Pearson on Celtic shortlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is paper talk based on the fact that Nige hasn't put pen to paper. Given that if we make promotion via the play offs when he could get a better wage I wouldn't be mad keen to sign yet either. It'll come out in the wash

This is paper talk based on the fact that Nige hasn't put pen to paper. Given that if we make promotion via the play offs when he could get a better wage I wouldn't be mad keen to sign yet either. It'll come out in the wash

You honestly think his contract here wouldn't include that pay rise if we got promoted?

No chance of NP going there!! Why would he want to go and manage against the likes Hamilton Academicals, St Mirren and Falkirk, when potentially he will be a premiership manager within 12 months time ( hopefully with City ). Look at the standard of players that play in that league.

If he did go up north, I would certainly hope that he'd take Robbie Neilson with him !!!!

Not even slightly concerned about this story. End of the day Pearson is a very good manager and is bound to be linked with just about every vacant managers job that is going.

If they offered it...he'd take it.

On what basis do you think that ?

Celtic is a club currently in decline, falling attendances, they're in a financial predicament with no real money for new players, playing in a sub-standard league that cannot attract any real quality players as most will want to play in the Premiership for the higher wages. Only 4 games a season of any significance, a two horse race each year for the title and after you've won it, how far then can you take the club ??Plus Pearson would be on a hiding to nothing up there, as Mowbrays recently found out.

Based on all the above there is no way I can see NP leaving us for Celtic, because the potential with City is greater.

I don't think the Celtic job is a massive draw, but I also can't see them going for Nige.

I think Lennon will probably end up getting the job permanently if he does alright for now

Based on all the above there is no way I can see NP leaving us for Celtic, because the potential with City is greater.

That's a relief!

I'm reassured now you point out that he wouldn't want to be at a club "in a financial predicament with no real money for new players, playing in a sub-standard league that cannot attract any real quality players as most will want to play in the Premiership for the higher wages".

Whereas at Leicester........oh dear!

You think we'll be winning trophies a plenty in the next few years? You reckon we could be in the Champions league in the near future?

You think we'll be winning trophies a plenty in the next few years? You reckon we could be in the Champions league in the near future?

Would you say that winning the Clydesdale Cup really counts as a significant trophy ?! Even winning the SPL is no longer seen as any great achievement. In terms of the Champions League, Celtic only go through to the qualifying stages and struggle against teams from countries such as Hungary and Switzerland to get through to the actual proper rounds.

Both Owen Coyle and Roberto Martinez turned it down to either stay with or go to clubs that I would certinly class as smaller than City.

If we can get up through the play offs, the on and off field rewards would be alot greater for Pearson than going to Celtic.

Let's create a new thread by merging this 'Celtic' one with the 'Pathe Archive Footage' thread and call it 'Pathetic'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669