Northampton 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems since Milwall, every team we play at home get ten men behind the ball, man-mark our wingers off the pitch and play on the break, and it seems like we can't cope with it. The players' heads looked down and Fryatt wasted two great chances, three games without a goal and he looks like he has feck all confidence.

If the players' could hear those retards booing then i'm sure that did nothing to help, but I do think they need to pull themselves together in situations where we can't play a forward pass or can't get a flick-on right and realise that every team we play at home is going to play dull, negative, suffocating football.

I think NP needs a plan B on the bench, not something we have thanks to injuries, and as much as it pains me to say it, DJ coming back might niot be a bad thing whenever he's due. I'm sure Dickov would have gorged himself on goals in the last two games n'all if he'd been around.

I wonder if Nige has actually got much cash to spend. Milan has been hinting about the losses we're likely to sustain financially this season, and with the likes of Clemence, Campbell, Dickov, Wesolowski and Chambers unavailable through injury, he could have told Pearson to just make do until these lot are fit (if ever).

Or not, possibly.

i was at the game yesterday, and can't even think what to put at the top of the list about how bad we were...

Hobbs was awful at right back. dominated by Doig in the air whenever he got forward. but he's not a right back by trade so we'll let him off. Gilbert shoudln't sweat on his position too much IMO.
Mattock looked good on the ball but had his usual 6 or 7 lapses in concentration leaving him and Dyer stranded up the field with no ball.
Howard played like a f*cking lamp post - whenever he jumps in the air he loses all concept of where he or any of the other players are on the pitch. His reaction speed in and around the box is woeful. WE NEED A NEW TARGET MAN.
Andy King has good touches occassionally, but let's the game happen around him. There's not enough dynamism in the face of any energetic opposition. Case in point would be that we lost out on nearly all of the 50-50 and even 60-40 situations. As we have relatively often over the past 3-5 games and v Milwall.
Dyer and Gradel need two things to get the most out of their undoubted talent:
a, central midfielders who release the ball early and accurately enough to give them the confidence to stay out wide and look to get in behind the fullback; and
b, someone other than howard making a run into the box.
Time and again Howard was ill positioned due to lack of pace and thinking speed and there was no point hanging the ball in the box for Fryatt.

High points were Oakley seemed to care and Martin, Tunchev and Kisnorbo were a class apart from anything else on the pitch.

IMO - we urgently, urgently need a qaulity striker and a quality centre mid or draws could start to turn to defeats and there'll be the same AWFUL atmosphere as was generated today.

The booing wasn't perhaps any worse than the fact that there was virtually no singing or chanting whatsoever. That was really the fault of the football that was served up and nothing else. Personally, i speng oer 75 quid in and around the ground today on two tickets and if i'd have wanted to have booed at the poor football served up i'd have been well within my rights.

In your opinion, would Stan's 'problems' have been apparent if he hadn't pursued a footballing career?
If he'd taken a job as a labourer on a building site would he just have had shit to deal with, the same as everybody else does?

I dunno, and how could anyone tell? And how could he tell, because football's been all he's done? He's a nice guy really, if pretty weird. :)

Sorry. Sometimes I get sad for the game and for those who play it, and for the emotional baggage they carry. I got too close to Stan and his problems. They couldn't be solved.

I would have guessed that the problem for Colleymore is that he had too much going for him and couldn't handle it (no pun intended) along with an unhealthy amount of self-indulgence.

However, that's not got a lot to do with the goalless draw with Northampton - which I didn't see. As i see it we are doing more than ok in the league and the only people that could possibly be disappointed are those that have built themselves utterly unrealistic notions of how good we are.

People who pay to watch are well entitled to express themselves at the ball game....but it may well rebound on them when the team plays even worse as a consequence. Pearson took over a complete mess and is doing an excellent job - he probably isn't a Mourinho but I don't think such supermen came in for the job.

I just hope these are our 'bad days' of the season or a bad spell.

But I blame myself.....since Huddersfield, I haven't seen us play and we haven't won since then. Bar Stockport away, every game I have been to, we've won. I am not at Brighton and probably not going Saturday either, so the bad form will continue....

I just hope these are our 'bad days' of the season or a bad spell.

But I blame myself.....since Huddersfield, I haven't seen us play and we haven't won since then. Bar Stockport away, every game I have been to, we've won. I am not at Brighton and probably not going Saturday either, so the bad form will continue....

If we lose, I'll be standing at Stansted Airport at 2am Wednesday blaming you for everything that's wrong in my life.

even though we are 4th,people on here should not think every thing is rosy,far from it.

i did not boo and would not even consider it,but the truth is our central midfield is rubbish and has been for years.

there lies our problem,even the defence is starting to look shaky because the midfield is creating the pressure for them.

as others have said,northampton were nervous of us then quickly realized they need not be.

i think we are lucky that we have a luxury of 2 exciting wingers in our side,who are not being used right.

maybe 1 will have to be sacrificed to give the team more of a balance,until NP gets that player required.

it really is frustrating that this side, we all know with the right additions could be really good

The little comment on the Championship this morning says it all.

'The home team booed off by the faithfull after going 8 games unbeaten'

**** off and watch Chelsea you halfwit *****.

The little comment on the Championship this morning says it all.

'The home team booed off by the faithfull after going 8 games unbeaten'

**** off and watch Chelsea you halfwit *****.

That does, in fact, sum it up perfectly. While I agree that if you pay your money you are entitled to an opinion and to voice it, I think those opinions should at least be related to the real world. Did anybody really think we'd win 46 out of 46 this season?

That does, in fact, sum it up perfectly. While I agree that if you pay your money you are entitled to an opinion and to voice it, I think those opinions should at least be related to the real world. Did anybody really think we'd win 46 out of 46 this season?

I suspect that many of the brainless morons actually did.

I would hope this is just our bad patch, most teams have one at some point during the season. I think for the fans to boo us off after going 11 games undefeated is a bit harsh. We're still in the play-offs, with a game in hand over one of the worst sides in the league which could take us back up to 2nd. We just need to sort out this problem of mis-firing strikers that seems to have arisen again.. :102:

Gradel was alright today, no complaints from me.

Plenty of complaints about him from Hobbs who gave him a right rollicking in the first half. Defensively Gradel has a lot to learn. This does not matter so much when Gilbert was right back but Hobbs needed help and was not getting it.

Plenty of complaints about him from Hobbs who gave him a right rollicking in the first half. Defensively Gradel has a lot to learn. This does not matter so much when Gilbert was right back but Hobbs needed help and was not getting it.

Hobbs is a useless twat.

Hobbs is a useless twat.

Useless twat might be abit harsh but he hasn't been great lately, he looks like suck a ****ing fairy when he has to make a tackle. Morisson is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669