Oldham - 18th Oct 08 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just spoke to Metrolink. The chap I spoke to says the walk between the 2 stations is no more than 15 minutes . As you leave Manchester Piccadilly, you will need to bare right and walk down the ramp. Keep walking and you will come to Piccadilly Gardens, keep walking straight to join Market Street. At this point you can follow the tracks which will lead you to Victoria, or trams will be running from this point (Outside Debenhams) if you want to jump on.

I have just spoke to Metrolink. The chap I spoke to says the walk between the 2 stations is no more than 15 minutes . As you leave Manchester Piccadilly, you will need to bare right and walk down the ramp. Keep walking and you will come to Piccadilly Gardens, keep walking straight to join Market Street. At this point you can follow the tracks which will lead you to Victoria, or trams will be running from this point (Outside Debenhams) if you want to jump on.

Or alternatively catch a bus from one of the adjacent stops that will take you to a stop which is far nearer the stadium than Werneth station and at a lower cost. What's the point of an extra change?

You didn't need to speak to them, you could have just clicked on the link I posted a few days ago.

It's still far quicker to get the bus than it is to use the tram and train from Piccadilly to Oldham.

Going on Hazz's figures, the bus was more expensive. Based on that, and with me not being overly sure of the route etc I thought i'd post some clearer instructions so people had the choice.

Or alternatively catch a bus from one of the adjacent stops that will take you to a stop which is far nearer the stadium than Werneth station and at a lower cost. What's the point of an extra change?

Looking at the bus time tables, and how long it takes on the bus, there is very little in it. As for the cost, I cannot find the cost on the traveline website, nor anywhere else.

Can you confirm the bus is less than £2.40 return ?

I like Jim.

Thank you for your email. We have 20 names on the list now and it looks
very unlikely we will get enough names to run another coach although we
will give it until lunchtime today before we decide what to do.
You will be able to return your tickets no later than 5pm tomorrow
afternoon but I will try to get another coach going if I can.

There are now less than 200 tickets available for this fixture. I doubt these will make the turnstiles for Saturday, so I would get in quick if you want to be there.

Won't you be able to go in the Oldham seats,if they are only getting gates of 5000 won't there be plenty of space ?

Won't you be able to go in the Oldham seats,if they are only getting gates of 5000 won't there be plenty of space ?

Oldham are stating that they only have 'limted' tickets left in their Main stand (lower) and the smaller section of the shared end.

Aside from this, away fans are not meant to be in areas designated for home fans :icon_wink

Last edited:
Oldham are stating that they only have 'limted' tickets left in their Main stand (lower) and the smaller section of the shared end.

Aside from this, away fans are not meant to be in areas designated for home fans :icon_wink

Yeah I know but they mean they don't want the Hard Bastards in their end not some of the fairies we get on here.

Edit: :icon_redf - Amended!

Last edited by a moderator:

It's a bit more than "not meant to": it's illegal.

That's misleading on its own. They go on to say that there is also pay-on-the-gate at the Chadderton Road end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566