Non-League 2023/24

pork pie fox

"Scunthorpe and Buxton have been ordered to replay their National League North game, which was abandoned in the 96th minute after a torrential downpour."

I know it's probably what the rules say has to happen, but it does seem a little ridiculous, on the face of it.

"Scunthorpe and Buxton have been ordered to replay their National League North game, which was abandoned in the 96th minute after a torrential downpour."

I know it's probably what the rules say has to happen, but it does seem a little ridiculous, on the face of it.
Astonishing decision. Buxton must be furious.

Result doesn't stand but the red card will!

A fit and proper Twat
You can just tell whats going on when you read an official club statement and it’s wall to wall ‘me’ this ‘I’ that. I think he even referred to a witch hunt by The Athletic and some shady character with a vendetta against him.

Such a ****er this can happen, sounds like it’s been a long time coming for Scunny though and the bloke he bought the club from wasn’t much better.

Really putting the **** in Scunthorpe….

• The club has confirmed all future home games beyond next weekend will be played at Gainsborough Trinity instead of Glanford Park.
  • Several supporters critical of Hilton’s stewardship have been banned from attending home games.
  • The Football Association is looking into an offensive message, purported to be from Hilton, which appeared on social media. Hilton denies sending it.
  • Strained finances include a host of outstanding bills, including County Court Judgments (CCJs), winding-up petitions and money owed to former players, the EFL and the taxman.
  • Players and staff are due to be paid on September 29, but Hilton’s decision to withdraw all funding leaves grave doubts over Scunthorpe’s ability to meet payroll.
  • A board assembled by Hilton at the start of this season has been broken up. Keith Waters, chief operating officer of golf’s European PGA Tour, resigned two weeks ago and has since been joined by solicitors Ian Dawson and Tahina Akther.

A post under Hilton’s childhood name, David White, on Facebook gave a forthright message to one fan.

“I’ve said il [sic] carrying on working hard but won’t give that club my children’s inheritance knowing my days there are numbered,” it said. “I can always leave the keys under the mat for you if you like and your club will be gone in a week.”

It is two and a half weeks since The Athletic detailed how Hilton has used four different surnames and in April 2015, when known as David Anderson, was sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to 15 counts of fraud by false representation.

We all call Prem clubs for their attitude to many things, and then you also have this going on. :(

I used to love football. Unsavoury things have always been around but my love for the game, like a lot of people, isn't quite the same nowadays.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463