Prediction League - WEEK ONE tables - see post #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Sorry for the delay in publishing these. I've scored them all but because of the high number of new players, I'm going to even out the numbers in each division by promoting a few more teams than I had intended (I presume nobody will mind being unexpectedly promoted).

Should be able to get them out later tonight. Suffice to say that in the Prem it's hard to keep a good Yorkshirewoman down and in the Fizzy our Scandanavian visitor has done himself proud. But in the Chumps, both were narrowly topped by both clee and Doug and heartily beaten by M-TBT.

Last edited:
Re: Prediction League - WEEK ONE tables

Boc, why does the link to the week 2 fixtures point to some random external link website?

Sorry for the delay in publishing these. I've scored them all but because of the high number of new players, I'm going to even out the numbers in each division by promoting a few more teams than I had intended (I presume nobody will mind being unexpectedly promoted).

Should be able to get them out later tonight. Suffice to say that in the Prem it's hard to keep a good Yorkshirewoman down and in the Fizzy our Scandanavian visitor has done himself proud. But in the Chumps, both were narrowly topped by both clee and Doug and heartily beaten by M-TBT.

As long as it's me (or at least reflected in the positions we all finished last year - think I was about 4th in the league)

wahoo :icon_lol::icon_lol::038:

Boc, why does the link to the week 2 fixtures point to some random external link website?

There's nothing random about it. I have used the 'tinyurl' to reduce the total number of characters to fewer than that allowed in a sig.

Last edited:

As long as it's me (or at least reflected in the positions we all finished last year - think I was about 4th in the league)

It will of course reflect the positions in which people finished last season. If you had finshed 4th, you would already have been promoted - in fact you finished 14th in the Chumps and will not benefit, even with these extra promotions.

Re: Prediction League - WEEK ONE tables - delay

OK - I've sorted out the additioanl clubs for promotion:

From Fizzy to Prem:
Singth
jas123
SwedeFox

From Chumps to Fizzy:
glyn
ashmeister08
OldGit
rolydog143
chesterfield fo
fludie

WEEK ONE table out soon

Recognition at last......

p1.JPG f1.JPG c1.JPG

Last edited:
Ridiculous, the top three in the 'chumps' league are the best three.
The league is pointless and nothing but elitist and demonstrable of clique.

Ridiculous, the top three in the 'chumps' league are the best three.
The league is pointless and nothing but elitist and demonstrable of clique.

*yawn*

And the torquoise is hideous on the eyes :)

And the torquoise is hideous on the eyes :)

Aye - apologies for that. Since my lappy had to have a new motherboard, I haven't been able to find my M$ Office disks and I have had to make do with a much older version with a smaller choice of cell-colours.

Will be amended as soon as...

'Hard Times at the Organ' by Billy Big Biscuits

After the embarrassment of relegation to the Chumps League for the first time in their history, the Hammond Organ team are slowly adjusting to life at a lower level.

Speaking to Hammond Organ in his still plush office yesterday, TB Cup still gleaming in the trophy cupboard behind his desk, we get an insight into the struggles in the lower divisions.

"Of course, we have had to lay off 50% predictions stewards on matchdays, and we haven't managed to get as many advertising boards filled as if we were in the Fizzy League, but we are fighters at this club and we want to get promotion and keep to our 3 year plan of being back at the top table."

But there have been other challenges being in the Chumps league

"The vultures have been circling around, and the chairman has had to sell off some of our better predictions to balance the books a little, but he is still supportive of our plans and is fully behind me" says Organ, adding "One cost cutting measure though is that we will have no reserve team this year to test predictions, but we will be hoping to give the predictions squad a run out in some of the cup competitions this year, and our Academy of young predictions has been successful in recent times so I am expecting some of these to challenge the first team predictions this year as well".

After a steady start, with 11 points from the first round, Hammond Organ is hoping to borrow a phrase from D:Ream and counting on the fact that things can only get better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670