Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha Lee Hoos just said to stringy he had a better relationship with him than he did.

Although it may well have been just a light hearted comment, it does show that NP was a difficult person to get on with. In the last few months he fell out with Radio leicester over Stringer doing his job, even if he did find him an annoying little prick, there was no need to ban stringer from doing interviews. Maybe Pearson is a great big hairy diva but hides it very well from the public!

It's just been said on the radio that Chris Powell will be "caretaker manager" until a new man is appointed.

NP did a good job in difficult circumstances. However, as with several other managers over the years, his reputation will be tainted by the method of his departure.

I don't expect that he will explain why he quit. Mandy seems very smart at imposing gagging orders on current/previous managers to stop them from talking to the media. In addition, NP was never one to explain himself anyway.

I note that Chris Powell is in charge at the moment. To me, that's a sound situation. I'd like to see him stay there until such time as we know what Mandy's intentions for the future are.

Mandy seems very smart at imposing gagging orders on current/previous managers to stop them from talking to the media.
Don't know where you got that from. The only one I can remember was Allen, and as Milan said (and everyone else has since acknowledged) it was more for Allen's benefit than anyone else's, or he'd never have got another manager's job again.

No brainer this one - its just that there are lots of people who are wishful thinkers and therefore don't read situations .

It's simple:

1. We fail in play-offs so its back to another season of financial loss.

2. Milan isn't prepared to stand any more losses on the scale of recent seasons.

3. Pearson understandably wants reassurances about the structure of the coaching/ playing side and a kitty to strengthen the squad.

4. Milan can't give those assurances.

5. Pearson jumps ship at the first opportunity.

No one is to blame - it's just the way of the (football) world.

No brainer this one - its just that there are lots of people who are wishful thinkers and therefore don't read situations .

It's simple:

1. We fail in play-offs so its back to another season of financial loss.

2. Milan isn't prepared to stand any more losses on the scale of recent seasons.

3. Pearson understandably wants reassurances about the structure of the coaching/ playing side and a kitty to strengthen the squad.

4. Milan can't give those assurances.

5. Pearson jumps ship at the first opportunity.

No one is to blame - it's just the way of the (football) world.

Very well put!

Absolutely **** all, it's that "he was a good player, so he must be a good manager attitude."

Yes, because Di Stefano, Puskas and Platini were all great managers...

Heard a bit of the Hoos interview on RL and he was saying that he had no idea why Pearson left. Surely if you look around and can't see the problem...

Heard a bit of the Hoos interview on RL and he was saying that he had no idea why Pearson left. Surely if you look around and can't see the problem...

Yes - well Hoos clearly sees his job is about cutting the costs rather than spreading some light for the benefit of the customers.

As I have said before, I don't blame Milan for not splashing the cash anymore and as far as I'm aware no one else is particularly keen at this moment to throw their money at LCFC, but nonetheless a bit of openness wouldn't go amiss.

I just personally think he may have the potential to be a good manager.
Admittedly he's not done a great deal managerially at the moment. NP wasn't exactly proven when we got him.
I saw a few names bounded about on another thread regarding younger, less experienced managers (Tisdale & O'Driscoll to name two). Gus falls in that bracket so why not?

I also don't buy into the attitude of "He was a good player, so he must be a good manager"
John Barnes, Bryan Robson........& Carlton Palmer off the top of my head.
Managerial filth.

What I would like to say is this...

Last year was fantastic, the best season of my life as a City fan. I couldn’t truly appreciate the MON years as much because I was quite young, but its more because of the awful decade of football that came before.

All because of a manager whose initial appointment, if I’m honest, left me very disappointed. How truly wrong I was.

And so it’s come to this. One of (personally) the most glum, bland, boring teams with no real attraction to a neutral like me, has stolen our manager.

Now despite the fact they had 2 years in the Premiership, I don’t see this as a step up, in fact it’s hardly even a step sideways on the two clubs current form. If we lost our manager then I would have expected him to go to a lowly Premiership team like Fulham or Wigan. Not Hull F.C ???

Basically the point of all this .... Nigel I’m not angry at you just really disappointed. I thought you were better than this. We know you have the charisma of a dung beetle but please can you at least give some sort of an interview with your reasons why you jumped ship?

Just as I was when you started your city career, I feel the same now that you have left. Let’s build on the foundations, appoint a decent replacement and move on to pastures greener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669