Player ratings vs Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby Smith said:
but what will happen if he doesn't score for 8-9 games? Will people start to boo him?

I don't see anyone booing connelly who still hasn't scored, it's because he is putting the effort in.

Pressman 6

Makin 4
Keown 7
Dabizas 6
Stewart 4

Scowcroft 6
Nalis 6
Williams 5
Wilcox 4

Dublin 4
Connolly 5

Subs:

Gemmill 4
Tiatto 6
Blake 1

Pressman 8.01

Makin 4.54
Keown 7.11
Dabizas 6.66
Stewart 4.75

Scowcroft 6.76
Nalis 7.86
Williams 6.13
Wilcox 5.76

Dublin 5.86
Connolly 6.63

Subs:

Gemmill 4.87
Tiatto 6.32
Blake 3.41

Pressman 7

Makin 4
Keown 7
Dabizas 6
Stewart 3

Scowcroft 6
Nalis 6
Williams 4.5
Wilcox 6

Dublin 5
Connolly 3

Subs:

Gemmill 4
Tiatto 4
Blake 2

Pressman 7

Makin 4
Keown 6
Dabizas 6
Stewart 1

Scowcroft 6
Nalis 6
Williams 4
Wilcox 5

Dublin 4
Connolly 2

Subs:

Gemmill 4
Tiatto 5
Blake 1

Bobby Smith said:
Wilson said:
Bobby did you see the excellent performance by Blake yesterday :roll: ? Were you one of those people who were booing Blake just before he came on and then decided to clap when he actually got on the pitch?
That's what is pathetic, im going down QPR on saturday and i'll boo Blake again if he even dares come on the pitch again.
The news of the world gave him a 5 in their ratings and gave tiatto a 4 :?: :?: :?:

No, I didn't boo him at all but I gave him 2 out of 10 which is utter crap. O.K I should have been farer and given a minority of the fans 0. All I am trying to say is that it gives the wrong message to the player, if I was Blake yesterday I would have stuck the ball in my own net (would he manage it?) and run up the pitch with my middle finger raised. I can't understand why MA would even consider Blake worthy of a place only he knows that, but booing a player in the City colours should never happen. I totally agree that Wright should be given a chance but what will happen if he doesn't score for 8-9 games? Will people start to boo him?

I really don't think the crowd were booing Blake as such, they were booing MA for bringing him on instead of Wright

Pressman - 6 - didn't have much to test him other than the ball that partially crossed the line from Dublin, can't really see why people are raving about his distribution, I see no difference to Walker other than his kicking is worse.

Makin - 6 - solid enough defensively but couldn't go forward to save his life and was lost when attacking.

Keown - 8 - MOTM, organised everything, caught them offside several times, shouted all the time and generally showed that age of some of our signings isn't the problem.

Dabizas - 6 - still grabs onto players too easily, thinks he's better than he is. He runs out of defense well but then hoofs it somewhere and has to hurry back.

Stewart - 5 - thought he was playing alright until the red card, not as well as Tuesday but still ok. Nice dipping shot on goal and occasionally looked dangerous when he cut infield, his first few set pieces weren't very good but they improved a lot, and I know it's not a popular opinion but I thought he looked pretty committed.

Scowcroft - 6 - couldn't have done any better with the shot in the first half as the ball was passed to behind him and he had to step back to poke it towards goal. Does not give the ball away, did not win as many headers as he should have but still contributed well.

Williams - 5 - better than the anonymous performance on Tuesday but still got a bit of a way to go, whether that's to do with his toe or not I don't know. Actually took a shot on goal rather than wobbling and passing it, which was good. Attempted to tackle players but hardly ever won the ball.

Nalis - 6 - usual committed performance but went a bit missing the second half, had to work down the wing sometimes when Wilcox went walkabout and tried to get crosses in.

Wilcox - 5 - not the same player from Tuesday, often tried to cover the right wing leaving the left exposed, played attackers onside a few times much to Keown's disgust, can't remember him putting a cross in all game.

Connolly - 6 - he does try but seems very frustrated now almost from the second he gets onto the pitch... had a good chance to score his first in the first half and we all thought he had but it went into the side netting again. He needs a better partner than...

Dublin - 3 - poor again, does he care? The miss timed header was comical, he hardly jumps for them anyway, still gets bundled off the ball. He's no support for Connolly. I'd like to say he was better in defence but he almost scored the only goal of the game..in his own net.

Subs:
Gemmill - 5 - thought he was good when he first came on, got back and stopped a very good chance for Burnley, something Williams wouldn't have managed, went quiet after that though and wasn't really the revelation that was needed.

Tiatto - 5 - hasn't really mirrored the form of his first few games but still gets about the pitch and tries.

Blake - 2 - oh dear, why? Didn't boo him when he came on but did have a face of disbelief... he ran but he hardly ever touched the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566