Powell Signs New Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

NOT better than Mattock who is improving all the time and has much more potential than Powell ever did.
But he's a strong steadying influence on the squad and sets exactly the right sort of professional example of keeping focussed and fit through your career. A good use of the money, in which case. Pearson hasn't introduced ONE player who hasn't improved the squad as yet. They've all been a success, so i'll go with his judegement.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
NOT better than Mattock who is improving all the time and has much more potential than Powell ever did.

Potential is nothing without a bit of commitment. If Mattock really is any good, it's about time he started to show it.

highland fox

Imagine he's ok in this grade,anything higher and he would be fecked

Joe_Fox

I see players like Powell signing a new contract as a positive thing. It shows the players around him and further a field that all is well aboard the good ship LCFC.

pipes

But he's a strong steadying influence on the squad and sets exactly the right sort of professional example of keeping focussed and fit through your career. A good use of the money, in which case. Pearson hasn't introduced ONE player who hasn't improved the squad as yet. They've all been a success, so i'll go with his judegement.

Beg to differ. He's got a lot to do before having a chance of getting anywhere near Powell's career achievements.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Powell has always played consistently well for us - Mattock has had several poor games. Mattock may have potential but Powell delivers the goods every game he plays.

After his '750th' presentation, he then played the full 90 mins up and down the pitch the whole game. That is an astonishing level of fitness for a 39 year old and something that Fryatt and Howard were not capable of last season and have only started showing signs of real fitness the last few months. I would be willing to bet that on whatever internal fitness league stats they keep at Belvoir Drive, I would expect Powell to be at or near the top, and possibly be nearly as fast as Dyer on the short sprints.

I would not be surprised if Pearson offered him a coaching/player role next season keeping him available as accasional cover. After Tunchev I would say Powell has been our second best buy.

FIF

liked his interview last week. type of guy we need to the end of the season

highland fox

I see players like Powell signing a new contract as a positive thing. It shows the players around him and further a field that all is well aboard the good ship LCFC.

Perhaps Joe perhaps..or that no fecker else wants him so he's taking what he can get

David Gwilliam

Powell played for England and I will be surprised if Mattock does that.

On a slightly linked topic I have been impressed by Morrison's attitude in interviews. He has said he wants to learn from NP as a former centreback and that he is learning from Tunchev. One of the chief qualities needed by a young player is a willingness to listen and he and other young players can learn a lot from Powell's advice. Often a young player learns more from the experienced players around them than they do on a training ground.

ashmeister08

adams?? :102:

FantasyFox

Powell played in competitive matches for England as an adult. That's not just potential, that's fulfilling your potential. There's a big difference...ask Tommy Wright.

footballno7

He's a true pro, will be good if he continues as a coach at Leicester too. He has mentioned it in his blog too, on chrispowellofficialwebsite.com

:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670