Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got ps2 version. It's good... but pretty samey to old versions. I guess the game is optimised for ps3 and 360?

Someone convince me to buy it on the 360 tomorrow, anyone got it on the 360 yet? :102:

Got ps2 version. It's good... but pretty samey to old versions. I guess the game is optimised for ps3 and 360?

Wooooah steady on - you might be accused of being biased.

Clear off.

:icon_wink

Well it's good as always but a lot more fecking harder.

Lovely stuff

It feels like a completly different game on the PS3.
In a good way though.
One thing though is that the picture seems very shaky, could that be down to the fact I'm not playing it on a HD t.v.?

In a good way though.
One thing though is that the picture seems very shaky, could that be down to the fact I'm not playing it on a HD t.v.?
possibly-i noticed the main improvement on the 360 for pes6 was the gameplay felt alot smoother and slicker then the ps2-probably the same with the ps3 game.

Got it today and have played it a couple of times so far on the 360.

Basically seems to be near the exact same game, even though I really like Pro I have to say I feel like I have slightly wasted £40.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, Gamestation are running an offer where you can get PES 2008 for half-price on any format when ordered with any other game. I just pre-order Call of Duty 4 and ordered this for £60 delivered to my door! Happy days! :026:

Last edited:
In a good way though.

The PS3 version of the game is flawed, i assume because you said the screen is shaking that you are playing it in a wide screen camera angle? on the ps3 version this creates lag and means the game is no longer smooth as it should be. it happens to a lesser extent on the default camera angle.

One of the ways of reducing this is to install the game on to your ps3 while actually on the pro evo game, (takes a couple of minutes but well worth the effort).

The one line game is piss poor and Konami have admitted to this and are trying to fix the problem.

All in all a rushed job that is not better than the previous ps2 version, and with all that power to use an abuse on the ps3 it is almost criminal.

2/10 for effort, still better than fifa though :018:

Last edited:
One of the ways of reducing this is to install the game on to your ps3 while actually on the pro evo game, (takes a couple of minutes but well worth the effort).

Sorry not really sure what you mean?

Sorry not really sure what you mean?

ill do you a step by step guide later, quite easy though, just go in to the settings on pro evo game and click on install, which transfers the game on to your hard drive, you still need to put the disk in when playing but runs a whole lot smoother. :)

ill do you a step by step guide later, quite easy though, just go in to the settings on pro evo game and click on install, which transfers the game on to your hard drive, you still need to put the disk in when playing but runs a whole lot smoother. :)

Ok cheers :038:

The PS3 version is not that bad online is shocking but both versions sound like they are suffering from the same issues :eek:

I've had no slowdown problems with my ps3. I have an LCD Samsung and running it through a HDMI cable. Its perfect??? Not tried online yet though. The game is brilliant though. Not much of leap, more of a really polished version of PES6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669