Pearson's on the Monday Mong Fest Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a waste of my time.

Right, I'm off to binge on Morrison's own brand cherry cider and cereal bars.

Last edited:
Re: Berner, I wonder if he is surprised Pearson hasn't given him another chance after that article he wrote brown nosing him when he came back

So was that it? One question about players coming in and out (shake it all about) and Berner going?

If Berner is off I imagine we'll be looking for cover at LB in January.

I think Nigel got it quite right when he said we have developed a soft underbelly.

There was a tendency at the start of the season to regard our squad as brilliant. Now I think that with a couple of exceptions we underate their ability. Some of our performances have been superb - Coventry, Derby and until the ref made a blunder Forest.

It is difficult to understand how the players who were superb against Coventry in the first game can be so different in some of the games since. To remind people we were down to ten men after a few minutes stopped Coventry creating chances and then when numbers were equal we ran the game. With a few minutes to go we played possession football in their half with a composure I had not seen for a long time. It demonstrated not only skill but strength of character.

Sven brought in players with pedigree but also experienced players who were battle hardened - no youngsters like Naughton or Cunningham. These are the players who as Nigel complained have developed that "soft underbelly".

I am glad that Nigel has understood the problem and feel that if he cannot solve the problem with the players he has got he will bring in those who can Early in Nigel's first incarnation we lost to Millwall in a League One game. Nigel said that Millwall had bullied us out of the game and that this was not a criticism of Millwall but of us. It never happened again.

It is difficult to understand how the players who were superb against Coventry in the first game can be so different in some of the games since.

Because it was against Coventry, who are by far the worst team in the league? :icon_wink

Last edited:
There was a tendency at the start of the season to regard our squad as brilliant. Now I think that with a couple of exceptions we underate their ability. Some of our performances have been superb - Coventry, Derby and until the ref made a blunder Forest.

It is difficult to understand how the players who were superb against Coventry in the first game can be so different in some of the games since. To remind people we were down to ten men after a few minutes stopped Coventry creating chances and then when numbers were equal we ran the game. With a few minutes to go we played possession football in their half with a composure I had not seen for a long time. It demonstrated not only skill but strength of character.

I'm struggling to think of a football league club that wouldn't be likely to give Coventry a bad time.

In contrast to you I'm afraid that Sven either over-estimated the ability of almost all his signings excepting the goalkeeper and possibly the full backs - or wasn't too fussed about how much of other peoples' money he dished out.

About the only thing that we would agree on is your implication that Pearson will sort it out - I can't think of a much better antidote than NP to the lack of reality which bracketed Sven and Sousa.

Pearson gave a masterclass in saying nothing contentious on the radio. However, there were implications in his remarks. I can't see that he will put up with the dire performances much longer.

Pearson gave a masterclass in saying nothing contentious on the radio. However, there were implications in his remarks. I can't see that he will put up with the dire performances much longer.

I am not picking on you, but this is typical of several messages on this board and, by implication, Nigel Pearson's views in the Mercury interview. NP picked the team on Saturday. Wellens can't train regularly, Dyer couldn't pass water and Steve Howard needs a step ladder to get up for crosses at his advanced age.

The team at Doncaster was the worst selection for many years and, despite poor performances, Pearson has failed to give other players a match. He must take some of the responsibility, rather than simply blaming the eleven he chose.

I am not picking on you, but this is typical of several messages on this board and, by implication, Nigel Pearson's views in the Mercury interview. NP picked the team on Saturday. Wellens can't train regularly, Dyer couldn't pass water and Steve Howard needs a step ladder to get up for crosses at his advanced age.

The team at Doncaster was the worst selection for many years and, despite poor performances, Pearson has failed to give other players a match. He must take some of the responsibility, rather than simply blaming the eleven he chose.

The same Howard who created our only goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669