Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are these lot still in business? It's a disgrace. It'll take a big club like them going to the wall to begin changing the way clubs are run. It'll be a shame for them and their fans, but it's going to happen to someone sooner or later, the current situation is completely unsustainable.

How are these lot still in business? It's a disgrace. It'll take a big club like them going to the wall to begin changing the way clubs are run. It'll be a shame for them and their fans, but it's going to happen to someone sooner or later, the current situation is completely unsustainable.

There, but for the grace of God, go we. The whole of the game is unsustainable in its present form; clubs, players, agents and fans have got to wake up to the fact.

There, but for the grace of God, go we. The whole of the game is unsustainable in its present form; clubs, players, agents and fans have got to wake up to the fact.

Portsmouth do seem to be particularly prone to this kind of financial mess in recent years, it can't be much longer before a 'biggish' club gets wound up. I hope not for the sake of football.
Ironic that this should be announced as MM and 'Arry begin their court case.

Portsmouth do seem to be particularly prone to this kind of financial mess in recent years, it can't be much longer before a 'biggish' club gets wound up. I hope not for the sake of football.
Ironic that this should be announced as MM and 'Arry begin their court case.

I hope so for the sake of football. Until this happens, football will continue to operate inside its own unsustainable bubble. Something big needs to happen for people to realise and things to change. Unfortunately though, I can't see anyone taking any notice unless it is one of the top six teams in the country.

Harsh times for the fans, they've not done anything wrong and they will be the ones that suffer from the result of this.

I've been saying it for years that football clubs live way beyond their means and it is long overdue that something is done to stop clubs getting into this kind of mess. Owners need to be held accountable for their actions as I do find it strange that Gaydamak, who signed off the vast majority of players contracts that have got them in this mess, can still turn around and say that he is owed money from all of this.

Except that it's not going to happen.

Portsmouth are an attractive enough proposition for someone to come along and buy them off - possibly at a seriously knock down price within an administration situation.

Don't forget that we were in a similar situation and under the rules that apply you effectively get your debts written off and the club carries onas before.

The people that who deserve sympathy are the small businesses who are owed money - and will probably lose the lot.

The worse thing that may happen to Portsmouth fans is to see their club relegated through a potential points deduction if they go into administration.

The clubs that go to the wall are those with ground tenure (lack of) issues and small fan bases which make them non-viable.

Sky journo indicating they'll be back in admin anyday. Apparently players informed today.

I thought this was quite interesting on one of their boards:

I did hear something a couple of days ago but didn't post as it was from an friend's acquaintance. He actually works for a company that supplies services to Pompey and regularly makes trips to Fratton Park in a professional capacity.

When chatting to the staff, they mentioned that even if we go into Admin, there is something else simmering in the background regarding financial irregularities which is EXTREMELY serious and will, if proof is found, be the final nail. They are VERY fearful of their futures anyway but even more so now this cloud has appeared.

No hard and fast evidence but it's from a different source than the one I posted about claiming money laundering evidence had been found and was being prepared as an expose in a tabloid. Again, I can't even say whether the alleged chat took place but hearing similar stories from very separate directions makes me think there might be something in it. No smoke without fire and all that!

I just hope the shredding machine has been used to good effect in recent years...........

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14879&posts=14

Not that I'd wish it on anyone, but surely it's time for Portsmouth to go? I don't understand why people continue to save them... they must all be losing money when they come in? Players keep not getting paid, constantly up against it... Someone just put them out of their misery.

It would be lovely to see Portsmouth, Coventry and Forest all go down.

Indeed. Unfortunately though I think their points deduction could well end up saving either Coventry or Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669