Pearson Move Delayed Til Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a very frustrating process. I for one will be relieved to see it finished.

Who do you think won? the mummies or the lady boys?

When it comes to sport, we're all winners.

By way of comparison when Sven was sacked we were 13th, played 13, won 5, drawn 4, lost 4, scored 15, conceeded 14.
At the same point in 09 (under Pearson) we were 10th, played 13, won 5, drawn 6, lost 2, scored 15, conceeded 11

Last edited:
By way of comparison when Sven was sacked we were 13th, played 13, won 5, drawn 4, lost 4, scored 15, conceeded 14.
At the same point in 09 (under Pearson) we were 10th, played 13, won 5, drawn 6, lost 2, scored 15, conceeded 11

I wonder where we would have been in 09 had Pearson been given £10million+

I am unsure but I think I am excited about the prospect of Pearson being back. He always seemed very interested in the future of the club. And I really do buy into how much emphasis he (reportedly) puts on sports science.

I am unsure but I think I am excited about the prospect of Pearson being back. He always seemed very interested in the future of the club. And I really do buy into how much emphasis he (reportedly) puts on sports science.

He also did a degree in the science of printing advertiser logos on cheap replica sports jerseys, so I'm hoping to see some improvement in that department

Last edited:
From a local Hull paper ...

http://www.thisishullandeastriding....igel-Pearson/story-13843382-detail/story.html

WARREN Joyce is set to be named the new manager of Hull City in the next 48 hours after an agreement was finally struck for Nigel Pearson to join Leicester.

After a week of protracted talks between City and the Foxes, Pearson's wish to return to the East Midlands has been granted by Tigers' owner Assem Allam.
​
That deal looks set to be concluded either today or tomorrow, and City will be quick to fill the void after staging positive talks with Joyce.

The Tigers hope a move for the Manchester United reserve team coach can be agreed by Wednesday.

And providing there are no late hitches, Joyce will take charge of City's trip to Derby County this weekend.

The Mail understands the 46-year-old has been the first-choice candidate throughout a selection process led by head of football operations Adam Pearson.

It will be a popular appointment for the majority of supporters after he masterminded the club's "Great Escape" in 1998-99, and he is also expected to work closely with another favourite Nick Barmby, in a new-look management team.

Joyce's coaching pedigree has been enhanced significantly in the 11 years since he was dismissed as City boss in 2000.

A spell in charge of Royal Antwerp preceded three years as reserve team boss at Manchester United, where he worked closely with the Tigers' crop of Old Trafford graduates.

City hope the double-act of Joyce and Barmby will help keep their promising squad intact and maintain a push for the Championship play-offs.

It will be Joyce's first return to frontline management in England since his exit from Boothferry Park at the end of the 1999-2000 season, but he is thought to be hungry for a challenge.

The appointment of Joyce will come soon after Pearson finally ends his 16-month reign at the KC.

A week has passed since he declared an interest in returning to Leicester but he was left frustrated by the uncompromising stance adopted by the Allam family.

Pearson was initially refused permission to speak with Foxes until they stumped up in excess of £1m in compensation.

City relented over the weekend and are expected to net closer to the £700,000 settlement figure written into Pearson's contract.

The path is now clear for Pearson to return to Leicester and receive a bumper contract under the Foxes' Thai owners. Assistants Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh will also return to the East Midlands.

A home game with Crystal Palace this Sunday will see Pearson unveiled to Leicester supporters but he can expect a mixed reception when bringing the Foxes to the KC in 19 days' time.

Joyce's first assignment as City boss is likely to be Saturday's trip to Derby.

Barmby and first team coach Stuart Watkiss were due to take first-team training today, but Joyce will hope to be in situ by midweek ahead of the journey to Pride Park

That's old news SJN....

http://www.thisishullandeastriding....-Joyce-falls/story-13844363-detail/story.html

NICK Barmby is set to be appointed Hull City caretaker manager after a proposed move for Warren Joyce fell through.

Hull-born Barmby will fill the void left by outgoing boss Nigel Pearson as the final details of his move to Leicester City are agreed today.

It was widely expected that Joyce would take the KC Stadium hot-seat by the middle of this week after holding talks with the Tigers over the weekend.
But uncertain about leaving his role as Manchester United reserve team coach, the former boss will no longer be making a comeback.
Managerial duties will now fall to Barmby and he will be the man to take charge of City’s visit to Derby County this weekend.
The 37-year-old fans’ favourite will initially take charge on a caretaker basis but he also looks to be the favourite to be the long-term boss at the KC.
Barmby was part of Pearson’s backroom staff after first taking on a player-coach role in the summer of 2010.
He has overseen coaching duties in Pearson’s absence for the past week and he will be assisted in first-team duties by Stuart Watkiss.
Pearson’s exit to Leicester is set to be formally announced tomorrow morning.

Stringer isn't he only person who said an announcement was expected today. Also he even said on he moan in that by that time of the day that it wouldn't surprise him if we didnt hear anything today.People are too quick to criticise him sometimes

Last edited:
Stringer isn't he only person who said an announcement was expected today. Also he even said on he moan in that by that time of the day that it wouldn't surprise him if we didnt hear anything today.People are too quick to criticise him sometimes

Perhaps he should think a bit more before posting tripe.

He wasn't the only one to say there could have been an announcement today. Or claim it as an exclusive or a definite thing.

I know, but he's the one most frequently mentioned/posted about on here. He therefore is remembered more when he posts crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669