Question for Foxes trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Forgive me if I missed it, but what happened to that huge questionnaire we were asked to fill in by the club, asking for our feedback on all sorts of things

Have you ever been given the results ?
If not, do you know if they are ever going to be published ?

ta

Everyone must have asked for 'We will rock you' to be played before K.O. :wink: and no drinks at Half time :cry:

Bobby Smith said:
Everyone must have asked for 'We will rock you' to be played before K.O. :wink: and no drinks at Half time :cry:

No drinks at any time, surely?
I got to the ground at 2.30. There was no bottled water in the (posh) West stand........... :(

homer said:
Forgive me if I missed it, but what happened to that huge questionnaire we were asked to fill in by the club, asking for our feedback on all sorts of things

Have you ever been given the results ?
If not, do you know if they are ever going to be published ?

ta

We have been promised by the club that at least we will see the results. (All past survey results haven't been published).

The survey was more comprehensive this time, partly due to us being consulted on the first draft & recommending additions /changes which were mainly taken on board

We have it on our list for the next meeting with the club.

Cheers FT

I think all fans would like to see the outcome of that survey - there were a few searching questions on it.

Keep pressing them for it, on our behalf

homer said:
Cheers FT

I think all fans would like to see the outcome of that survey - there were a few searching questions on it.

Keep pressing them for it, on our behalf

Further to this, we were copied in on correspondence with a fan over the last 24 hours, as a reply to one of the issues raised which was about the survey results the club stated "will be widely publicised warts and all"

The new songs seemed to go down well on Saturday!
Can the foxestrust not do anymore to encourage a better atmosphere at the Walkers?

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Can the foxestrust not do anymore to encourage a better atmosphere at the Walkers?

Really? I never heard one!!

Foxes_Never_Quit said:

Get Filbert Street back.

Personally didn't hear any of the player songs but we have been told that both the Keown & connolly songs were aired.

Would welcome any suggestions on how we could improve the atmosphere.

Is it worth us getting the player songs + other old favourites printed & handed out?
- would they be used & accepted or just treated with disdain by fans saying the Trust is trying to tell what to sign (we aren't just want tom increase the noise, not via the PA)

I think it is worth getting the old favourites printed out to remind people, but i don't think people will sing the new player songs even if they were printed out. These players will surely have a song over time.

What the Walkers needs is a drummer! Not a shit one like they have at Derby (reading etc), but they can be good. I go to a lot of Wycombe games and they have a drummer and the atmosphere is much better.

I appreciate everything that is being done here, and I wouldn't argue against it

BUT singing at football matches comes from the heart, and comes from the passion you have when watching your team play - it does not come from having a song list given out and trying to orchestrate a chorus artificially.

Go to Pride Park tonight and listen to the amount of singing that comes from the Leicester fans. In fact, go to almost any away game this year and you will hear exactly what you used to hear at Filbert Street before it became an all seater stadium.

It's not that fans don't know the words. Even if they didn't, they would still sing along and make them up (I know I did when I was child)

There are other reasons

Such as the new layout at the Walkers. Fancy sitting the away fans next to the Family stand ? What genius came up with that idea ?

Such as the appalling and embarrassing pre match and half time "entertainment". Listening to We Will Rock You and Carmina Berana does not inspire me to sing

Such as the contempt shown by the club in general to its fans - hardly engenders passion, does it ?

And maybe some people got so hacked off last year with the passion shown by some players that any pasion they themselves had was distinguished in a flash

Distribute songsheets if you wish, but don't be too surprised if they end up strewn all over Filbert Way

Foxes_Trust said:
Personally didn't hear any of the player songs but we have been told that both the Keown & connolly songs were aired.

Would welcome any suggestions on how we could improve the atmosphere.

Is it worth us getting the player songs + other old favourites printed & handed out?
- would they be used & accepted or just treated with disdain by fans saying the Trust is trying to tell what to sign (we aren't just want tom increase the noise, not via the PA)

I think Birch announcing the team on Saturday worked O.K, but what followed was embarassing. I don't think handing out song sheets would be a bad idea but it has a cost involved and I personally wouldn't sing from a song sheet.

What would help is to get Birch to actually tell the truth and say that the vocal support isn't all I could be, I would respond to that. Telling the fans that their support is great I'm sure doesn't help matters at all, what Roy Keane said worked for M. United.

Maybe you have the powers to bring this into the media? The Mercury are always looking for stories, maybe you could start a debate on this? I am sure if it was done in a non critical way the Leicester public would respond. 'Why is The Walkers Quiet?' e.g. Get them to produce one of their famous car stickers 'Sing up for the Foxes'.

Bit late for this but the Filbo Kop was loud because of the type of people who gathered there. The failure to make the new kop a place for adults (with no concessions) I think is the cause of the silence. I can't see the club going back on this mistake.

Other than moving the away fans to where they should be or getting Mr Foulger to chant down a megaphone in front of the kop I don't see any quick fix.

It's nice to know that it's not just me that misses the atmosphere, Thanks FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669