Premier League 23/24

give_us_a_wave

I've made money off Utd all season. They are genuinely dreadful. Their defensive data is that of a bottom half side. They've been constantly rescued by individual moments of brilliance from Fernandes, Hojlund & occasionally Garnacho. Plus Onana has been brilliant in terms of saves produced. Same as De Gea was a few seasons ago when he kept them afloat. He's been worth at least 6 points to them. None of that is sustainable long term. They concede shots & corners at a similar level to Sheff Utd & Burnley FFS.

Apparently the new regime there is bringing in a new data analysis team. If that's true the first thing they should recommend is to get rid of Ten Hag. Out of his depth completely. The era of the brilliant technical Dutch manager is over really. The Eredivisie is a piss poor league, high scoring because nobody can defend. His achievements at Ajax mean nothing in terms of translating them to this level.

homer

****ing hell - Casemiro for that one was even worse!

This could end up being anything, it’s hilarious

homer

****ing hell - Casemiro for that one was even worse!

This could end up being anything, it’s hilarious

Ditto exactly for number four - what is he doing?

Wonderful stuff

Orifice

I've just looked at the BBC Palace V Man U page!
I wish I was watching the game, Man U appear to be a bit rubbish.

From Alan Smith (remember him)....I mentioned humiliation a while ago but I've seen it now in bold letters. Casemiro, what is he doing in bold letters. For Palace, what an performance this is. That is the last person you want it to fall to. Onana ends up in the middle of his goal, I'm not sure what he was doing.

give_us_a_wave

I've just looked at the BBC Palace V Man U page!
I wish I was watching the game, Man U appear to be a bit rubbish.

From Alan Smith (remember him)....I mentioned humiliation a while ago but I've seen it now in bold letters. Casemiro, what is he doing in bold letters. For Palace, what an performance this is. That is the last person you want it to fall to. Onana ends up in the middle of his goal, I'm not sure what he was doing.
It was a real treat. They were a total embarrassment.

To round off the comedy, Ashley Young was in the studio talking about how much of a let down it was for the travelling fans who'd gone all that way on a Monday night.

Game was in London Ashley. I know Palace is a bit of a nightmare in terms of connections but it's still only a tube ride home for most of them.

Robin127

The era of the brilliant technical Dutch manager is over really. The Eredivisie is a piss poor league, high scoring because nobody can defend. His achievements at Ajax mean nothing in terms of translating them to this level.
Makes you wonder how the rumoured new manager is going to Slot in at Liverpool.

Orifice

I remember several Alan Smiths. One played for City, one played for Manyoo, one managed Palace. Was it one of them?
It probably was.
Mention Alan Smith to me tho and only one of those comes to mind.

fox58

Notts F****t appeal against their points deduction rejected

give_us_a_wave

Makes you wonder how the rumoured new manager is going to Slot in at Liverpool.
Time will tell I guess. bound to be one decent one hiding out there somewhere. but I'd worry for whoever takes over there.

Klopp has done a bit of a Sir Alex. Less extreme but along the same lines. The quitting announcement was pretty sudden & came out of nowhere really. He's taken stock of what he's got & quit while he's ahead. He probably knew that this season would be the last where a title challenge was a realistic possibility. None of the recent signings have been good enough to replace what he'll soon lose & the kids coming through will take a season or two to develop.
Salah is becoming more & more injury prone & takes longer to come back to form after each spell out. He also turns 32 in the summer so the natural downgrade will kick in too. Same goes for Van Dijk who's a year older. That age doesn't matter as much for a CB as a rule but for one like him who relies on his mobility it does more so. Plus he's only at his best when he has a midfield screen in front of him & when Endo doesn't play Liverpool don't have the quality there. Mac Allister tries but he's better going forward.

Gakpo & Nunez aren't going to score enough to challenge for a title.

Klopp had a look at all that & thought " bollocks, 3 years probably before we challenge again. I'm off "

Plus of course they can't compete with the money at Man City.

I imagine he'll **** off somewhere nice for a year or 18 months & wait for the jobs to open up at Real, Bayern, Barca, Juve or one of the Milan clubs. He's only 56, got plenty of time. Might even fancy an up & comer like Leipzig or Stuttgart if he's in the mood to stamp his style on something new.

Whatever, the new bloke at Anfield is going to have his work cut out & the recruitment in the summer is going to need to be top level.

pork pie fox

Time will tell I guess. bound to be one decent one hiding out there somewhere. but I'd worry for whoever takes over there.

Klopp has done a bit of a Sir Alex. Less extreme but along the same lines. The quitting announcement was pretty sudden & came out of nowhere really. He's taken stock of what he's got & quit while he's ahead. He probably knew that this season would be the last where a title challenge was a realistic possibility. None of the recent signings have been good enough to replace what he'll soon lose & the kids coming through will take a season or two to develop.
Salah is becoming more & more injury prone & takes longer to come back to form after each spell out. He also turns 32 in the summer so the natural downgrade will kick in too. Same goes for Van Dijk who's a year older. That age doesn't matter as much for a CB as a rule but for one like him who relies on his mobility it does more so. Plus he's only at his best when he has a midfield screen in front of him & when Endo doesn't play Liverpool don't have the quality there. Mac Allister tries but he's better going forward.

Gakpo & Nunez aren't going to score enough to challenge for a title.

Klopp had a look at all that & thought " bollocks, 3 years probably before we challenge again. I'm off "

Plus of course they can't compete with the money at Man City.

I imagine he'll **** off somewhere nice for a year or 18 months & wait for the jobs to open up at Real, Bayern, Barca, Juve or one of the Milan clubs. He's only 56, got plenty of time. Might even fancy an up & comer like Leipzig or Stuttgart if he's in the mood to stamp his style on something new.

Whatever, the new bloke at Anfield is going to have his work cut out & the recruitment in the summer is going to need to be top level.
Or maybe the German national team job?

give_us_a_wave

Saudi Arabia is such a disgusting regime.
As is every regime in that festering cesspit of a region. All enabled by the fact that we can't do without their oil. I wish I could live to be 200 so I could see the whole thing collapse when it runs out.

All propped up by the Land of the Free (TM) of course, while turning a blind eye to the fact that most of the terrorism it endlessly bangs on about is funded from Riyadh.

International politics is a ****ing horror film script that never ends.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663