Post Match Nottingham Forest 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all that happened yesterday, I suspect that I still feel better today as a Leicester fan than I would as an Ipswich fan :081:

Despite all that happened yesterday, I suspect that I still feel better today as a Leicester fan than I would as an Ipswich fan :081:

I feel better today as a Leicester fan than I would as a Peterborough fan!

And better than a Forest fan.

Bloody hell, I think I'd vomit in shame if I was a fan of any other team. That's how it works, isn't it?

Interesting comment from a Leeds fan on another forum:-

"Schmeichel did this all the time at Leeds last season. He'd concede, then go hurtling to get the ball out of the net and boot it away somewhere. It grated with a lot of Leeds fans; we'd rather he'd done more to keep the ball out, rather than this post-goal ritual of throwing a tantrum and then blaming all the defenders."

Understandably there has been a lot of talk about the one incident that turned the game. This is hopefully a one-off and yesterday may have helped our young goalkeeper mature. Anyone who was not at the game might not realise how well we played away from home at 11 versus 11.
We are still asking too much of Nugent but I believe we will get a new striker to take the weight off him. I also believe there is a chance that Michael Johnson who has not yet played a Championship game may turn out to be our player of the season.

Even after our poor performances in the last two games I was optimistic and after Saturday I am even more so.

Understandably there has been a lot of talk about the one incident that turned the game. This is hopefully a one-off and yesterday may have helped our young goalkeeper mature. Anyone who was not at the game might not realise how well we played away from home at 11 versus 11.
We are still asking too much of Nugent but I believe we will get a new striker to take the weight off him. I also believe there is a chance that Michael Johnson who has not yet played a Championship game may turn out to be our player of the season.

Even after our poor performances in the last two games I was optimistic and after Saturday I am even more so.
I shouldn't get too carried away, you played a team with zero attacking options in the first half and not much after, and even after that you tired way too easily in the latter stages of the game.

I shouldn't get too carried away, you played a team with zero attacking options in the first half and not much after, and even after that you tired way too easily in the latter stages of the game.
That is possibly true but I suspect the forest fans are a little more worried at this moment in time.

After having a bit of time to calm down, I still don't think this is a terrible result - it should have been three points for sure, but it was just one of those days - not helped by terrible officiating.

While I would still like us to bring in a stiker, I think what the game highlighted was that we could possibly do with bringing in some cover for Kasper as Weale just didn't look at all confident when he came on on Saturday and it seemed almost inevitable that Forest would grab the equaliser.

I don't think the team tired as much as everyone seems to think - Danns and King looked knackered, but that was about it and until the penalty we were still well in control of the match.

All in all, if we play like we did for the first hour or so against other teams in the league, we'll start to rack up the points quickly. Someone like Maynard or Yakubu coming in could really, really make the difference for us in my opinion.

You're right but we still created a couple of chances in each half which should have led to goals. I am still very cautious.

That said, your lot created feck all bar Findley's shot.

Last edited:
Only skipped through this thread, but it makes me wonder if any of the crowd that were chanting "Weale, Weale, Weale..." last season whilst Ricardo was in goal have red faces now.

I don't understand why people feel the need to look for the negatives, say we threw the game away or even, ridiculously, blame Sven for any of this. We played very well, yes there are things to improve on, but it was a very positive performance with some outstanding individual showings, step forward Mr Danns. In my eyes there is one reason we lost this game and that was the ref. Yes Kasper got himself sent off, but if the ref hadn't been such a cock and given that stupid penalty, Kasper wouldn't have lost it and Weale wouldn't have been on the pitch to bottle it. Not saying they shouldn't take some of the blame, Kasper was unprofessional, but then many players get away with what he did, and Weale obviously has no idea how to position himself and is generally shit. But to blame Sven and the rest of the team is truly idiotic and anyone who does obviously didn't see the game. If anything, they should be praised for turning it round so quickly following the previous poor performances.

Up until the penalty we were in command and coasting. Play like that every game and we will shoot up the table and be in the mix for promotion.

I don't understand why people feel the need to look for the negatives, say we threw the game away or even, ridiculously, blame Sven for any of this. We played very well, yes there are things to improve on, but it was a very positive performance with some outstanding individual showings, step forward Mr Danns. In my eyes there is one reason we lost this game and that was the ref. Yes Kasper got himself sent off, but if the ref hadn't been such a cock and given that stupid penalty, Kasper wouldn't have lost it and Weale wouldn't have been on the pitch to bottle it. Not saying they shouldn't take some of the blame, Kasper was unprofessional, but then many players get away with what he did, and Weale obviously has no idea how to position himself and is generally shit. But to blame Sven and the rest of the team is truly idiotic and anyone who does obviously didn't see the game. If anything, they should be praised for turning it round so quickly following the previous poor performances.

Up until the penalty we were in command and coasting. Play like that every game and we will shoot up the table and be in the mix for promotion.

Exactly, had we played like that in previous games we would have beaten Bristol easily and possibly Reading.

Only skipped through this thread, but it makes me wonder if any of the crowd that were chanting "Weale, Weale, Weale..." last season whilst Ricardo was in goal have red faces now.

Of course not, have a look at the official LCFC page on Facebook and there are a fair share of people on there saying that Weale was totally not to blame and the defenders were all in the wrong. It really is unbelievable!

Wait until we play at home in front of the wankers, any good work from Saturday will undoubtedly be undone If we go a goal down or don't score within the 1st 45.

That is possibly true but I suspect the forest fans are a little more worried at this moment in time.
Absolutely, we have a clown in charge that doesn't know what he's doing or how he is going to get us going

Absolutely, we have a clown in charge that doesn't know what he's doing or how he is going to get us going

I thought your lot would still have a chance for the playoffs this year, not sure though now. He seems to have destroyed any belief the squad had?

I thought your lot would still have a chance for the playoffs this year, not sure though now. He seems to have destroyed any belief the squad had?

They should replace him with Sousa to finish the job off.

Seriously though, I wouldn't even wish that on Florist. I was surprised by their starting 11 and would have expected the subs he brought on to have started the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669