Pearson Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would all like to see us stay up this season and the players will do their best to make this happen. However, I doubt if anyone would wager money on our survival.The club should be preparing to enter the Championship in as strong a position as possible This involves having a good management team. Until two months ago everybody agreed we had a good management team - they have not suddenly become bad.

With hindsight we should have spent more money during the close season; but hindsight is infallible. Hopefully the owners and the manager will have learned that and other lessons.

After ten years out of the PL we seem to be going down without a whimper. When other promoted teams have some spirit and gumption, and they're better organised. We'll be lucky to get another ten points, I hope I'm proved wrong.

Last edited:
Just an odd point.....

Is it a problem that we are not getting thrashed 4-0, but just not quite good enough and losing 2-0?

If we were getting slaughtered every week by several goals I think something serious (management sacking, big changes) would have happened. The fact that even against top sides we are losing by the odd goal or two (most of the Prem have had bigger defeats than Leicester) seems that we are not quite right yet but we don't need much to turn it around.

Just an odd point.....

Is it a problem that we are not getting thrashed 4-0, but just not quite good enough and losing 2-0?

If we were getting slaughtered every week by several goals I think something serious (management sacking, big changes) would have happened. The fact that even against top sides we are losing by the odd goal or two (most of the Prem have had bigger defeats than Leicester) seems that we are not quite right yet but we don't need much to turn it around.

Yes I agree but that fact almost makes our plight worse.

If we were getting slaughtered week in, week out it would be easy to criticise NP but the way we are losing games makes it almost worse.

Perhaps the "just not quite good enough" is a metaphore for LCFC in general and some fans are royally pissed off with this tag.

Perhaps exasperated further by knowing we had more than "a few quid" available to spend pre-season?

It's just so ****ing disappointing and frustrating after ten years out of the top flight to face at least another one next season when this season promised and delivered (for five games) so much.

Yes I agree but that fact almost makes our plight worse.

If we were getting slaughtered week in, week out it would be easy to criticise NP but the way we are losing games makes it almost worse.

Perhaps the "just not quite good enough" is a metaphore for LCFC in general and some fans are royally pissed off with this tag.

Perhaps exasperated further by knowing we had more than "a few quid" available to spend pre-season?

It's just so ****ing disappointing and frustrating after ten years out of the top flight to face at least another one next season when this season promised and delivered (for five games) so much.

We look like a championship team playing championship football.

There is no doubt, both the management team and the players are no more than Championship standard, having given long contracts to average Championship players rather than buying Premiership quality. That is the reason Nigel needs to go because come the transfer window he will only buy more of the same, however it is now too late to make the change so my friends be prepared for life back in the Championship next season. Oh and if you suffer like me keep well away from any Derby and Forest fans you might know !!

There is no doubt, both the management team and the players are no more than Championship standard, having given long contracts to average Championship players rather than buying Premiership quality. That is the reason Nigel needs to go because come the transfer window he will only buy more of the same, however it is now too late to make the change so my friends be prepared for life back in the Championship next season. Oh and if you suffer like me keep well away from any Derby and Forest fans you might know !!

I don't suffer anyone because, when all's said and done it's just football and anyone who takes it more seriously or lets it affect their mood once they leave the ground is alien to me. I don't get it.

I would say at least a third of the premier league are championship standard. We are not far off being able to survive, the question is who do we trust to strengthen us in January?

I don't suffer anyone because, when all's said and done it's just football and anyone who takes it more seriously or lets it affect their mood once they leave the ground is alien to me. I don't get it.

Same for me too and I live somewhere with a lot of Forest fans. We talk about Forest and Leicester a lot, but that's all it is, a chat about football.

Agreed. When I was younger I used to let it get to me more, but now I'm actually in the real world, working, in a relationship and with an ill mother, I realised how football shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's just entertainment at the end of the day, there's much more important things to come home to. I hate that Bill Shankly quote.

One of the things that attracted me to football is that it becomes the most important thing in the world for 90 minutes and then, life goes on whether we win, draw or lose: however, I do worry that the Leicester fan base has got too laid back. Whether he loses his job, or not, Nigel Pearson, the management team, the players and the owners should feel the fans on their backs when we are in such an appalling position. I think that they are getting too easy a ride.

One of the things that attracted me to football is that it becomes the most important thing in the world for 90 minutes and then, life goes on whether we win, draw or lose: however, I do worry that the Leicester fan base has got too laid back. Whether he loses his job, or not, Nigel Pearson, the management team, the players and the owners should feel the fans on their backs when we are in such an appalling position. I think that they are getting too easy a ride.
Are you suggesting a Sheffield United moment?

Martin never forgave the fans for that but it certainly helped give us several years to remember afterwards!

I'm not entirely convinced it was responsible for anything that came after it, other than a managers tainted view of the Leicester support base.

Massive bank account of good will for Pearson because of the amazing last season.

A shocking lack of meaningful deals last summer - which some of us recognised at the time; followed by a fantastic start to the season which appeared to back up the club's approach of rewarding Championship standard players....and then the reality appeared.

I think the good will and the shock of how poor we are in Premier League terms has largely numbed the supporters. However, this will all be surely followed by resentment unless things drastically improve very quickly.

The next couple of games perhaps represent a chance to keep the fans on side.....but we are not good enough to stay up. I think we try hard...but ultimately opponents know we are there for the taking without breaking much sweat.

Massive bank account of good will for Pearson because of the amazing last season.

A shocking lack of meaningful deals last summer - which some of us recognised at the time; followed by a fantastic start to the season which appeared to back up the club's approach of rewarding Championship standard players....and then the reality appeared.

I think the good will and the shock of how poor we are in Premier League terms has largely numbed the supporters. However, this will all be surely followed by resentment unless things drastically improve very quickly.

The next couple of games perhaps represent a chance to keep the fans on side.....but we are not good enough to stay up. I think we try hard...but ultimately opponents know we are there for the taking without breaking much sweat.

I am not sure that I agree that resentment is/will build. He got away with a similarly appalling run in the Championship a couple of years back, didn't he? I suspect that the cultural gap between the polite, fall on your sword attitude of our owners and the bluff Pearson has the board a little flummoxed and that the fans also buy into the "Nigel knows best" line.

It could be a nervous reaction, but NP was grinning after Saturday's game and joking about being on the touchline as a snub to the FA. He seems comfortable and, has time to play games with the governing body, rather than being 100% concerned about the team's fate (I am not suggesting that he wants to go down, just that it wouldn't be his fault).

I don't need to give the warning about my bias (he says trying to subtly admit to same) but, it appears to me that Nigel Pearson IS bigger than the club.

I'm not entirely convinced it was responsible for anything that came after it, other than a managers tainted view of the Leicester support base.

Tainted? I don't think anybody can truly know MON's opinion of those involved but whatever it was, it's hard to think that it wasn't fully justified. In the same way NP will have come to understand the kind of support he can expect. **** knows why any manager would want to get involved with any club with a large proportion of 'sing when you're winning fans' who don't seem to know how to be supporters.

Last edited:

Can you point me to your posts where you recognised it at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669