Occupy Leister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outrage at what though? That some people have more money than others? That sounds like envy to me.

No. Outrage at the way that corrupt politicians and banksters are stealing your money Major and ****ing up the entire economic system. Nothing to do with envy at all.

No. Outrage at the way that corrupt politicians and banksters are stealing your money Major and ****ing up the entire economic system. Nothing to do with envy at all.
Well they're not stealing the money of the occupiers as they are obviously not working. Presumably they(the occupiers) are claiming some sort of benefits ,while not trying to find work, so you could argue that they are stealing the money collected from the evil bankers in tax.

Well they're not stealing the money of the occupiers as they are obviously not working. Presumably they(the occupiers) are claiming some sort of benefits ,while not trying to find work, so you could argue that they are stealing the money collected from the evil bankers in tax.

How do you know what the personal circumstances of any of the protesters are?
I personally know three people taking part in different occupy protests. Two are working and one has just lost his well paid job because of the corruption going on, I have no idea whether or not he's claiming any benefits, that he is entitled to after paying into the system for years, and I would make any crass assumptions about him without knowing.

How do you know what the personal circumstances of any of the protesters are?
I personally know three people taking part in different occupy protests. Two are working and one has just lost his well paid job because of the corruption going on, I have no idea whether or not he's claiming any benefits, that he is entitled to after paying into the system for years, and I would make any crass assumptions about him without knowing.

You said 'corrupt politicians and banksters are stealing your money'. Now do you know the personal circumstances of these people you are accusing or are you making crass assumptions?

You said 'corrupt politicians and banksters are stealing your money'. Now do you know the personal circumstances of these people you are accusing or are you making crass assumptions?

I don't need to know their personal circumstances nor do I need to make any crass assumptions. Their professional actions are the issue and they are a matter of public record.

Outrage at what though? That some people have more money than others? That sounds like envy to me.

I am not one of the occupiers.

I am not on benefits - apart from my pension which I paid for over many years.

I pay my taxes and expect others to do the same. I have no desire to be like some of the pillars of our system, so cannot be described as envious of them.

I don't care that some people have more money than others - indeed I am probably better off than average. And I was for several years a director on the remuneration committee of a city company deciding on huge salaries and bonuses of people in the financial sector. Within the terms of how the system works and the success of that company those were justifiable.

But I am outraged by some of the things going on - not just the naked greed of some of these people voting themselves huge pay rises with zero justification, but also at the supine attitude of many shareholders - including HM government on our behalf - who seem unprepared to vote against or even criticise them. I am outraged at sweetheart deals between certain companies and HMRC to allow them virtually zero tax on massive profits. I am outraged that kids are being dumped on the scrapheap before that have even got started in life as part of the price of all this.

The whole system is going implode sooner or later, it's coming, every bail out, hair cut etc is just storing up problems for later. Whether you choose to be outraged or plan how you can out of it the best is up to you.

I am not one of the occupiers.

I am not on benefits - apart from my pension which I paid for over many years.

I pay my taxes and expect others to do the same. I have no desire to be like some of the pillars of our system, so cannot be described as envious of them.

I don't care that some people have more money than others - indeed I am probably better off than average. And I was for several years a director on the remuneration committee of a city company deciding on huge salaries and bonuses of people in the financial sector. Within the terms of how the system works and the success of that company those were justifiable.

But I am outraged by some of the things going on - not just the naked greed of some of these people voting themselves huge pay rises with zero justification, but also at the supine attitude of many shareholders - including HM government on our behalf - who seem unprepared to vote against or even criticise them. I am outraged at sweetheart deals between certain companies and HMRC to allow them virtually zero tax on massive profits. I am outraged that kids are being dumped on the scrapheap before that have even got started in life as part of the price of all this.

And how is pitching a tent outside the clock tower going to change that?

The whole system is going implode sooner or later, it's coming, every bail out, hair cut etc is just storing up problems for later. Whether you choose to be outraged or plan how you can out of it the best is up to you.

Absolutely, there is no doubt about it. They've just been kicking the can further down the road for years, but we're fast approaching the point where the entire system as it is is just going to collapse. If people think things are tough now, just wait until that happens, and it will happen as things stand.
It can be averted though, but it will take a brave government to introduce entire economic, banking and monetary reform, and even then it will still mean a lot of hardship and pain is on the way for everybody.
There's no escaping it, most of the planet is trapped in a huge debt bubble.

Absolutely, there is no doubt about it. They've just been kicking the can further down the road for years, but we're fast approaching the point where the entire system as it is is just going to collapse. If people think things are tough now, just wait until that happens, and it will happen as things stand.
It can be averted though, but it will take a brave government to introduce entire economic, banking and monetary reform, and even then it will still mean a lot of hardship and pain is on the way for everybody.
My Dad tried to tell us more or less that about eight years when he moved the whole family to a small farm with the intention to become entirely self-sufficient (produce everything you eat). He didn't want to depend on anyone. I'm beginning to see the thought behind that now.

How do you think it could effect change?
I don't

I wouldn't argue with any of that.

And how is pitching a tent outside the clock tower going to change that?

Where did I say it would? I was responding to your assertion that my outrage equated to envy

But for what it's worth at least they've got us discussing the issue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673