Pre-Season Friendly v Leamington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

Anybody bothering?

I'm hoping too provided I finish work at a reasonable time (why a 7pm kick-off?). I believe the only first teamers out are Nugent, Konchesky, Schmeichel and St Ledger. First time I've ever been a pre-season friendly and there isn't a single new signing to see.

Their ground is a little out on a limb hence I'm hoping that the car park isn't full when I get there. I think BM has been to the Windmill Ground.

I think BM has been to the Windmill Ground.
You think correctly, I went there about 3 years ago and saw them draw 2-2 with Halesowen Town. Scott Lycett played for the Brakes, and Stefan Moore scored for the visitors. There was a red card for Leamington's Luke Corbett but I don't know why. There were no mugs available, but the bloke in the club shop took my address and sent me some pin badges when he got stock a few weeks later, which was nice of him.

This was the day the taxi driver, having misheard me shout "Leamington FC" at him, tried to drop me off at KFC. Close enough.

The ground is indeed a bit outside Leamington itself, and will perhaps be a pain in the arse for those not driving, but not impossible.

You think correctly, I went there about 3 years ago and saw them draw 2-2 with Halesowen Town. Scott Lycett played for the Brakes, and Stefan Moore scored for the visitors. There was a red card for Leamington's Luke Corbett but I don't know why. There were no mugs available, but the bloke in the club shop took my address and sent me some pin badges when he got stock a few weeks later, which was nice of him.

This was the day the taxi driver, having misheard me shout "Leamington FC" at him, tried to drop me off at KFC. Close enough.

The ground is indeed a bit outside Leamington itself, and will perhaps be a pain in the arse for those not driving, but not impossible.

A bloke at work supports Halesowen. Anyway, Leamington are running a minibus back and forth from the town centre if anyone is relative local.

Where is best for parking then? Just try and find space on a road or go for a car park?

Seems like it'll be a good evening so good excuse for a few beers in the sun though don't think it will be as hot as Hinckley last year!

Hi,

I've not really been following the inactivity at our club over the last couple of months, but I was watching a video on Foxes Player and Nuge was on crutches.

Have I missed something vital?

Hi,

I've not really been following the inactivity at our club over the last couple of months, but I was watching a video on Foxes Player and Nuge was on crutches.

Have I missed something vital?

Calf injury - supposedly be back soon but, as he's still on crutches, that might be complete bollocks

Calf injury - supposedly be back soon but, as he's still on crutches, that might be complete bollocks

But surely crutches are more likely to indicate an injury to the calf than the bollocks?

Where is best for parking then? Just try and find space on a road or go for a car park?

Seems like it'll be a good evening so good excuse for a few beers in the sun though don't think it will be as hot as Hinckley last year!
The ground has its own car park. I think road parking may be impractical.

Teams for the game

Attachments

• BO_RjqaCAAEX6Mc.jpg
    BO_RjqaCAAEX6Mc.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590