Northampton - Sat 31st Jan '09 - 3pm SOLD OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northampton - Sat 31st Jan '09 - 3pm

Because it's against the football league rules :icon_roll

lots of fans do it. In our final home game last season against sheff wednesday they had 100's of fans in our end. As long as you don't cause any trouble i can't see what the problem is.

lots of fans do it. In our final home game last season against sheff wednesday they had 100's of fans in our end. As long as you don't cause any trouble i can't see what the problem is.

That would be the problem with my lot me thinks. whilst not causing trouble, if we scored, i cant really see them keeping quiet after an ale or 8 and thus a chant of "were the left side" would be started by my wonky eyed spag friend cus he cant handle his fecking beer.

That would be the problem with my lot me thinks. whilst not causing trouble, if we scored, i cant really see them keeping quiet after an ale or 8 and thus a chant of "were the left side" would be started by my wonky eyed spag friend cus he cant handle his fecking beer.

:005:

i don't think i would be able to keep quiet if we scored that's why i'm not sure whether to go in the home end or not.

:005:

i don't think i would be able to keep quiet if we scored that's why i'm not sure whether to go in the home end or not.

yeah i'd find it hard. i once tried this as a youngster when going to villa park to watch city win 3-1 with my villa fan uncle. not good.

instead hinckley will get our support and i'll bugger off to walsall on the tuesday instead.

I left ticket office at 3.40pm today and they had 20 tickets left, couldn't buy two as I am only priority 3

I've just emailed the ticket office and this is the reply i got.

Thank you for your email.

Please note: All tickets for the Northampton Town fixture are now SOLD OUT. There will be no further ticket allocation for this fixture, therefore there will be no reserve list for tickets.

Kind Regards
LCFC Ticket Office

After being told that as a priority 3 ST holder I could not buy the last tickets for Northampton I was allowed to buy Walsall tickets on priority 2 day as there were plenty left to sell.

:icon_sad: Was really hoping to get to this as it's only up the road from me.

Last edited:

After being told that as a priority 3 ST holder I could not buy the last tickets for Northampton I was allowed to buy Walsall tickets on priority 2 day as there were plenty left to sell.

Personally I think the whole away ticket system should be changed.

I would try and include some sort of priority for the length of time you have been a STH. I have had a season ticket since we moved to the Walkers, however, I have the same priority as someone who only bought their ticket last week, and less priority than someone who bought it last season and went to 10 away games, yet I have (potentially) given more support to the club than either of them.

On a point scoring system which doesn't solely rely on the season ticket gaining priority. You should be given some points for being a season ticket holder but this shouldn't be the only criteria.

Say ST = 140 points and members = 30 points whilst single home games = 5 points, then away games have a set amount depending on distance. Yeovil say 30 points and Northampton say 10 points. They current ask for a name reference when purchasing tickets - so it can be done in this process. For seasons following, you get additional points for home or away support on a constant basis - thus ensure fans who have stuck with the club get some priority.

So the casual home fan who goes a few away games still gets priority better than the season ticket holder who goes 23 home games - but wants a ticket for Northampton say or Brighton. It's not brill but still better than what's in place where you have to buy a £200 season ticket for your away travels to take note.

Last edited:

On a point scoring system which doesn't solely rely on the season ticket gaining priority. You should be given some points for being a season ticket holder but this shouldn't be the only criteria.

Say ST = 140 points and members = 30 points whilst single home games = 5 points, then away games have a set amount depending on distance. Yeovil say 30 points and Northampton say 10 points. They current ask for a name reference when purchasing tickets - so it can be done in this process. For seasons following, you get additional points for home or away support on a constant basis - thus ensure fans who have stuck with the club get some priority.

So the casual home fan who goes a few away games still gets priority better than the season ticket holder who goes 23 home games - but wants a ticket for Northampton say or Brighton. It's not brill but still better than what's in place where you have to buy a £200 season ticket for your away travels to take note.

What about people who live in Yeovil? Would they get 10 points for the Yeovil game and 30 for going to Northampton away? How many points would I get for going to Carlisle? In the club need and use something much more simple than that.

Their first priority (not to be confused with Priority One) is to get tickets to the people who support the club financially by buying a season ticket. I don't think that is unreasonable; season-ticket sales are very important to the club and enable a budget to be set for the season.

They then reward people who most often go along and give the team support at away matches. The 1, 2, 3 system for ST holders also supports your desire to reward long-term supporters.

After that they reward members who have paid £15 (used to be £20) for the privilege.

And then they serve the rest.

At games like Northampton away, the combination of the comparatively local game and small away allocation will always mean that there will not be enough tickets for everybody who wants one - so somebody will always be unhappy. No amount of fiddling around with the priority rules will change that.

What about people who live in Yeovil? Would they get 10 points for the Yeovil game and 30 for going to Northampton away? How many points would I get for going to Carlisle? .

Simple they use the address all ready registered with the club as they do with all ticket purchases. Obiviously the issue would be if someone lived somewhere particular remote they would gain extra points all the time - but maybe they deserve that, it would be a relative few.

My idea was about appreciating and rewarding all fans - not those who can afford a season ticket or have relevant time to allow for a season ticket.

My change-around suggestion of the away ticket system wasn't made in reference to just this game, it's something I've thought for a long time - we're one of the few clubs who adopt such an obtuse system.

My change-around suggestion of the away ticket system wasn't made in reference to just this game, it's something I've thought for a long time - we're one of the few clubs who adopt such an obtuse system.

Is it the Salford lot who have a lottery type arrangement for away tickets?

Simple they use the address all ready registered with the club as they do with all ticket purchases. Obiviously the issue would be if someone lived somewhere particular remote they would gain extra points all the time - but maybe they deserve that, it would be a relative few.

My idea was about appreciating and rewarding all fans - not those who can afford a season ticket or have relevant time to allow for a season ticket.

We're one of the few clubs outside the Premier League that needs any kind of system at all.

The 1, 2, 3 system for ST holders also supports your desire to reward long-term supporters.

No it doesn't. I've had a season ticket (I've had 2 for most of that time) since the Walkers opened, yet I have the same priority as someone who bought their season ticket last week, but less than someone who bought one last season and went to 10 away games, so where's my long term reward?

No it doesn't. I've had a season ticket (I've had 2 for most of that time) since the Walkers opened, yet I have the same priority as someone who bought their season ticket last week, but less than someone who bought one last season and went to 10 away games, so where's my long term reward?

Point taken. The greater rewards go to the season ticket holders who actually go to away matches. I personally can't see a problem with that.

What I was trying to say was that away-going season ticket holders got greater reward the longer they had been away-going. I regret that I did not make myself clear.

I can't see any relevance to the fact that you had two season tickets when it comes to this discussion. Each single season ticket has got to build its own priority. In reality *you* did not have *two* season tickets: *you* had *one* and you bought one for somebody else.

I can't see any relevance to the fact that you had two season tickets when it comes to this discussion. Each single season ticket has got to build its own priority. In reality *you* did not have *two* season tickets: *you* had *one* and you bought one for somebody else.

Fair comment, my point being that I have probably put more money into the club over the last few years including paying out for 2 season tickets, yet get no more reward than someone who has just had a ticket for a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566