Patrick van Aanholt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy day - Champions league starts - better than what we have.
Onwards and, indeed, upwards.

Goooood, better option at left back than Mee. Think he played against us last season for Newcastle, whoever it was they got forward a lot in a kind of Naughton style.

Last edited:
I wonder whether Bruno will look for a move away again - does not say much for Sven's confidence in him

I wonder whether Bruno will look for a move away again - does not say much for Sven's confidence in him

Love Berner to bits, but I lose confidence in him as well when he is up against a pacier opponent. His football brain only helps him out some of the time.

My mate who happens to be a Cov fan reckons that Van is good going forward but Shite at defending.

Any Thoughts?

My mate who happens to be a Cov fan reckons that Van is good going forward but Shite at defending.

Any Thoughts?

Yeah. I don't think you should have mates who are Cov fans.

Lol, Gotta be better than supporting Forest or Derby though!
Nope. Much, much, much worse.

Sheep - irrelevant.
Trees - slightly more relevant, but not really.
Chavs - dirty, fourteen-fingered, council hovel-dwelling shit-eaters.

Nope. Much, much, much worse.

Sheep - irrelevant.
Trees - slightly more relevant, but not really.
Chavs - dirty, fourteen-fingered, council hovel-dwelling shit-eaters.

Completely agree. Especially about the shit eating.

Last edited:

Any Thoughts?

A wild generalisation: experience is less important in attacking than defending - please note I say "less important" not "of no importance."

My point is that at 20 with league games behind him is likely to read the game better and be more "battle hardened" than he was aged 19 at Coventry. One of the most important talents for any young footballer or (youngster generally) is the ability to listen. Hopefully he will have learned a lot at Coventry and Newcastle. For a young footballer a year can make a big difference.

Bruno has become my favourite player although Vassell, Bamba and perhaps The Yak may overtake him. However, Sven has shown that what he is looking for is pace and this may be his doubt over Berner.

If Sven is merely looking for cover for Berner then Mee would have been the obvious choice until last Saturday. I have every sympathy for a young man making his debut but Mee did look as if he had been brought in too soon. We do need another leftback either in the team or as cover.

A wild generalisation: experience is less important in attacking than defending - please note I say "less important" not "of no importance."

My point is that at 20 with league games behind him is likely to read the game better and be more "battle hardened" than he was aged 19 at Coventry. One of the most important talents for any young footballer or (youngster generally) is the ability to listen. Hopefully he will have learned a lot at Coventry and Newcastle. For a young footballer a year can make a big difference.

Bruno has become my favourite player although Vassell, Bamba and perhaps The Yak may overtake him. However, Sven has shown that what he is looking for is pace and this may be his doubt over Berner.

If Sven is merely looking for cover for Berner then Mee would have been the obvious choice until last Saturday. I have every sympathy for a young man making his debut but Mee did look as if he had been brought in too soon. We do need another leftback either in the team or as cover.

Who could learn anything from a shit team like the inbreds???:icon_lol:

Night All (Yawn)

Don't quite understand David. You still haven't explained why that means experience is more important in defending that attacking. How is reading the game and being more "battle hardened" any less important as an attacker than a defender?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669