Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owners did an excellent job of managing my expectations by feeding a list of arseholes into the betting charts.

After Preki I'd have said yes to Martin Allen.
The owners and management have also proved very adept at keeping things quiet and deflecting attention to aid negotiation when dealing with high profile appointments. I'm thinking Cambiasso last year.

Maybe they identified their man long ago and all the 'noise' and wild goose chases are helping to get a really inspiring appointment (someone not even mentioned yet) over the line.

Maybe. ....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

MON will have been sounded out to gauge interest, quite possible informal talks have been held directly or via a third party and has clearly given an indication he would take it. Also the Irish FA are giving some encouragement that they would not stand in his way. Reckon he could be appointed before end of weekend.
They clearly didn't do that with Hiddink.

Evs on Ranieri, 3/2 MON

I'm tempted to launch a Crowd Funding page to raise £20k to slap on Pearson or An Ostrich just to see the odds drop and show what a farce it is as it's now quite apparent that the bookies know as much as Durham and Nottingham - sweet **** all!

I'm tempted to launch a Crowd Funding page to raise £20k to slap on Pearson or An Ostrich just to see the odds drop and show what a farce it is as it's now quite apparent that the bookies know as much as Durham and Nottingham - sweet **** all!
But that's been apparent since the beginning. Of bookies.

I've never suggested I know anything more than the fact Lennon has been in contact with the club about the vacant managers position. One might have suspected as first choice given the timing but that's probably not the case given the time delay since.

Not quite sweet **** all but not a great deal more granted.

Personally I think the Keane as Assistant story has been "leaked" to dampened the momentum that had built up for the return of MON. Have to be honest the O'Neill option is nowhere near as attractive when having to consider Keane joining as part of the back room.

Honestly think Ranieri will be appointed at some point today, hopefully working with the existing back room team. If that is the case then it would probably be the best choice.

Personally I think the Keane as Assistant story has been "leaked" to dampened the momentum that had built up for the return of MON. Have to be honest the O'Neill option is nowhere near as attractive when having to consider Keane joining as part of the back room.

Honestly think Ranieri will be appointed at some point today, hopefully working with the existing back room team. If that is the case then it would probably be the best choice.

Steve how dare you have an opinion. You know **** all like me and Durham :D

I've never suggested I know anything more than the fact Lennon has been in contact with the club about the vacant managers position. One might have suspected as first choice given the timing but that's probably not the case given the time delay since.

Not quite sweet **** all but not a great deal more granted.
not according to Lennon himself;

"Lennon also confirmed there had been no approach from his former Leicester City about the vacant managerial spot at the King Power Stadium.

“I’ve got nothing I can say, it’s speculation, and it’s easy linking me with the Leicester job being an ex-player,” he said."

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/..._Madine_debut_and_Leicester_City_speculation/

not according to Lennon himself;

"Lennon also confirmed there had been no approach from his former Leicester City about the vacant managerial spot at the King Power Stadium.

“I’ve got nothing I can say, it’s speculation, and it’s easy linking me with the Leicester job being an ex-player,” he said."

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/..._Madine_debut_and_Leicester_City_speculation/

He's unlikely to come out and say we approached him before agreeing terms with Bolton. Especially as he wants the job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670