Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he'd been arrested purely as a suspect then I'd agree but as he's admitted responsibility it just seems a pointless exercise to me.

This suggests he's co-operating with the authorities and helping to provide answers to the questions I'm sure plenty of the parents will have. Hopefully it will also help him to confront the enormity of his crime in a way just locking him up would not.

This suggests he's co-operating with the authorities and helping to provide answers to the questions I'm sure plenty of the parents will have. Hopefully it will also help him to confront the enormity of his crime in a way just locking him up would not.
A good daily kicking would have been more effective for my money.
This is just a photographic realisation of most of the affected parent's nightmares.

Hopefully it will also help him to confront the enormity of his crime in a way just locking him up would not.

Do you honestly believe he wasn't aware of the enormity of his crime before he had even committed it?

The alternative viewpoint would be that he will delight in observing the site of his 'victory' and what he has done.

The killer has been taken back on to Utoya Island, retracing his steps from that awful day.

I personally think it's an absolute disgrace.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16049800

I guess the police had good reasons for doing a reconstruction. What I do find an absolute disgrace is that the newspapers splash these pictures of him, pretending to aim and shoot, all over their front pages. Don't think that will help the parents much in their grieving process.

Do you honestly believe he wasn't aware of the enormity of his crime before he had even committed it?

Considering the amount of material detailing his belief that his victims were sub-human? Yes.

The alternative viewpoint would be that he will delight in observing the site of his 'victory' and what he has done.

Maybe, but nothing lost in that scenario, while there is something to gain if you're wrong.

Last edited:
I guess the police had good reasons for doing a reconstruction. What I do find an absolute disgrace is that the newspapers splash these pictures of him, pretending to aim and shoot, all over their front pages. Don't think that will help the parents much in their grieving process.

Indeed, more worrisome is the fact that blanket media coverage has been shown to give encouragement to other mass-shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669