Oldham - 18th Oct 08 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Tickets:

We have been allocated 2841 tickets in the 'Rochdale Road End', now known as the Leesfield Developments Stand. The stand has just over 4,600 seats, and is split between home and away fans.

£18.00 - Adults
£9.00 - Seniors/Under 16's
£3.00 - Under 12's

Tickets will go on sale as follows:

Mon 6th Oct - Priority 1 STH
Tues 7th Oct - Priority 2 STH
Weds 8th Oct - Priority 3 STH
Thurs 9th Oct - Members
Fri 10th Oct - General sale

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart the stadium at 10.30am and are priced as follows:

Adult STH - £14
Senior/Under 16 STH - £12

Adult non STH - £16
Senior/Under 16 non STH - £14

Directions & Parking:

Approx 127 miles - 2hours 15 mins

M1 north to J42 > M62 towards Leeds and Manchester > Leave M62 and J20 ......

Keep left on to A627, go straight over the 2 roundabouts and the ground is on your left hand side. (You could also bare left at the 2nd roundabout A663 Broadway and approach the ground from the other side. There are speed cameras on this road)

The club offers a large car park behind the Lookers stand at a cost of £2 per car.

Trains:

There are 2 stations in Oldham, and you need to make sure you arrive at Oldham Werneth. The ground is about a 15 minute walk from this station. The other station (Oldham Mumps) is about a 45 minute walk from the ground.

A saver return is £38.60 and there are no cheap tickets available. The journey going is approx 3 hours 30 minutes and involves a train to Sheffield, then a train to Manchester Piccadilly, then a ride on the metro to Manchester Victoria before boarding your final train to Oldham Werneth. Coming back the journey is well over 4 hours and involves the same changes except you will change at Nottingham instead of Sheffield.

I'm sure I can find a cheaper way by splitting the tickets, and I will post the details as soon as I have worked it all out. *

*Edit: Ok here goes ....

Going:
8.27am or 8.32am from Leicester, arrives Nottingham 8.56am or 9.16am.
9.42am from Nottingham, arrives Manchester Piccadilly 12.03pm

**Use metrolink to get to Manchester Victoria**

The trains from Manchester Victoria to Oldham Werneth run every 30 minutes from 15 minutes past the hour.

Coming back:
17.26pm from Oldham Werneth, arrives Manchester Victoria 17.53pm

**Use metrolink to get to Manchester Piccadilly**

18.39pm from Manchester Piccadilly, arrives Nottingham 20.41pm
21.30pm from Nottingham, arrives Leicester 22.00pm

Buy a CDR from Leicester to Nottingham - £8
Buy a CDR from Nottingham to Manchester - £17.10
Buy a metrolink return from Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Victoria - £1.20
Buy a CDR from Manchester Victoria to Oldham Werneth - £2.40
Total: £28.70 (A £9.90 saving compared to the saver return price)

Too add to all this confusion, it is possible to group save on the Leicester to Nottingham leg of the journey and the Nottingham to Manchester leg of the journey. 3 or 4 people travel for the price of 2.

Between Leicester and Nottingham, 3 travel for £5.30 each and 4 travel for £4 each
Between Nottingham and Manchester Piccadilly, 3 travel for £11.40 each and 4 travel for £8.55 each

3 can travel in total for £20.30 each
4 can travel in total for £16.15 each

Metrolink help can be found here

Pubs:

The ground guides suggestions can be found here

Last edited:
There are 2 stations in Oldham, and you need to make sure you arrive at Oldham Werneth. The ground is about a 15 minute walk from this station. The other station (Oldham Mumps) is about a 45 minute walk from the ground.

I know the football ground guide website says it's a 15 minute walk, but most people won't be able to walk it that quickly.

Oldham Werneth is over 1.3 miles (walking route) from the ground, so 25 minutes would be more realistic.

Buy a metrolink return from Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Victoria - £1.20

You can knock £1.20 off that, you don't need to buy the Metrolink ticket.
Buy a Piccadilly to Oldham ticket, which allows you to use the tram and costs the same as a Victoria to Oldham ticket.

An alternative route for people in the Hinckley / Nuneaton area is to go via Birmingham. There are some advance purchase tickets available to do Birmingham - Manchester return for £21.

If you've already got to Manchester Piccadilly, there's no earthly point in crossing Manchester on the tram (even if you could) just so you can get another train that will dump you 25 minutes walk from the ground.

From Piccadilly Station, just walk along to Piccadilly Gardens and catch a bus on one of the several routes that passes the ground - 24, 181 and 182 from memory, but check before boarding. 5 minute walk to Piccadilly Gardens and about 30 minutes on the bus - quicker and probably cheaper too!

Last edited:
From Piccadilly Station, just walk along to Piccadilly Gardens and catch a bus on one of the several routes that passes the ground - 24, 181 and 182 from memory, but check before boarding.

I'll be getting the train as far as Rochdale, and getting the number 409 bus from there to Oldham.

According to Traveline the 182 bus is the only direct one from Piccadilly Gardens to Oldham.

According to Traveline the 182 bus is the only direct one from Piccadilly Gardens to Oldham.

That might be the town centre. There are certainly more than that go past the ground from Piccadilly Gardens. I think the 20 does as well as the ones I've already mentioned.

That might be the town centre. There are certainly more than that go past the ground from Piccadilly Gardens. I think the 20 does as well as the ones I've already mentioned.

I asked Traveline for buses to the ground, that was the only one that didn't involve a change.

It might be that there are others that take longer, so weren't shown as options.

I asked Traveline for buses to the ground, that was the only one that didn't involve a change.

It might be that there are others that take longer, so weren't shown as options.

The 182 travels along Rochdale Road (the same as your 409) which is about 400 yards to the east of the ground. The others travel along Burnley Road which is about 400 yards to the south-west of the ground. Six and two threes.

The club has stated this morning, that over 2,200 tickets have been sold. Should any tickets remain, they will be available on the day of the game from Boundary Park, however these will cost £2 more.

Last edited:
FoxTravel now SOLD OUT.

but taking numbers for the funcitionality of another coach....:icon_cry:

EDIT: I am told they currently have 15 names and need 40.

Looks like I am going to miss this now and have to give my ticket back.

Don't quote me, but the chances of them getting another 25 names within the next 3 days is quite likely IMO :102:

Too add to all this confusion, it is possible to group save on the Leicester to Nottingham leg of the journey and the Nottingham to Manchester leg of the journey. 3 or 4 people travel for the price of 2.

Between Leicester and Nottingham, 3 travel for £5.30 each and 4 travel for £4 each
Between Nottingham and Manchester Piccadilly, 3 travel for £11.40 each and 4 travel for £8.55 each

3 can travel in total for £20.30 each
4 can travel in total for £16.15 each

Can I buy these tickets at Leicester Station and as near as Friday?!?

Understandably, the metrolink ticket will probably have to be bought in Manc.

Can I buy these tickets at Leicester Station and as near as Friday?!?

Understandably, the metrolink ticket will probably have to be bought in Manc.

Yes, the CDR tickets are available on the day. However, please read on from my posts as the metrolink isn't running between Manchester Pic and Manchester Vic, so you would have to bus it or walk. Alternitavely, Jeff and Boc both posted some bus information from Manchester to Oldham's ground. (Post #11 onwards)

So, I have worked £20.40. If you do Group Save's for 3 of ya and a bus from Manc to Oldham.

This means leaving for 8.32 however and getting back at 22.00

To get from Leicester to Manchester and back (via Nottingham) it would cost £16.70 each. I haven't looked at the buses, so as long as it's £3.70, then yes £20.40 would be correct.

The problem going is you have to change twice from Nottingham to get to Manchester, due to engineering works. However this doesn't add that much time to the journey.

You could leave Leicester at 8.56am, and be in Manchester for 12noon.

Coming back, you are correct with getting back for 10pm. The train from Manchester to Nottingham is however direct, so fewer changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570