Points Tracker 2023/24

106. But I assume there is a ‘’not’’ missing in your post.
cheers buddy should have clarified my question better. what has been the highest points total for the 2nd team to promote?
I am not sure however, is this a freak season where 3 teams will push it other to the very end to gain automatic promotion?

cheers buddy should have clarified my question better. what has been the highest points total for the 2nd team to promote?
I am not sure however, is this a freak season where 3 teams will push it other to the very end to gain automatic promotion?
93 I think. The year we went up on 102.

Burnley were the team and behind them were Derby on 85.

Isn't the question - What's the highest number of points that a team has finished third with?

You only need to finish above them, so what the second placed team got is a bit irrelevant.

Isn't the question - What's the highest number of points that a team has finished third with?

You only need to finish above them, so what the second placed team got is a bit irrelevant.
That’s why I thought there was a ‘’not’’ missing from his post.

Sunderland 1998, 90 points.
We will need a LOT more than that.

Theoretically, Leeds can gather another 15 which would take their total to 101.

Ipswich have one more point but if we are tied on points at the end of the season I think we’d have them on goal difference.

We have a 2 point cushion plus 18 points to play for. So the maximum we need is 14 points from 6 games.

4 wins and two draws. And we are guaranteed promotion with 102 points.

Will take 100 I think.

Two wins this week would be absolutely ****ing enormous.

And annoyingly even a slightly better March would have got us to 92 or 94 already.

Charlton in 4th, and eventual playoff winners, got 88 points - must have been a hell of a season!
It was. Forest won the title. Man City spent loads of money and were one of the favourites but instead managed to get relegated on the last day despite battering Stoke. Playoff final was a 4-4 draw. Elsewhere, City were in Europe and teenage me got someone pregnant. Oops.

It was. Forest won the title. Man City spent loads of money and were one of the favourites but instead managed to get relegated on the last day despite battering Stoke. Playoff final was a 4-4 draw. Elsewhere, City were in Europe and teenage me got someone pregnant. Oops.
That's a fair old year, BM.

First time in forever that all the top four have played the same number of games, although Southampton is still not a final result.

One more win should do it for us. A draw on Tuesday would be a good result for promotion now.

1713625641770.png

First time in forever that all the top four have played the same number of games, although Southampton is still not a final result.

One more win should do it for us. A draw on Tuesday would be a good result for promotion now.

View attachment 18575
Agreed. I was just thinking that a draw Tuesday wouldn’t be the end of the world for us.

View attachment 18575
If the top four finish in that order, I would be very happy.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563