Notts v Leics T20

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Last T20 of the season. Razzaq has just gone for another three sixes in his first over. His bowling has been poor.

sykes plays

And Wayne concedes three himself in his first over to bring his season economy rate to 12.5!

A hammering looming, 94 off 8 overs.

When you look at the respective line ups - not a fair contest. Had it been boxing - ref would probably have stepped in!

When you look at the respective line ups - not a fair contest. Had it been boxing - ref would probably have stepped in!

Lets face it Nottinghamshire are one of the strongest counties nationally at present. Also considering the following didn't play: Franks, Swann, Broad, Fletcher, Patel, Adams, Hales and Philips.

Lets face it Nottinghamshire are one of the strongest counties nationally at present. Also considering the following didn't play: Franks, Swann, Broad, Fletcher, Patel, Adams, Hales and Philips.

Agreed.

What annoys me is the opportunities/ form of Gurney. I realise injuries came into play when he was at Grace Road, but I also think his potential was not fully understood. Decent left arm seamers are as rare as rocking horse s--t as they say & it may well be that better treatment i.e. opportunities in the 4 day game may have helped to keep him at Leics. I's possible that Robert Taylor may also continue to develop as a left arm seamer in which case I hope lessons have been learned. It seems lessons have not been learned re White bowling in T20 - and much the same will apply in CB40 - his economy rate is a contradiction in terms.

Agreed.

What annoys me is the opportunities/ form of Gurney. I realise injuries came into play when he was at Grace Road, but I also think his potential was not fully understood. Decent left arm seamers are as rare as rocking horse s--t as they say & it may well be that better treatment i.e. opportunities in the 4 day game may have helped to keep him at Leics. I's possible that Robert Taylor may also continue to develop as a left arm seamer in which case I hope lessons have been learned. It seems lessons have not been learned re White bowling in T20 - and much the same will apply in CB40 - his economy rate is a contradiction in terms.

I just noticed he got a couple of wickets in the CC yesterday, and checked and saw he had played 6 times for Notts in the championship. More than he played for us most seasons and this is in Division One. Doing OK but not pulling up trees, 13 wickets at 31. Although he does have to share the haul with Andre Adams (46 wickets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566