Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some data I've tried to pull together:

Since January Leicester City have failed to win at home in the league. Opponents have included: Swansea, Stoke, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Southampton

In the two games Claude Puel has managed against Roy Hodgson the combined score is 8-0

Since January 1 City have averaged 1.07 points per game. Extrapolated over a season this would leave them likely relegated

In said time frame Leicester have scored first in 3 out of 13 games. The last coming on March 31st. Prior to that it was February 7th.

Again, in said time frame they have conceded first on 8 occasions. Losing 5 and winning only once during those games.

Same period again: 4 clean sheets from 13

Same period: Only two players other than Mahrez or Vardy have scored - Iborra (2) and Nacho.

Same period: knocked out of FA Cup and missed out on a european spot

Basically, the results and performances aren't good enough and haven't been in 2018.

Since January 1 City have averaged 1.07 points per game. Extrapolated over a season this would leave them likely relegated

Based on the current table, that wouldn't lead to relegation. The bottom TEN teams have currently got a worse points per game record than that.
That's a reflection of how bad the teams outside the top five have been this season.

Based on the current table, that wouldn't lead to relegation. The bottom TEN teams have currently got a worse points per game record than that.
That's a reflection of how bad the teams outside the top five have been this season.

This season an outlier though?

Also, "likely"

1.07 points a game is 40.66 in a season.

40 points has been good enough to stay up every season since 1997, when Sunderland went down with 40.

So it's very unlikely we'd go down with an average of 1.07 points a game.
Puelis in!

We have 18 points from our last 18 league games. I've got my doubts about us picking up another point from the last 3 games. It's possible of course as our next two opponents are complete shite, but that's not stopped anyone against us recently.

If we end the season with 18 points from 21 games, that would equate to 32-33 points for a full season which is not fecking enough in any season.

Oh, and that includes the likes of Mahrez and Vardy creating and scoring goals. If the clown stays for next season, I'd bet those two won't be here to bail him out any more.

Puelis out!

All any win will do is strengthen Puel's position.

A win, a draw, a defeat; none of them will make the slightest difference. The die is cast, we're just waiting to see which way it falls. It's impossible to believe that a single result will cause a change of mind either way.

40 points has been good enough to stay up every season since 1997, when Sunderland went down with 40.

Probably was the target at the start of the season too as we chose to go into the season without a manager.

I love a bit of pendantary.

40.66 isn’t good enough.

He’s in the hall of fame with Taylor, Holloway, Pleat and Sousa for me.

Which on paper is harsh given we are comfortable.

But I’m telling you...if this bloke gets the summer we will be relegated by Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669