Players promotion party

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had 'way too much to drink'. I should think so. After the season they have had, they deserve a good piss up. :)

They had 'way too much to drink'. I should think so. After the season they have had, they deserve a good piss up. :)

We all knew that they'd gone out and got hammered after getting promoted.

NP was known to be of the 'old school' when it comes to alcohol along with the likes of Bryan Robson. I'd be interested if he comments on this to see if his approach has changed with the focus on sports science at the club. As a minimum, during the season, this cannot be good for players as the evidence from their performance three days later confirmed.

Personally, viewing such scenes disappoints me but I know that I'm in a minority that think that way. When you've had to deal with the 'dark side' of the abuse of alcohol, your view tends to change. Sadly however, in their shoes and at their age, I'd have been no different.

The sensationalising of this story is embarrassing. It is very poorly researched and written.

This attitude pisses me off, always has done. There might be an argument that after the season, they should be allowed to do what they want. But at the very least, during the season, while there are points to play for and fans still paying for tickets, they should be keeping their bodies in optimum physical condition and not drinking any alcohol at all. I'm of the opinion that elite athletes shouldn't be consuming any poison at all during their careers. It's unprofessional and irresponsible. In any case, why does celebrating something necessarily mean getting arseholed?

In any case, why does celebrating something necessarily mean getting arseholed?

Exactly. When I had a minor lottery win I ordered a pizza and sat and watched a Coronation Street omnibus.

Heady times...........

This attitude pisses me off, always has done. There might be an argument that after the season, they should be allowed to do what they want. But at the very least, during the season, while there are points to play for and fans still paying for tickets, they should be keeping their bodies in optimum physical condition and not drinking any alcohol at all. I'm of the opinion that elite athletes shouldn't be consuming any poison at all during their careers. It's unprofessional and irresponsible. In any case, why does celebrating something necessarily mean getting arseholed?
I think they are free to do as they please - as long as there aren't harming anyone. Many young men like to go out and have a few too many and why should they be different. I would say they are very, very reserved in comparison to the stars of the 70s and 80s.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that elite athletes shouldn't be consuming any poison at all during their careers. It's unprofessional and irresponsible. In any case, why does celebrating something necessarily mean getting arseholed?

Completely agree.

Unprofessional, arrogant, ignorant, and as far removed from the fans' expectations as they could possibly be

Bunch of complete arsewipes

I think they are free to do as they please - as long as there aren't harming anyone. Many young men like to go out and have a few too many and why should they be different. I would say they are very, very reserved in comparison to the stars of the 70s and 80s.
Imagine the smartphone being available in Worthy's days

I think they are free to do as they please - as long as there aren't harming anyone. Many young men like to go out and have a few too many and why should they be different.
Because they're each paid an incredibly large amount of money for a career which requires them to be in good condition.
I would say they are very, very reserved in comparison to the stars of the 70s and 80s.
Which is great, but it could still be better.

I'd imagine they had training the next day so I'd be surprised if the club didn't already know about the fact they'd been drinking the night before. Not saying the club or I approve, but I doubt this is news.

Because they're each paid an incredibly large amount of money for a career which requires them to be in good condition.

agreed, but I am struggling to see past the hilarity in the sensational shit rag story. If a few pissed up folk arguing/talking with some rent-a-thugs amounts to a brawl then I fear the UN having to get involved when the players celebrate the championship.

I'd imagine they had training the next day so I'd be surprised if the club didn't already know about the fact they'd been drinking the night before. Not saying the club or I approve, but I doubt this is news.
I'd imagine they had the go-ahead from the management, which if anything is worse.
agreed, but I am struggling to see past the hilarity in the sensational shit rag story. If a few pissed up folk arguing/talking with some rent-a-thugs amounts to a brawl then I fear the UN having to get involved when the players celebrate the championship.
Yeah, that wasn't anything even close to a 'fight'.

I think they are free to do as they please - as long as there aren't harming anyone. Many young men like to go out and have a few too many and why should they be different.

Surely the answer to that is patently obvious Micky? Or are you just trolling here? Unlike "many young men" they are paid absurd amounts of money to perform as professional athletes, funded in part through the sale of expensive tickets to the general public.
Leaving aside the fact that the article in the Mirror is a complete steaming pile of horseshit, the players should not have been out getting trashed before the season has ended. And I say that as somebody that missed the match today because I'd spent the 24 hours previous to the game consuming far too many intoxicants and getting completely buckled to celebrate the Baby Jesus being nailed onto a cross and making all the pubs close.

I would say they are very, very reserved in comparison to the stars of the 70s and 80s.

That's a false equivalence Micky baby. What may or may not have happened in the 70s and 80s has absolutely no bearing on what should be happening in the 21st century. It makes no difference if players in the past drank a couple of cans of Super T each and hoovered up a few lines at half-time, the team from the present day should not have been out getting wankered while there is still a job to be done.

Hmm.

Clearly I have a more lenient approach to this than most.

Young men, with a lot of income, celebrating a major milestone in their careers. Thank **** nobody followed me around with a camera in my youth. I'd also add that a lot of bouncers are absolute dicks, especially to anyone they view as a threat to their alpha manhood.

Understand that people paid to see the Brighton performance and in that regard it's pretty shit. But I'd say most people have got their money's worth this year from this side.

Last edited:
Young men, with a lot of income, celebrating a major milestone in their careers. Thank **** nobody followed me around with a camera in my youth.

Sure, yeah, most of would say the exact same thing Miley, but I think you're missing the point. The time for celebrating is at the end of the season.
Young men and women celebrate major milestones in their personal careers all of the time and at every strata of society, but if they are still incapable of engaging in their chosen field of employment three days after they've gotten the results they are gonna end up in the shit, and rightly so.

I'd also add that a lot of bouncers are absolute dicks, especially to anyone they view as a threat to their alpha manhood.
While that is true, people that have consumed copious amounts of alcohol do also have a propensity to be absolute dicks as well, especially to people that are completely sober.

Understand that people paid to see the Brighton performance and in that regard it's pretty shit. But I'd say most people have got their money's worth this year from this side.
That's all very well, but what about all of the part-timers that only bothered their arse going to the Brighton match after hearing about City securing promotion from some bloke down the pub? You've not given those poor misfortunates a second thought have you?
I'm disappointed in you Miley, I expected so much more from you. I just couldn't be like that meself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670