Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Apple's maps decision is going to destabilise the company. Nicking Samsung's technology however, is a different matter.

It has opened a door that didn't need to be opened, pissed of plenty of loyal apple fans and opened them up to moving platform, it was a stupid decision based on the fact they had another year on the google contract to develop a decent app.

Yet Arsenal still managed the top 4.

Face it Redknapp at Spurs has won as many trophies as Alex McLeish at Brum.

And both have won more than Wenger in the same time. You're just putting spin on it. He's a better manager than Pearson. That said I don't think Parson deserves to be sacked. I just think there's nothing wrong with a company looking to better itself if the opportunity arises.

For the record, Redknapp would be an awful choice for us.

I agree.

It always makes me smile when I hear people say that O'Neill was to blame for a lot of our later problems. If they think O'Neill was wrong what on earth would they make of Redknapp and his 'activities'.

Anyway, I would hope and expect that Nigel is given plenty of backing on Saturday from the crowd.

And both have won more than Wenger in the same time. You're just putting spin on it. He's a better manager than Pearson. That said I don't think Parson deserves to be sacked. I just think there's nothing wrong with a company looking to better itself if the opportunity arises.

I just happen to think Redknapp is an over-rated manager. For a club who've spent in the same region of Man U and Arsenal, a League cup winner and 1 Champions League campaign is very average. Tactically on the big occasion, he is left floundering.

To add his use of 'favourites' is possibly worst than Pearson.

Last edited:
And his man-management. If you ain't a cockney, you ain't got a chance with The Churchill Dog.

I just happen to think Redknapp is an over-rated manager. For a club who've spent in the same region of Man U and Arsenal, a League cup winner and 1 Champions League campaign is very average. Tactically on the big occasion, he is left floundering.

To add his use of 'favourites' is possibly worst than Pearson.

Who are the players that Spurs bought with Redknapp that put them in the same spending bracket as Man Utd?

With the money he spent at Spurs he did OK. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't like Daniel Levy at all, but in terms of running a football club he's a smart cookie. He seems to have sussed out that 'Arry is all piss and wind.

The fact that you've made this statement shows how far apart we are in terms of what success is.

The bloke took Spurs from bottom of the EPL to the knockout stages of the CL. To me thats success. Money or no money.

Liverpool have spent money but because of CRAP management they haven't been anywhere near the CL. He's given a budget by his boss and he spends it... any finance comes down to the board and the chairman not Harry Redknapp. Pompey's situation is entirely the owners fault.

How many trophies has David Moyes won at Everton? Yet he's probably the best manager in the EPL.

I don't want Harry Redknapp to take over but for gods sake don't call him a crap manager.

And his man-management. If you ain't a cockney, you ain't got a chance with The Churchill Dog.

No offence but that is a ridiculous argument. How did the likes of Bale, Modric, Sandro, Kyle Walker, Adebayor and all the others I could mention waltz into his teams week in week out?

The fact that you've made this statement shows how far apart we are in terms of what success is.

The bloke took Spurs from bottom of the EPL to the knockout stages of the CL. To me thats success. Money or no money.

Liverpool have spent money but because of CRAP management they haven't been anywhere near the CL. He's given a budget by his boss and he spends it... any finance comes down to the board and the chairman not Harry Redknapp. Pompey's situation is entirely the owners fault.

How many trophies has David Moyes won at Everton? Yet he's probably the best manager in the EPL.

I don't want Harry Redknapp to take over but for gods sake don't call him a crap manager.

He's not crap, no-one has said he is. Just that he's no better than what we have.

No offence but that is a ridiculous argument. How did the likes of Bale, Modric, Sandro, Kyle Walker, Adebayor and all the others I could mention waltz into his teams week in week out?

because he's a wheeler dealer

He's not crap, no-one has said he is. Just that he's no better than what we have.

I'm sorry but he is. How can anyone even claim that Pearson is on the same level as Redknapp? If he were he'd be managing in the Premier League by now. Pearson is an up and coming manager, that is it so far. He may go on to win things, but I personally don't think he will get much further than the likes of Warnock in his managerial career.

To be fair there are probably sound biz reasons for it and damaging the product short-term to benefit long-term is a viable strategy. It could also be stupid.

Exactly......people don't queue up for hours outside Carphone Warehouse because of the map function. Apple could afford to have a lot more flaws with its products because it is seen to be cool and therefore people want it. Apple used to be a company that focused on creating products for creatives but they've ditched that now and risk losing that market now to competitors such as Samsung who have much better smart phones and tablets for those customers. I won't be getting an iPhone when my next upgrade comes up but it's not down to the map service. It's a gimmicky phone now that doesn't do what I need it to do adequately enough.

To be fair there are probably sound biz reasons for it and damaging the product short-term to benefit long-term is a viable strategy. It could also be stupid.

In the long term they deny google lots of search data, which is currency in their business, but the long term loss of reputation will not be easy to overcome, since Jobs left Apple has made some staggeringly bad decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669