Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next 2 league games for us our massive and really need to get a minimum of 3 points from Man City & West Ham.

Exactly the same as the title winning year. Couldn’t settle until the mathematics were clear.

I still look at Liverpool. We know they can rattle off several wins in a row.

There’s 27 points left. We have a 10 point gap on them and a horrible run in.

I think we need 15 points - 5 wins from 9
And I’m assuming in my head we’ll get nothing from the last three games. After last year, a five point gap on fifth doesn’t feel anywhere near enough.

Exactly the same as the title winning year. Couldn’t settle until the mathematics were clear.

I still look at Liverpool. We know they can rattle off several wins in a row.

There’s 27 points left. We have a 10 point gap on them and a horrible run in.

I think we need 15 points - 5 wins from 9
Assuming we lose all 4 of the others?

I think that the top five last season will be the top five this season.

The only major difference from last season is that Liverpool have dropped off badly. The other four sides have all improved a little bit from last season.

Outside of that, neither of the clubs that could mess with that top five - Arsenal and Spurs - have got their shit together yet.

West Ham are the only threat I see to that the same top five. But chances are they will not sustain a challenge because they're not really good enough to. They'll do very well to get to 65 points.

Therefore, our threat is Liverpool. They are capable of winning several games in a row in the run in. The likes of West Ham aren't.

We were 5th last season with 62 points and the side above us had 66. This season, 70 points will be easily good enough. I think we'll get there. BR has led us for 77 PL matches and picked up 135 points - an average of 1.75 per game. If we maintain that form, we'll pick up enough to get over that total. Especially now the fixtures have calmed down and some key players are getting back to fitness.

Remember that we picked up 20 points from the first round of fixtures against our remaining 9 opponents. Just because they look tough, doesn't mean we can't win them.

For Liverpool to get to 70 points, they need to win 8 of their last 9 matches. Possible but highly unlikely.

Four wins and one or two draws at the most is all we need.

Two very good twatted goals from Brighton. It seems like fate that fulham are going to switch places with newcastle at some point.

In all my pre-match 'excitement', I'd forgotten that West Ham take on Arsenal shortly. An Arsenal win would do quite nicely thank you.

My favourite thing about arsenal is how excited their fans get if they see a clip on Twitter of Tierney shouting encouraging things to other players. A team that not so long ago won league titles.....now they've got a fans favourite because he cares and he shouts.

Arteta’s job must be hanging by a thread now. And to think, I wanted him for our manager before Rodgers arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669