Preston Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye and theres others out there more suitable for us than NW...IMO

yup there probably is, but im still fairly impressed with wortho and his attitude to the club.

I agree with Lako, I won't be too disappointed if NW is offered a full time contract

I didn't think I would be agreeing with this sentiment, but he has done a lot in just a few days. He must be in the running now (especially if we do well over the last two games)

Fickle fans! :) One win and our minds made up! This is what happened when Kelly went on a decent run and look what happened after that!

Fickle fans! :) One win and our minds made up! This is what happened when Kelly went on a decent run and look what happened after that!

I think he has done a job but I don't want him full time

my point of view is nothing to do with the win.

There's a difference. Kelly's team went on a run immediately, playing the same football etc, just battling harder. NW's team is playing differently, training differently, disciplined differently etc etc. It took 2 games to take effect, but fans could see the difference even though we lost those two. Mattock has made a big difference and Newton is looking a different player.

I said from day one that Kelly was going through a "honeymoon period" so I'm glad you're not taking the context of my above post and including me in the fickle group

There's a difference. Kelly's team went on a run immediately, playing the same football etc, just battling harder. NW's team is playing differently, training differently, disciplined differently etc etc. It took 2 games to take effect, but fans could see the difference even though we lost those two. Mattock has made a big difference and Newton is looking a different player.

I said from day one that Kelly was going through a "honeymoon period" so I'm glad you're not taking the context of my above post and including me in the fickle group

I think he should be considered for the job full time but not given it:)

I think he should be considered for the job full time but not given it:)
Same here, I'm not saying I'd appoint him, I'm saying I won't be disappointed if we do. We need to find the right man for the team, if MM thinks he is, then so be it.

Such as?

NW has lots of experience at this level, and has achieved promotion to the Premiership before.
Some of the favourites for the job, Coleman, Ince etc don't have that experience.

Agreed. I wouldn't be dissapointed but I think I have made that clear before.

You can not compare the two IMO! Kelly had everything to prove...we know what NW has done and can do given backing.

Unfair to judge everyone by Kelly's standards and silly to think that a world class manager is going to manage us. He has a lot of experience of this league and of getting out of this league...I'm happy with that.

Such as?

NW has lots of experience at this level, and has achieved promotion to the Premiership before.
Some of the favourites for the job, Coleman, Ince etc don't have that experience.

Doesn't mean to say they wouldn't be any good,what experience had Roy Keane had ? I think some of us are get a little carried away because we won one match and now think NW should be given the freedom of the City.Like I said I think he should be considered for the job but not automatically given it

some of us are get a little carried away because we won one match and now think NW should be given the freedom of the City.Like I said I think he should be considered for the job but not automatically given it
I have seen no mention of Freedom of the City until you bought it up, I put it to you H, that you are the only one getting carried away :102: :icon_wink

I have seen no mention of Freedom of the City until you bought it up, I put it to you H, that you are the only one getting carried away :102: :icon_wink

Nah I'm just bored,pissing down with rain here can't get out feel like the walls are closing in on me.I'm not really that bothered who manages us:102:

Re: Preston Match Thread - Saturday 21st April 2007 / 3PM @ Deepdale

Would a point for both us and Barnsley make us both safe next Saturday......

Only if Leeds don't get 3 points at home to Ipswich. I believe Barnsley have a smiliar goal difference to Leeds.

screw the draw - I would rather we go for the win and lose.. I think we're safe now anyway - can't see leeds beating both ipswich and derby. Just think.. Derby Vs Leeds - a leeds win could keep both teams in this division - a Derby win could send them up and leeds down..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669