Proposed vBookie change

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna make a bet anyone wanna tell me how?

Click on vBookie at the top of the page. Should be clear from there, but don't hesitate to come back if it isn't.

this seems a good idea jeff.

On reflection, Jeff, I'm not so sure. A whole week could be a long time to go without any vcash, even if you are going to get v£100 at the end of it.

It might be better to have a look at how the actual loophole can be closed:

At the moment if somebody has got no stash, they get v£20 when a new event is posted. This happens even if they have bets pending - and can not therefore be really said to be broke. Is there any way of making it only give the v£20 when somebody has no stash AND no pending wagers?

Can the system be set to allow the v£20 to be given no more than once every 24 hours?

Alternatively (or additionally) it might be a good idea to just instruct mods that they may only take advantage of the additional hand-out no more than once in a 24-hour period.

I don't really think that the system is broken - more that it has been broken and it should be easy enough to ensure that that does not continue. It did work well until the loop-hole was found.

Or possibly mods should be banned from betting on their own books - that would solve it.

Is there any way of making it only give the v£20 when somebody has no stash AND no pending wagers?

Can the system be set to allow the v£20 to be given no more than once every 24 hours?

Not without major changes to the program - and as I didn't write the program I'm not sure if it's something I could do myself.

I don't really think that the system is broken - more that it has been broken and it should be easy enough to ensure that that does not continue. It did work well until the loop-hole was found.

The reason I suggested this change was nothing to do with mods taking advantage of the loophole (I didn't even realise it had been happening), the loophole has always been something I've been aware of but I didn't think it mattered when we only had a couple of events a week to bet on.
I suggested it because I think it would be a fairer system for everyone.

So you could win the V Bookie without placing a bet if you saved your £100 every week?

So you could win the V Bookie without placing a bet if you saved your £100 every week?

Highly unlikely, but possible. The 100Vcash would mean someone could amount approx 1300vcash in a season without betting.

Looking back at the previous winners this would not have been high enough to win a vbookie season.

Is anybody really too bothered, it's only a bit of fun FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669