Our owners, NP and his staff plus the players of LCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think fans are getting carried away thinking that he will be in sudden demand. The teams that will soon be looking (Newcastle, QPR etc) will either want someone more experienced at a top level or be less attractive than us.

I was at best a doubter in his ability to change things.

By **** I'm stupid.

I doubt whether there are many clubs that would have a thread like this. There are many clubs where the fans feel affection for the managers and some of the players. There are few clubs where the owners are held in affection. How must Newcastle and Cardiff fans envy us.

This is a club where everyone seems to be on the same page. It is difficult to imagine an Elsom -Pierrepoint situation with Susan Whelan banning Vichai and Nigel from writing in the programme.

There is always a danger of Nigel moving on. However, the very big clubs tend to like managers with Champions League experience and who have won things. Nigel has had experience of working in a bad atmosphere with Lee Hoos and may well appreciate being part of a well run club with supportive owners. He also has had the experience of clearing out another manager's clutter.

Of course Nigel may also have a lady at home who will firmly tell him things like "We are not leaving Sheffield to go to this Bayern place . Have you tasted the food in Germany and they probably don't have bingo in Munich."

I still think fans are getting carried away thinking that he will be in sudden demand. The teams that will soon be looking (Newcastle, QPR etc) will either want someone more experienced at a top level or be less attractive than us.

Think I agree

I doubt whether there are many clubs that would have a thread like this. There are many clubs where the fans feel affection for the managers and some of the players. There are few clubs where the owners are held in affection. How must Newcastle and Cardiff fans envy us.

This is a club where everyone seems to be on the same page. It is difficult to imagine an Elsom -Pierrepoint situation with Susan Whelan banning Vichai and Nigel from writing in the programme.

There is always a danger of Nigel moving on. However, the very big clubs tend to like managers with Champions League experience and who have won things. Nigel has had experience of working in a bad atmosphere with Lee Hoos and may well appreciate being part of a well run club with supportive owners. He also has had the experience of clearing out another manager's clutter.

Of course Nigel may also have a lady at home who will firmly tell him things like "We are not leaving Sheffield to go to this Bayern place . Have you tasted the food in Germany and they probably don't have bingo in Munich."
I'm very sorry to inform you that they do actually have bingo in Munich

A large portion of our fans would genuinely prefer to have something to bitch about.I can't speak for Newcastle fans as I've never really understood the Northern psyche.

I was always a Pearson fan. I have said to many of my friends (Ok.. my two friends) that I firmly believe had Pearson stayed as our manager and not gone on the merry-go-round to Hull and back, we would have been a Premier League side sooner.

I don't quite know why, but I love how boring and blunt he is. There is something rather brilliant about it all.

I was always a Pearson fan. I have said to many of my friends (Ok.. my two friends) that I firmly believe had Pearson stayed as our manager and not gone on the merry-go-round to Hull and back, we would have been a Premier League side sooner.

I don't quite know why, but I love how boring and blunt he is. There is something rather brilliant about it all.

Yeah right :icon_lol:

We'd have been home to Chelsea if PeeStain hadn't rested Cambiasso and Waghorn in the League Cup.

Get him out.

Excellent post.

I am not going to be daft enough to compare Nigel with Sir Alf's achievements but there is the same emphasis on the team - leaving out arguably the best goalscorer in England's history Jimmy Greaves in favour of Geoff Hurst who contributed more to the team.. Above all there is the dryness. After winning the World Cup Gordon Banks said "See you boss" and Alf replied "Will you Gordon?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669