Premier League 23/24

Your problem with that analogy is that we broke the rules that season too. We've just not released the accounts to show it yet.

I'd also argue that our offences are worse than anything Forest or Everton have been punished for.

We overspent like they did. However, we also overspent despite manufacturing dodgy sponsorship deals to artifically inflate our income and underpay staff who were being paid by third parties. Our crimes are more like, though obviously to a lesser extent, what Man City did.

Indeed. What about the teams that didn't (TBC) cheat to be shit but went down with us?

20240318_202354.jpg

It's ok though. There's possibly going to be an Ofwat, Ofgem style regulator that'll keep them all in check.

View attachment 18498

It's ok though. There's possibly going to be an Ofwat, Ofgem style regulator that'll keep them all in check.
Fabulous news. As we all know what an incredible job the other regulators do this will surely solve everything.

I mean to say...Ofcom basically saying it's OK for GB News to peddle batshit conspiracy theories & Ofgem's exemplary management of the energy sector over the past decade leading to the fabulously cheap fuel bills we're all currently enjoying. It's all ****ing fantastic.

Absolutely, categorically NOT just an excuse to create another worthless quango & chuck a six figure salary at some scumcunt politician's talentless mate. No. It's a bright new dawn.

Sunlit Uplands.

I don’t see how, when several clubs of our size are likely to start on negative points next season, that the league can be viewed as anything but compromised.

I don’t see how, when several clubs of our size are likely to start on negative points next season, that the league can be viewed as anything but compromised.
So long as Man City’s lawyers are able to find the long grass with any cheating accusations then the league isn’t compromised.

BAU, nothing to see here.

I agree, which is why I think they’ll ultimately have to change the rules on this. I doubt they liked the fact that the January transfer window was quiet either, as that doesn’t generate clicks and news.

Saturday night feature.

Brentford - no quality in the final third

Man U - no quality anywhere

& then they force an extra 10 mins on me. Jesus.

Best league in the ****ing world ? Get ****ed.

Foolishly decided to watch the 'massive' PL game between Man City and Arsenal.

Both sides start with four central defenders. Absolutely nothing interesting happened in the first half.

Struggling to keep my eyes open.

Pep and his acolytes with their total snoozeball.

It's ****ing rubbish.

It is a genuinely awful game. Top of the table clash, my arse. Arsenal are just ****ing pathetic

Liverpool were also shite earlier

Compare this to the brilliance of some of yesterday’s games. This is wank

Foolishly decided to watch the 'massive' PL game between Man City and Arsenal.

Both sides start with four central defenders. Absolutely nothing interesting happened in the first half.

Struggling to keep my eyes open.

Pep and his acolytes with their total snoozeball.

It's ****ing rubbish.
Are you not entertained by seeing how much time Raya can waste every time he gets the ball? It’s impressive.

Are you not entertained by seeing how much time Raya can waste every time he gets the ball? It’s impressive.

Everything seems to be about wasting time. Every excuse to slow the game down. Every excuse to go down for free kicks when there has been no contact.

I just want to hibernate and get woken up when all this wank is over and someone realises that football can do better than this.

It’s not helped by a complete and utter bellend of a ref, and two complete ****s on commentary

Yesterday showed how good the Premier League can be

Today shows how completely shite it can be

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566