Quorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, but judging by City Fan's comments he was linking all the stupidness together. I can assure you none of the lads I was standing with made any of those comments. :icon_lol:

City Fan made no mention of anybody's age, only you did.

Everytime I read a comment about a young Leicester fan on here it's referring to the "Mongs at Sheff United" "Mongs that took their shoes off".
And the ones at Stoke that almost took my head off with a flying bottle.

Everytime I read a comment about a young Leicester fan on here it's referring to the "Mongs at Sheff United" "Mongs that took their shoes off".

Since when did 'mong' mean young person? :102:

The way I saw it was mainly blokes throwing bottles, but I agree that was out of order.
TBF, you are right. Seemed to be mostly older people, with the younger ones watching in admiration.

I'm probably not completely up-to-date with the definition, but when I've seen it used it's been in reference to some of the younger fans.

When ever I've seen it, it's been in reference to the mongs, not to the younger fans.

Why did they take the toilet roll? Were they expecting an exciting game?

I am not young but i like booze and to take my shoes off.

Hate me if you must.

No i never went to the game (dogging night) and no i have nothing constructive to add to this forum.....however i would like to take this opportunity to express an interest in joining a swingers group in the MK area. If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

Sappleton, 3? Did he strut about like a young Emile Heskey? His scoring record seems reasonable, is he any good?

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1350594,00.html

Quorn 4-8 Leicester City
Posted on: Thu 24 Jul 2008

Leicester City continued their pre-season preparations with an emphatic 8-4 victory against Quorn on Thursday evening.

The Foxes named a young starting line-up at Sutton Park and almost fell behind in the third minute, but Luke O'Neill was on hand to clear Brett Darby's volley.

This triggered an onslaught which would see City six goals ahead by the break.

A poor kick by goalkeeper Michael Payne gifted Leicester the lead inside nine minutes - trialist Milos Malenovic charged the ball down and watched as it looped into the empty net.

Reneil Sappleton and Levi Porter both came close to doubling the advantage before a misjudged cross by Alex Cisak allowed Justin Jenkins to draw the home side level in the twelfth minute.

Porter capped a mazy run five minutes later by picking out Sappleton inside the area who restored Leicester's lead with the aid of a deflection.

Sappleton then turned provider as his through ball found Eric Odhiambo who slotted the ball underneath the on-rushing keeper to make it 3-1.

Andy King was felled inside the box on thirty minutes by Payne who could only watch as Sappleton struck home Leicester's forth from the penalty spot.

Porter's second assist of the evening came in the 35th minute when he teed up King who guided his twenty-five yard volley into the top corner of the goal.

Sappleton completed his hat-trick in the 37th minute before King grabbed his second after connecting with a cross from O'Neill - the Foxes 7-1 up going into the break.

Substitute Billy McKay threatened to extend Leicester's lead further after the restart but it was Quorn who struck next - Liam Hearn breaking free from the Foxes back line and converting in the 60th minute.

But McKay didn't have to wait long and made no mistake from six yards when Porter found the striker in front of goal in the 62nd minute.

A late rally from Quron saw Hearn (63) record his second before setting up Liam Turner (69) to restore some pride for the home side.

Leicester City return to pre-season action on Saturday when they visit Kettering Town.

City: Cisak (45 Pentney), Rowe-Turner, Garner, Magunda (68 Burns), O'Neill, Porter, King A, Hellings, Odhiambo, Sappleton (72 King C), Trialist (45 McKay)

Last edited:
8-4 full time, just got home, the bloke on trial was an ATT called ''sergio ceasar'' if i caught his name correctly. scored the first but didnt do too much more.

goals by

Ceasar
king
McKay
Odhiambo
sappelton (3)
(1 other that i couldnt hear who scored because of their rubbish sound system)

ok dont have a clue where i got that name from as that is not the name of the bloke on trial, wasnt just me the ppl around me thought he said the same so not sure what happened there. name is Milos Malenovic.

oh its not as bad as i feared. i thought we put out a really strong team and we just can't defend. i wonder if MM has anything to do with that trialist getting here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669