Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've asked very nicely every time.

I think we are being a little too unkind to the Trust and suggest a period of calm reflection to allow us to appreciate all the excellent work that the FT is achieving.

I think we are being a little too unkind to the Trust and suggest a period of calm reflection to allow us to appreciate all the excellent work that the FT is achieving.

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Sarcastic fecker!

I thought it was about 500 the last time they owned up

Suspect it's fallen since then, and will continue to do so as and when people's subs renewal time comes around

Thanks for the answer

I thought it was about 500 the last time they owned up

Suspect it's fallen since then, and will continue to do so as and when people's subs renewal time comes around

I just wonder whether the club is aware the massive scale of this organisation. Is the Trust under-selling itself? Surely, with its membership representing such a significant proportion of the club's fan base and its financial strength following the windfall from the lucrative sale of its stakeholding in the club, it should be having an even bigger say in the running of LCFC.

Not only would it be interesting to discover how many people are members of the Trust - but I'd also like to know how many of them are season ticket holders.

I'm beginning to get the niggling feeling that their research sample for their surveys is really shit.

the FT did hold the record of being the biggest trust on record - not that helps the discussion here
Woooo...that's dedication.

record.jpg

How many members were at the trust AGM?

All joking apart.

The Trust is composed with Leicester City supporters like the rest of us.

But its moment came and went with Administration through to the Mandaric takeover when it had to give up its small stakeholding.

My guess is there is now a small self-perpetuating group who keep it ticking over and get a bit of oxygen from time to time out of being a handy source of a quote for the Mockery etc.

Big time football needs big time finance. We are small time now but if we are to recover it certainly won't be in any way because of what the Foxes Trust says or does. or dossnt say or do I have had a go about them for the lack of judgement that they showed regarding the potential opportunity to bring in Warnock to sort out the football club but even I don't really believe that the Trust was critical in that matter.

They aren't going to go away - and good luck to them, but they aren't going to achieve much either.

Why the reluctance to put information into the public domain? After all, it's a perfectly simple question, how many members does the Trust have? Why can't you answer it?

We don't believe it's a vital bit of information to release or that by doing so it will change anyone's own perception of the Trust good or bad.

When our membership peaked at 3,400, our critics still claimed the membership level was not high enough to represent the fans, while those commited to the beliefs that the Trusts hold will remain members.

Redditch questions the relevance & the needs of big finance for big time football. Fans backed the money of Milan Mandaric's takeover and now we find ourselves in League One.

By contrast, Stockport County are a Trust ran & owned club and through a successful season just gone, also compete in League One next year.

We don't believe it's a vital bit of information to release or that by doing so it will change anyone's own perception of the Trust good or bad.

But, refusal to release the information certainly does affect the overall perception of the Trust, negatively.

I don't believe it is vital either. It was simply a question I wanted answered in a thread where the FT says it will answer questions.

Even if the numbers have fallen dramatically from their high, it's no need to be ashamed, faith is easier with honesty.

It's just another piece of information the foxes trust can with-hold. Remeber during the takeover? The incessant claims of 'I know more than you do.....but I'm not going to say'.
I've always found the trust evasive, bordering on suspicious, with an inflated opinion of thier importance.

When our membership peaked at 3,400, our critics still claimed the membership level was not high enough to represent the fans, while those commited to the beliefs that the Trusts hold will remain members.

Redditch questions the relevance & the needs of big finance for big time football. Fans backed the money of Milan Mandaric's takeover and now we find ourselves in League One.

By contrast, Stockport County are a Trust ran & owned club and through a successful season just gone, also compete in League One next year.
You may not believe it is vital, but the question was asked, and your constant avoidance in giving an answer, as Macky states, does your organisation no favours.

With regards to Stockport's Trust, Leicester City is not the same. For a start, the turnovers of the two clubs are different. Collectively, what qualifications does the FT have that would enable it to successfully run a business with a turnover the size of City's? You may have started out with good intentions, but unless this football club continues on this decline, then I do not see the need for a Trust. I never have done, and have seen nothing to change my mind.

We don't believe it's a vital bit of information to release or that by doing so it will change anyone's own perception of the Trust good or bad

It is fairly obvious that not answering the question has harmed the trust just from looking at this thread.

The level of membership makes huge difference to the relevance of your surveys of membership, as an example you told the club that it shouldn't appoint a manager based on a survey of your members but you cannot tell us or the club how many members you have, the amount that voted etc, you seem to be making suggestions to the club based on a tiny minorities opinions.

The drop in trust membership should tell you that the trust is no longer relevant to the majority of fans, your key goal (getting a seat on the board) is no longer achieveable and you weren't exactly doing a great job of achieving it when it was (you had about 3 years to raise £100,000 to get on the board and didn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669