Petition to save Western Park GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Mods feel free to move if this is in the wrong section.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would sign this petition to save Western Park Golf Club. It is a fantastic club, over 100 years old and the council is threatening to shut it down. It only takes a minute of your time.

Thanks in advance to those who take the time to sign this.

http://brad.epetitions.net/

Motown Fox

Signed with pleasure. My Dad was a member of Western Park for many years from the 60's & played in many competitions won trophys and played for the Club at other courses & it's where I myself played golf for the very first time as a teenager.

I've just heard they are thinking of closing Humberstone Heights as well, which is where my dad then went to play, as it was nearer to home, until he died and where his ashes were spread.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Signed with pleasure. My Dad was a member of Western Park for many years from the 60's & played in many competitions won trophys and played for the Club at other courses & it's where I myself played golf for the very first time as a teenager.

I've just heard they are thinking of closing Humberstone Heights as well, which is where my dad then went to play, as it was nearer to home, until he died and where his ashes were spread.

Yes, both Humberstone and Western Park are set to be closed. I haven't seen a petition circulating for Humberstone yet but I will add my name and post it here when I hear of one.

Lako42

So they want to close every single gold course under council stewardship?

Already closed the racecourse at Oadby.

Still, how exciting will it be when we get some more Tesco and Asda express stores....can't wait

SJN-Fox

Signed. I've played there myself when I lived in Leicester many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669