Overrated Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highlander - do you like radiohead?

highland fox said:
75% of their stuff,not over keen on the Kid A era.

Kid A is 2nd fave of theirs - OK comp is best though, very depressing. Kid A takes a while to get into.

highland fox said:
My favourite is The Bends.

So is my girlfriends, it is the most accessible radiohead album I suppose.

Green Day, awful awful U2 wannabees

drummindefender said:
i can't really see any similarites between Green Day and U2 :confused:

Both started out claiming they were punk rock and have ended up as middle of the road sing-a-long stadium rock unit shifters - hope that helps :icon_wink

The Fall. Supposed to be the inspiration for many "Madchester" bands. Absolute Shite, Mark E Smith is nothing but a wasted pikey, smashed out his box, sounding like a drunk Uncle at a wedding party who has grabbed the DJ's mic whilst he is off taking a piss.

Melton Fox said:
The Fall. Supposed to be the inspiration for many "Madchester" bands. Absolute Shite, Mark E Smith is nothing but a wasted pikey, smashed out his box, sounding like a drunk Uncle at a wedding party who has grabbed the DJ's mic whilst he is off taking a piss.

Is this Pro or Anti The Fall?

You've just listed the good points.......:icon_wink

Melton Fox said:

Melton-ah! you're wrong-ah!

I wouldn't say the Fall were shite, maybe a love or hate type of band.

As for Green Day being U2 wannabes, this is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard, really concerned about that one.

Joe_Fox said:
I wouldn't say the Fall were shite, maybe a love or hate type of band.

As for Green Day being U2 wannabes, this is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard, really concerned about that one.

I agree with Joe (that felt strange :icon_wink ) I do think Greenday are anything like U2. Greenday realised American Idiot as a protest against Bush and the war in Iraq. U2 probably got Bono to go and have a drink with him and gain more media exposure! Also they sold out by advertising Ipods!

Willlow said:
I agree with Joe (that felt strange :icon_wink ) I do think Greenday are anything like U2. Greenday realised American Idiot as a protest against Bush and the war in Iraq. U2 probably got Bono to go and have a drink with him and gain more media exposure! Also they sold out by advertising Ipods!

Thats the only thing I like about them ;)

DurhamFox said:
Thats the only thing I like about them ;)

You and your obsession for Ipods! :icon_bigg

Unfortunately for U2 they lost a lot of fans who thought they had sold out as well as gaining a lot of stick from the music industry! but im sure that the fact you like them because of it has more than made up for it :icon_razz :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669