our 'fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
fcukcov said:
according to this guy on the moan in at the mo. We lost because CL sat on the bench for the first 40 minutes without moving.

I thought we drew....

Levein said: "Yes, it was vital we did not lose against Crewe and the response of the fans to the way we battled back was very encouraging. Most of them appreciate what we are trying to do and where we are trying to go and they backed us brilliantly."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: Leicester (home) fans being praised for getting behind the team!!! He must be making it up :icon_lol:

highland fox said:
I thought we drew....
yeh so did I. But that is what he said. I think, reception is a bit crap on radio leics where I am.

Another guy thinks we are heading for a 'Pleat' era and will end up playing Oxford soon. He says give CL a little while and they says Id give him till after the Millwall game.

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
yeh so did I. But that is what he said. I think, reception is a bit crap on radio leics where I am.

Another guy thinks we are heading for a 'Pleat' era and will end up playing Oxford soon. He says give CL a little while and they says Id give him till after the Millwall game.

I've never listened to this 'Phone In' but does anybody ever phone in with something positive to say or is it all doom and gloom,week in week out ?

Another 6-0 hammering for Fort William at the weekend by the way fcuk

Last edited:
highland fox said:
I've never listened to this 'Phone In' but does anybody ever phone in with something positive to say or is it all doom and gloom,week in week out ?
nope pretty much the later.:icon_roll

sheff u fan on now. Who also supports leics.

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
nope pretty much the later.:icon_roll

Hardy surprising though I'd imagine those 2 shithouses who commentate for RL make sure no positive callers get through:icon_roll :102:

highland fox said:
Hardy surprising though I'd imagine those 2 shithouses who commentate for RL make sure no positive callers get through:icon_roll :102:
apparantly, 'it didnt help when we went into administration and sold Lennon Izzet and Dickov.'

Hmmmm didnt they all leave outside the admin time?:icon_roll

to be fair they have the odd alright one. this last one isnt bad

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
Id give him till after the Millwall game.
That boxing day game is massive for us....if they feck us over it's trouble at mill my friends...

MKFox said:
That boxing day game is massive for us....if they feck us over it's trouble at mill my friends...

It's true...no matter what progress we have made recently and how good we look, if we lose (or even draw) that one I can see CL in real trouble during January. And as we know, Boxing Day games are somewhat 'unpredictable'.

It has to happen on Monday.

fcukcov said:

We are Pleatesque at the moment. :icon_conf :frown: :icon_sad: :( :icon_conf

Its probaly a big ' if '. But if we had 6 more points most people would be looking positive and thinking at the possibility of the play-offs. Its not that i'm trying to defend them but it is a fine line for what would be perceived as success or failure. The way we are at the minute CL could be 3 straight defeats from the sack, or 3 wins from being hailed an astute manager that is shaping our side into a competitive outfit. I hope its the latter of course.

Brauny Blue said:
Its probaly a big ' if '. But if we had 6 more points most people would be looking positive and thinking at the possibility of the play-offs. Its not that i'm trying to defend them but it is a fine line for what would be perceived as success or failure. The way we are at the minute CL could be 3 straight defeats from the sack, or 3 wins from being hailed an astute manager that is shaping our side into a competitive outfit. I hope its the latter of course.

I agree with your 3 game anology Brauny, but to be fair a lot of managers find themselves in the same boat, the problem is we have never looked like winning 3 on the bounce under Levein and I think that might be the reason that some fans are beginning to have doubts, at present do we honestly believe we are more capable of 3 straight wins or 3 straight defeats.

Fustratingly another 6 points and places up the table and we would be fairly satisifed with the season so far, but look it another way 5 or 6 points worse off and we really would be in deep shit. The xmas period will for me decide Levein's future, if we can do ok then I think he will survive and a couple of decent additions in the new year sales could see us kick on, however a couple more iffy results and I genuinely fear for him, are the board likely to sanction money being spent by a manager who isnt producing results.

It is a fine line between success and failure and now is the time for Levein to find that winning formula.

Steven said:
We are Pleatesque at the moment. :icon_conf :frown: :icon_sad: :( :icon_conf

So you think that the Football we are playing is to the same standard as it was under Pleat ?
I don't.

With a danger of sounding like CL, imo we have deserved a few more points than what we achieved from the last few games. The Stoke game was a bit harsh on us and Crewe couldn't have complained if we'd beat them on Saturday. This now puts a load of pressure on us for the Millwall game. Whenever you play at home to a side at the bottom nothing less than a win will appease the fans. Defeat here with an away match against Reading to follow could put CL in imminent danger.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree with your 3 game anology Brauny, but to be fair a lot of managers find themselves in the same boat, the problem is we have never looked like winning 3 on the bounce under Levein and I think that might be the reason that some fans are beginning to have doubts, at present do we honestly believe we are more capable of 3 straight wins or 3 straight defeats.

Fustratingly another 6 points and places up the table and we would be fairly satisifed with the season so far, but look it another way 5 or 6 points worse off and we really would be in deep shit. The xmas period will for me decide Levein's future, if we can do ok then I think he will survive and a couple of decent additions in the new year sales could see us kick on, however a couple more iffy results and I genuinely fear for him, are the board likely to sanction money being spent by a manager who isnt producing results.

It is a fine line between success and failure and now is the time for Levein to find that winning formula.

I think there will be a couple more 'iffy' results,not as many but a few more.No chance of getting to the Play Offs now though but also no chance of going down..IMO.

highland fox said:
So you think that the Football we are playing is to the same standard as it was under Pleat ?
I don't.

Results, effectiveness. :icon_conf :102: :102:

Steven said:
Results, effectiveness. :icon_conf :102: :102:

You said Pleatesque,I take that to mean in a Pleat style and IMO we play better football than the Pleat side did.

Last edited:
Same old same old, If we win against Reading on Sat, which we have a chance with then people will be hailing CL again!

Who can honestly say we look worse than last season?
Who can honestly say we look worse than 10 games ago?

We are heading in the right direction and thats what matters. Instead of taking giant strides like some fans expect we are taking baby steps, but we are still going in the right direction!!

I think we have a younger and more offensive team then last year, maybe we like a killer finish now and again and maybe we miss a leader in the middle of the park? Its not the end of the world!

All this give CL 3 more games and we havent progressed is a load of rubbish! Anybody who goes to a game can see that we are looking better and the results WILL come if we carry on playing this way!!!!!

For me this year was a building year and i was happy with mid table. I might have dreamt about creeping in the play offs, but thats what they were dreams. Next season is when i expect us to be play off challengers, when the squad has been together for a year!! So can we stop this depressing attitude, admittedly we should have beat Crewe but we didnt, its football!!!!:icon_redf :icon_razz :icon_redf

Willlow said:
Same old same old, If we win against Reading on Sat, which we have a chance with then people will be hailing CL again!

We are heading in the right direction and thats what matters. Instead of taking giant strides like some fans expect we are taking baby steps, but we are still going in the right direction!!

I think we have a younger and more offensive team then last year, maybe we like a killer finish now and again and maybe we miss a leader in the middle of the park? Its not the end of the world!

All this give CL 3 more games and we havent progressed is a load of rubbish! Anybody who goes to a game can see that we are looking better and the results WILL come if we carry on playing this way!!!!!

For me this year was a building year and i was happy with mid table. I might have dreamt about creeping in the play offs, but thats what they were dreams. Next season is when i expect us to be play off challengers, when the squad has been together for a year!! So can we stop this depressing attitude, admittedly we should have beat Crewe but we didnt, its football!!!!:icon_redf :icon_razz :icon_redf

Fairly good points but we are playing Millwall Monday (boxing day) and Reading Weds (away) and Norwich at home a week on sat (new years eve).

Willlow said:

Willow, I aint saying give him 3 more games, what I am trying to say is that due to the inconsistency in results and our inability to mount a straight run of victories or a sustained run of unbeaten games we are always in danger of being dragged into a relegation dogfight, this in itself creates apprehension and nervousness amongst supporters.

I have stated in previous posts that in terms of the way we are playing and that the squad we are building is progression, and I have never expected promotion or the play offs this season, I too was happy to settle for mid table and the satisfaction of seeing a team being assembled to mount a serious promotion challenge in the 2006 / 07 season, however I am concerned by our ability to win matches under Levein and with us now halfway through the league campaign our record of 5 victories is hardly inspiring nor does it breed confidence.

In the cold light of day, football is about results, not what might have beens, hard luck stories or winning lots of friends because of our style, Levein has given us decent football and a squad packed with potential, now he must deliver results and start to prove he is the manager to take this club and squad of players onto the next level, and by that I mean a team capable of challenging NEXT season. At present we look a long way off that, not in ability but in mentality and belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669