Pink

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

Everything on my Computer screen keeps going pink,anybody know why ? how to fix it ?Try and keep the wisecracks to a minimum eh thanks.

When I used to work in IT support the most common cause for this was a loose or faulty cable.
The picutre on the monitor screen is made up of three different colours, if one of those colours isn't getting through properly (due to a dodgy connection), it can give the screen a tint, such as pink.
So I'd make sure the cable is tightly screwed in, and if it is and is still causing problems I'd check it for loose or bent pins. If you have access to a different cable, try that instead.
Then if that doesn't work I'd try plugging a different monitor into the PC, and the monitor into a different PC, to determine if it's a fault in the monitor or in the graphics card.

When I used to work in IT support the most common cause for this was a loose or faulty cable.
The picutre on the monitor screen is made up of three different colours, if one of those colours isn't getting through properly (due to a dodgy connection), it can give the screen a tint, such as pink.
So I'd make sure the cable is tightly screwed in, and if it is and is still causing problems I'd check it for loose or bent pins. If you have access to a different cable, try that instead.
Then if that doesn't work I'd try plugging a different monitor into the PC, and the monitor into a different PC, to determine if it's a fault in the monitor or in the graphics card.

Will do that webbo thanks,like I say its not always and it can go a day without doing it then be off and on all day.

its the stepdaughters old Computer..Advent or something,one problem after the other with it

Do what Webbo is suggesting to determine the fault but I'm assuming youve made sure the cable is secured? and that its not been moved or unplugged recently to have bent the pins?

Do what Webbo is suggesting to determine the fault but I'm assuming youve made sure the cable is secured? and that its not been moved or unplugged recently to have bent the pins?

Dog sometimes sits on the Cable...fat get.

Will do that webbo thanks,like I say its not always and it can go a day without doing it then be off and on all day.

if its not been moved or taken to bits recently and the cable is secured I would think its most likely to be the monitors transitor on the blink.

Would that explain it being ok sometimes then ?

Could do, its unlikely your grafix card would flicker between being fine and then pink, possible but unlikely. If youve checked the cabling my money is on the monitor, one day soon it will stay pink. As Webbo said either the green or blue hue has gone/is going.

Could do, its unlikely your grafix card would flicker between being fine and then pink, possible but unlikely. If youve checked the cabling my money is on the monitor, one day soon it will stay pink. As Webbo said either the green or blue hue has gone/is going.

So I'll need a new one?

If thats problem yes, unless you like a pink screen? :icon_wink

You can pick up a 15 inch TFT screen very cheaply these days.

Very cheap meaning? Will I have to break into another five pound note:icon_sad:

Youll get 17 inches for under £100. I know youve paid a lot more than that for similar in the past :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669