Northants CC match (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Another abysmal first innings batting performance after choosing to bat. 86/5. :bang:

fox58

168 all out Northants 32 behind with 8 wickets in hand. They have learned nothing during the break for the twenty20, apoor show alround and a mountain to climb in oreder to salvage something from this match

glyn

It's been the same problem for the past 3 seasons - first innings batting collapses. The batsmen aren't world beaters but they are certainly better than their first innings performances.

glyn

So a first innings deficit of around 200. Just a 400 run second innings needed then. This first innings batting is a joke.

Jimmy Lad

48 all out to a team with injuries!

Is this our lowest ever point?

And to add to that our best batsman (Taylor) has his head turned by Warwicks illegal approach and folds with the rest of them.

No doubt he will join the long list of top players to have defected away in recent seasons including:

Allenby
Stevens
Maddy
Broad
Masters
B Smith
L Wright

manxfox

Makes me laugh - the money and the 'glamour' side of county cricket lies within the T20 format, and we are having a good time of that format at the minute, and its not like our history in that competition is poor. Let him do one so we can add him to the list above of which none have gone on to achieve a regular international place except Broad.

Lako42

Wow, how embarrassing.

Redditch Fox

left home at 37-5, got there at 40-7 - just as the 8th fell. Took about 10 minutes after that...

I did a lot better then you - got on the ground at 35 or maybe 37 -5. And saw nearly 30 mins.

Batters got themselves out with poor shots. General view amongst 'crowd' was that people half-expected us to fold and a lunchtime thereabouts finish but this one shocked even the pessimists.

glyn

Wow. Just pathetic.

I'll see more runs in 5 overs down at Glamorgan tonight.

Redditch Fox

Makes me laugh - the money and the 'glamour' side of county cricket lies within the T20 format, and we are having a good time of that format at the minute, and its not like our history in that competition is poor.

You are right of course in that interest in the Championship is negligible outside a very limited number of enthusiasts and the Daily Telegraph. But that doesn't explain to-day's total lack of application. I saw just the first session on Saturday - and couldn't understand why Hoggard would want to bat first on a somewhat green wicket against a fairly strong seam attack. Then we have today - when there was a complete lack of focus. The club will want to see this one forgotten as fast possible but it does smack of players so distracted by the T20 that they couldn't put in a professional performance in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670