Plymouth post-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollie takes All the blame for this loss in my opinion!

Having been to Blackpool on sat and watched 90mins where we failed to look dangerous at any point - why did you fail to see that HUME DOES NOT PLAY ON THE WING!

Why did you fail to see that bringing on DJ for a winger will not work! We need to wingers and you know this. I know you know this because you have moaned about it for 'x' number of weeks!!!!!

Why did you play Hume on the wing despite his recent performances and failure to maintain possession? Was it simply to accommodate Hales?

Why did you fail to come out and explain yourself to the fans?

Why is Fryatt not getting a chance, even though the ball sticks to his foot like glue? Again is it to accommodate Hayles?

Are you really competent enough to manage Leicester City? In all honesty your lucky you came to this club when you did, because if this was 16 games into the season people really would be calling for your head!

A very good point plus the number of Managers we have had recently (excluding Worthington and Megson) is also helping IH in that few want yet another Manager at the Club.

All of that said MM must be do a lot buttock clenching at the moment because he must be very close to absolutely shitting himself. IH must be feeling very isolated at the moment.

TBH I thought defensively we were ok except for the goal :icon_roll , the midfield were uninspired and ineffective and the forwards didn't show anything like Easter did throughout the game. Hayles was anonymous and is in the team as others have said to justify his signing.

I have always been lukewarm about IH's appointment and unless things improve he might even struggle to last the season as I am sure MM will not tolerate this situation for too much longer. Even if he does survive then things need to significantly improve or else IH will be out by 16 games next season.

Funny how people are having a go at Clem. On SKY I thought he did fine today. Oakley too was much better than against Palace I thought.....Funny.

Funny how people are having a go at Clem. On SKY I thought he did fine today. Oakley too was much better than against Palace I thought.....Funny.

same here Alex, I thought they both did OK.

A very good point plus the number of Managers we have had recently (excluding Worthington and Megson) is also helping IH in that few want yet another Manager at the Club.
I have always been lukewarm about IH's appointment and unless things improve he might even struggle to last the season as I am sure MM will not tolerate this situation for too much longer. Even if he does survive then things need to significantly improve or else IH will be out by 16 games next season.

I think its certain that there are a hell of a lot of managers than Holloway. But could MM persuade any of them to take on the Leicester job?

Unfortunately too many mistakes have now been made: in managerial appointments; player acquisitions; team selections etc; etc.

I think we are stuck with Holloway - certainly for the rest of this season. I too have never been totally convinced by him but as I have said before, he was probably as good as MM good get.

The best thing that can happen is that we write off this season and just quietly ensure that we are not relegated. My main concern is that I don't have much optimism for next season either - but that is because we have been a losing side for so long and at some stage things must change?

Are you really competent enough to manage Leicester City? In all honesty your lucky you came to this club when you did, because if this was 16 games into the season people really would be calling for your head!

I reckon the Norwich game will be a turning point, especially if we lose at Watford. No points against Norwich either and sections of the crowd will start to turn.

i still think ollie is the right man

I'm not quite as sure as I thought I was. I'm typically fickle like most of us I suppose :)

Sorry but all we are doing is a King Canute job.... trying to hold back the tide, we lack (and its not just recently)a productive midfield ....there is nobody in the set-up to create any worthwhile ball for the forwards to utilise, all they are getting is crumbs to feed off, we play narrow football to try and force teams to play the same way but completely forgetting that we have to create movement up front and sadly all we get is knockdowns from Howard that are pounced on immediately because the oppo know how we play

I quite frankly am bloody angry about the whole situation

Its the same performance every game.Doesnt matter who is in a blue shirt or who is in the dug out its the same shit repeated week after week. And i for one have had enough.And a message for the those deluded enough to think we wont go down "arise from your slumber and inhale the pungent fumes from the caffeine based beverage"

Nobody has blamed the state of the pitch yet.

How can you blame the pitch when we had to play on it, i do agree it is a disgrace, do you want to borrow our pitch cover? Your fans were very quiet until the booing at halftime and at the end.All you could hear were our fans!:icon_bigg

How can you blame the pitch when we had to play on it, i do agree it is a disgrace, do you want to borrow our pitch cover? Your fans were very quiet until the booing at halftime and at the end.All you could hear were our fans!:icon_bigg

Go away

Aye but Laczko wasn't fooling anybody with his dive, I found it quite amusing. Pathetic 2 out of 10.

Which coincidentally was my marks for Hayles,he was awful against Palace as well and got away with it because he fluked a goal.Campbell should start and then maybe when he'd had afew games he will regain his sharpness

no, your not worth the extra time and energy required to actually think about a reply

Oakley too was much better than against Palace I thought.....Funny.

same here Alex, I thought they both did OK.

Funny how opinions differ,I thought Oakley was invisible,I didn't realise he was playing half the time.We have no players who want to stand up and being counted,when things go against us we hide.
Plymouth were the better team,it was a big game for them and they won.They celebrated etc and good luck to them.I'm not interested in Plymouth Argyle though I'm only interested in LCFC

Funny how opinions differ,I thought Oakley was invisible,I didn't realise he was playing half the time.We have no players who want to stand up and being counted,when things go against us we hide.
Plymouth were the better team,it was a big game for them and they won.They celebrated etc and good luck to them.I'm not interested in Plymouth Argyle though I'm only interested in LCFC

Fairplay Highland at least there is one honest comment this morning!:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670