Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Fulham sack Jol

Hardly a surprise really. Always looked like Meulensteen had been brought in to replace him.

Shame, I like Martin Jol, but can understand why they felt the need for a change. Problem is, I still think they might struggle to get out of trouble. They've got good, talented players... but not many that are willing to work hard. The likes of Berbatov and Taarabt are not really players that you can rely on for a relegation scrap. Capable of moments of brilliance (although Berbs seems to be missing those lately too) but not players will that will dig in and fight.

Last edited:

tedfoxxx

The highlight from the top flight for me this weekend was the exquisite range of pouts displayed by Lawro on MOTD2 last night.

The disapproving pout for bad defending, the sexy pout when he liked something, even a slightly more jocular pout for when Dion and Mark Chapman poked fun at him. Its a travesty that Lawro has been demoted from Saturday night duty.

homer

I'm looking forward to seeing his pout when they finally tell him to feck off

Apart from Shearer, he's the most pointless and useless football 'expert' on telly

tedfoxxx

I'm looking forward to seeing his pout when they finally tell him to feck off

Apart from Shearer, he's the most pointless and useless football 'expert' on telly

To be fair, I struggle to think of anyone other than Clarke Carlisle and Lee Dixon on the terrestrial channels who offer any kind of interesting insight when punditing or co-commentating.

Matt_B

To be fair, I struggle to think of anyone other than Clarke Carlisle and Lee Dixon on the terrestrial channels who offer any kind of interesting insight when punditing or co-commentating.

I like Andy Townsend. It makes me remember that no matter how bad things may ever seem, at least I'm not And Townsend.

tedfoxxx

I like Andy Townsend. It makes me remember that no matter how bad things may ever seem, at least I'm not And Townsend.

I genuinely enjoy games less when he's involved. So basically every live Champions League game on ITV........

Perhaps one of his grandparents was a good pundit, so he's qualified to work on national telly on that basis.

Last edited:

LCFC'sGodWears9

I know he's not on terrestrial TV, but I'm a massive fan of Gary Neville as a pundit, think he's excellent. Carragher likewise.

Graz

Not a fan of Carragher, but Gary Neville is the best pundit on TV right now I think. Saying a lot, since I thought he was such a **** during his playing career.

I think Redknapp is good too, but not a big fan of Carragher.

Seen a bit of Peter Schmeichel on both the Beeb and Sky recently and I think he does a good job.

The sooner Lawro disappears the better though.

LCFC'sGodWears9

I think people dislike Carra because of the accent, he talks some sense if he manages to get it understandable, that's how I feel!

I would also add that I agree Neville is the best of the two!

Last edited:

Graz

Having never won at Old Trafford with Everton, Moyes's Man Utd lose to Everton at home. That's got to sting.

fitz

I'm not sure if Carragher knows his stuff or not. Maybe one day there'll be subtitles and I'll be able to form an opinion on his abilities.

Graz

Another loss for Man Utd today. Could be 10th by the end of the weekend.

Apparently Zaha is dating Moyes' daughter... Poor Moyes, can't keep clean sheets at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669