Odds on our immediate return

Next season is going to be highly entertaining before a ball is even kicked. How the feck we are early favourites despite having no manager and the only thing for certain about our squad is that most of them won't be here is baffling.....

I guess if we're selling right up to the deadline that would help too (and frankly some of the players deserve a run out in the Championship), but of the squad who will likely stay the whole season, I'd think it would be something like Iverson, Souttar, Thomas, KDH, Choudhury, Hirst with any more than that being a bonus - that's a lot of squad building to be getting on with
Would love to see Maddison have to start the season for us.

How the feck we are early favourites [...] is baffling.
Bookies don't set odds on the reality of the situation. They look at the amount being staked and adjust them in order to make the most money possible.

They are Bookies odds then? As opposed to some kind of Opta stat of whatever. I don't know, seriously. I don't know who dishes out odds, or where those odds came from... and in truth I don't really understand odds anyway. Well, I sort of do, but not beyond the very simplistic.

To win the Championship

Leicester 5/1
Leeds 11/2
Middlesbrough 10/1
Southampton 10/1
Ipswich 14/1
Norwich 14/1
Watford 14/1
West Brom 14/1
Stoke 20/1
Sunderland 20/1
Blackburn 25/1
Coventry 25/1
Millwall 25/1
Swansea 25/1
Sheffield Wednesday 25/1
Hull 28/1
Birmingham 33/1
Cardiff 33/1
Bristol City 40/1
Plymouth 40/1
Preston 40/1
QPR 40/1
Huddersfield 50/1
Rotherham 80/1
Those are batshit. The turnover of players we are looking at… it’s just a massive ask to do it in one season. Amazing if we manage it, but perhaps unrealistic. This isn’t a case of refreshing what we have, but gutting the squad and basically starting again.

There is absolutely no chance that we are coming back up next season.

As has been said elsewhere- relegation seems more likely

Am I right in thinking BT Sport don't show any EFL games?

So any time we are on TV next season, it will be Sky? That's a positive I guess...

So any time we are on TV next season, it will be Sky? That's a positive I guess...
Apparently some plans for expanded coverage.

The IFollow app has one more year internationally.

There are plans for the PL to launch their own channel with a £10pm cost. This will show all PL games exclusively. If it goes ahead, Sky will have to show more Championship games and both BT and Amazon will find themselves in the same boat. I'm guessing it's too late for next season however.

EFL clubs have unanimously approved a record domestic rights deal with broadcaster Sky Sports worth £935m over a five-year period with over 1,000 matches to be broadcast each season – a record number of games for any club football agreement.

Running from season 2024/25 to season 2028/29, the arrangement will be made up of guaranteed payments of £895m and £40m in marketing benefits. In total, 1,059 EFL matches are set to be broadcast exclusively across existing Sky Sports channels or live via a Sky Sports streaming destination available on TV and mobile devices.

Increased value and promotion

The new deal represents a 50% increase on the value of the current rights agreement and will see significantly enhanced exposure for all EFL clubs provided through on-air and digital support from Sky Sports to promote EFL competitions, clubs, and community initiatives.

Each season, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of:

• 328 Sky Bet Championship matches
  • 248 Sky Bet League One matches
  • 248 Sky Bet League Two matches
  • All 15 Play-Off matches
  • All 93 Carabao Cup matches
  • All 127 EFL Trophy matches
Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown. Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live. For the first time ever, fans will be also able to watch every match from the Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy.

All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One & Two during international breaks.

Increased notice for fans

With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup 3rd Round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.

Article 48 to remain

The new deal allows for ‘Article 48’, the blocked broadcast period between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoons to remain, meaning that main broadcast fixtures will be scheduled for outside of this time. Final fixture slots will be confirmed at a later date.

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL’s domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

Enhanced production values and camera numbers

The EFL and Sky Sports will continue to work together to innovate, seeking opportunities to improve coverage and take viewers closer to the action, while the EFL will be investing significantly in production infrastructure to enhance the viewing experience. Sky Sports will have a minimum of eight cameras for each game broadcast on existing channels. For matches available to stream, Sky commentary will be provided and a minimum of four cameras will be used at Championship and League One matches, and a minimum of two cameras in League Two.

I think Southampton could do very well next season. From what I saw, there's a very young and talented squad there which won't be ripped apart.

EFL clubs have unanimously approved a record domestic rights deal with broadcaster Sky Sports worth £935m over a five-year period with over 1,000 matches to be broadcast each season – a record number of games for any club football agreement.

Running from season 2024/25 to season 2028/29, the arrangement will be made up of guaranteed payments of £895m and £40m in marketing benefits. In total, 1,059 EFL matches are set to be broadcast exclusively across existing Sky Sports channels or live via a Sky Sports streaming destination available on TV and mobile devices.

Increased value and promotion

The new deal represents a 50% increase on the value of the current rights agreement and will see significantly enhanced exposure for all EFL clubs provided through on-air and digital support from Sky Sports to promote EFL competitions, clubs, and community initiatives.

Each season, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of:

• 328 Sky Bet Championship matches
  • 248 Sky Bet League One matches
  • 248 Sky Bet League Two matches
  • All 15 Play-Off matches
  • All 93 Carabao Cup matches
  • All 127 EFL Trophy matches
Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown. Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live. For the first time ever, fans will be also able to watch every match from the Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy.

All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One & Two during international breaks.

Increased notice for fans

With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup 3rd Round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.

Article 48 to remain

The new deal allows for ‘Article 48’, the blocked broadcast period between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoons to remain, meaning that main broadcast fixtures will be scheduled for outside of this time. Final fixture slots will be confirmed at a later date.

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL’s domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

Enhanced production values and camera numbers

The EFL and Sky Sports will continue to work together to innovate, seeking opportunities to improve coverage and take viewers closer to the action, while the EFL will be investing significantly in production infrastructure to enhance the viewing experience. Sky Sports will have a minimum of eight cameras for each game broadcast on existing channels. For matches available to stream, Sky commentary will be provided and a minimum of four cameras will be used at Championship and League One matches, and a minimum of two cameras in League Two.

But that's from 24/25

Next season is 23/24, so doesn't come in yet

From what I can see, they currently air something like 120 Championship games per season

But that's from 24/25

Next season is 23/24, so doesn't come in yet

From what I can see, they currently air something like 120 Championship games per season
With quite a few Friday night games

Would love to see Maddison have to start the season for us.
It's not unreasonable to expect that we will start next season with most / many of the current squad (regardless of whether they are for sale or want out).

Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is another matter, but it's highly likely that our line-up on ~05 August will be the most expensive starting line-up in Championship history.

Those odds are comedy gold.

The only ones that make any sense are Boro & Watford in terms of actually having a bet but thats based on current knowledge.
Without knowing everything about playing staff & managerial changes at every club it'd be mental to even consider a bet.

So obviously my mate Dave texted me yesterday to say he's just spunked 50 quid on us for promotion.

Jesus.

Cov might be interesting if they can keep Hamer & Gyokeres & improve their midfield but **** any of that til the end of July.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463