Offer accepted for Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been watching East Mid News - crowd gathering outside the King Power in anticipation - I counted about 13 youths

It's not just down to that though, is it. It's like a house buying chain.

the deal can be done subject to a medical. it shouldnt take this long to agree personal terms if the player is only dealing with one club. i suspect there are several strands to this and it may not be beckford or a n other but possibly both if deals can be agreed or perhaps no one if they cant. i think sven would like to bring in two strikers if he can. waghorn will go out if we sign someone.

the deal can be done subject to a medical. it shouldnt take this long to agree personal terms if the player is only dealing with one club. i suspect there are several strands to this and it may not be beckford or a n other but possibly both if deals can be agreed or perhaps no one if they cant. i think sven would like to bring in two strikers if he can. waghorn will go out if we sign someone.

I think I just wrote that, but in a more understandable and concise form

I suspect everyone would be disappointed if we failed to get a striker.

I've got a feeling that we are going to be left high and dry with no striker(s). Which will be pretty embarassing considering our unsightly curtsying at the feet of every man who's found the back of the net more than ten times in the past three years. In for a penny in for a pound I think. If king power have 6.5m burning a hole in their sky rocket then they should just buy the league by spending ten mil on two strikers and make it almost certain we'll make the playoffs. 1 striker won't do thatIMO. That said, am still hopeful we pull of at least one major signing, one wide man and get Tunch back from Palace. Surprised we weren't back in for Gradel at 2million. If we are after a pacy man to play wide in a front three.

Beckford won't sign until Everton complete the signing of their loan striker (I forget his name) so we will be waiting on that.

Beckford won't sign until Everton complete the signing of their loan striker (I forget his name) so we will be waiting on that.

Pretty sure their loan striker (the Argentine one?) has already signed?

Worried that Yak to Blackburn and any Arteta move could scupper our chances with Beckford though.

Hope Sven still has other irons in the fire.

Last edited:
What makes you think we weren't?
There was speculation that we'd made a bid for him but he wanted to go back to France.

They say:

Leeds United have reluctantly accepted an offer from French club Saint-Etienne for Max Gradel.
The player, who joined Leeds for an initial fee of £200,000 when he moved permanently from Leicester in January 2010, submitted a transfer request earlier on Tuesday, stating his desire to secure a move to his 'native' France and play at the highest level for his career development.
There has been extensive interest in the player, who is out of contract at the end of the season, from both clubs in England and France, however we were reluctant to agree to a domestic transfer that could potentially harm our promotion ambitions.

Leeds United have reluctantly accepted an offer from French club Saint-Etienne for Max Gradel.
The player, who joined Leeds for an initial fee of £200,000 when he moved permanently from Leicester in January 2010, submitted a transfer request earlier on Tuesday, stating his desire to secure a move to his 'native' France and play at the highest level for his career development.
There has been extensive interest in the player, who is out of contract at the end of the season, from both clubs in England and France, however we were reluctant to agree to a domestic transfer that could potentially harm our promotion ambitions.

Hope we have a sell on clause

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673