Premier League 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an incredible finish to an incredible season.

I think the Man City match alone summed up this entire Premier League season really. Twists and turns all over the place.

And Joey Barton is a ****ing disgrace. I agree with whoever said it's a shame QPR stayed up because it will mean he gets away with it (from their fans) a bit.

Feel sorry for Bolton, particularly with the problems they've had this season (Muamba and big injuries). Glad Man City won the title personally.

And Joey Barton is a ****ing disgrace. I agree with whoever said it's a shame QPR stayed up because it will mean he gets away with it (from their fans) a bit.

I've been looking on one of their forums and most of their fans want him sacked.

Feel sorry for Bolton, particularly with the problems they've had this season (Muamba and big injuries).

I wanted QPR to go down, but part of me is glad Bolton are down because it will be the easiest Leicester match for me to get to next season. Only 99 minutes away by train.

As if it needed more, Joey Barton has gone out of his way on Twitter to prove just how much of a prick he is;

Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton
Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.

The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me...

I think he was probably heading for a lengthy ban anyway... but to say it wasn't just heat of the moment and (at least this is how I take it) that he was trying to injure Aguero makes it even worse. Hopefully a very, very long ban coming his way. Or a prison sentence. Prick.

Last edited:
Glad Bolton are gone, I wander if Gartside will still be pushing to separate the Prem from the other divisions?

Nice of him to suggest another player was to blame for encouraging him too... pathetic prick.

Hopefully a very, very long ban coming his way.

He could have been sent off three times for what he did today.

If he'd been sent off three times in different matches, the first would have been a 4 game ban (normally 3, but he's already been sent off this season - you get an extra match ban for each previous red card), the second would have been a 5 game ban, and the third a 6 game ban. So that's 15 games. I expect the actual ban he gets will be less than that.

Disappointed that Man City won it because it would have been funny to see them **** it up, disappointed that QPR are staying up because that doesn't make Barton the scapegoat he would have been if they'd gone down. Ah well.

Yes, but Notlob are down. Every cloud and all that..................

Glad Bolton are gone, I wander if Gartside will still be pushing to separate the Prem from the other divisions?

Exactly the reason that I wanted them to go down. Gartside gets his comeuppance at last.

Will enjoy going to the Reebok next season. Went to the League Cup tie there few years back so want a bit of revenge. Will always remember going the previous occasion though when Sir Les score a late header to make it 2-2 in injury time when the Bolton fans thought they were gonna win. That James Brown song get on my nerves as well as that twat of a mascot of there's. Campo was a right cheat that game as well.

Last edited:
ibrbOoRe6fTRMf.gif

:081:

What a comeback by city. Incredible, and even though I'm not a man city fan I celebrated their third as if Leicester had won it!

Beautiful scene. I have to admit to being a little dissapointed with the reaction on the whole, other than Jones looking gobsmacked there were not enough scenes of devastation for me.

I clearly remember Arsenal winning the title at Anfield. Liverpool then were such a force that you'd never imagine they would go so long without a title win after that. I'm not a fan of teams buying the Premier League which City basically have done, but I wouldn't be at all bothered if Man U don't win a title in the foreseable future.

Beautiful scene. I have to admit to being a little dissapointed with the reaction on the whole, other than Jones looking gobsmacked there were not enough scenes of devastation for me.

I clearly remember Arsenal winning the title at Anfield. Liverpool then were such a force that you'd never imagine they would go so long without a title win after that. I'm not a fan of teams buying the Premier League which City basically have done, but I wouldn't be at all bothered if Man U don't win a title in the foreseable future.

Man Utd's team cost more than Man City's.

Man Utd's team cost more than Man City's.

I'm taking a wild guess that your response was in reference to me stating Man City have bought their title?

With this very interesting stat are you suggesting they "basically" didn't pump a load of money and buy up quality players in a very short space of time thus taking them from mid table team to winning the title in 5 years?

Barton is a thug and I don't think any football fan would care if he never played football again. However, this comment about Shearer on MOTD did make me smile....

"I'd take it off Hansen and @GaryLineker but not from that bell, same fella that stamped on Neil Lennon,then threatened FA if they banned him. That he would retire from international football. No sorry, not having him, never have. Selfish, boring man him. He can do one..."

Barton is a thug and I don't think any football fan would care if he never played football again. However, this comment about Shearer on MOTD did make me smile....

"I'd take it off Hansen and @GaryLineker but not from that bell, same fella that stamped on Neil Lennon,then threatened FA if they banned him. That he would retire from international football. No sorry, not having him, never have. Selfish, boring man him. He can do one..."

Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670