R.e.s.p.e.c.t

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a trend developing where syd uses words that he thinks are someway impressive, but which he patently doesn't really understand the meaning of.

I love to see the sort of person who ends their sentences in prepositions and utilises the word 'someway' reprimanding me on 'hussy' and 'Cinzano'. Impertinent proles really shouldn't get involved in lexical face-offs. It'll end in tears.

Oh, and Merry Christmas everybody etc. etc....

And before you say anything, yes I know 'someway' is a word. A lazy American bastardisation of a word used by people too idle to reach for the space bar. We really should get back to that nasty working class football language you all moaned at me so much for defending last week. Up the City rah rah rah...

Syd this is the Internet. :icon_bigg The First Amendment rules on this forum so relax and enjoy. Merry Christmas. :114:

I love to see the sort of person who ends their sentences in prepositions and utilises the word 'someway' reprimanding me on 'hussy' and 'Cinzano'. Impertinent proles really shouldn't get involved in lexical face-offs. It'll end in tears.

This is from the man who constructed the sentence 'atavistic hordes chanting "racist"'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Stop talking like a **** 'lexical face-offs'?!?!?!?!?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is from the man who constructed the sentence 'atavistic hordes chanting "racist"'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Stop talking like a **** 'lexical face-offs'?!?!?!?!?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is the Internet. :icon_bigg :114: You may speak but no-one will hear you. :icon_wink

This is the Internet. :icon_bigg :114: You may speak but no-one will hear you. :icon_wink

Yes, this is the Internets and there will always be a bigger **** waiting to prove their ****iness

<RandomPoster1>INSULT
<RandomPoster2> RETORT
<RandomPoster1> COUNTER-RETORT
<RandomPoster2> QUESTIONING OF SEXUAL PREFERENCE
<RandomPoster1> SUGGESTION TO SHUT THE **** UP
<RandomPoster2> NOTATION THAT YOU CREATE A VACUUM
<RandomPoster1> RIPOSTE
<RandomPoster2> ADDON RIPOSTE
<RandomPoster1> COUNTER-RIPOSTE
<RandomPoster2> COUNTER-COUNTER RIPOSTE
<RandomPoster1> NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON
<RandomPoster2> COMPARISON TO HITLER
<Local Moderator> RESPONSE TO RANDOM STATEMENT AND THREAT TO BAN OPPOSING SIDES
<RandomPoster1> WORDS OF PRAISE FOR FISHFOOD

Last edited:
I love to see the sort of person who ends their sentences in prepositions and utilises the word 'someway' reprimanding me on 'hussy' and 'Cinzano'.
There is no reason a sentence should not end in a preposition. It's an arbitrary guideline laid down by people who don't understand what prepositions are or what they do. You should read more.
Oh, and Merry Christmas everybody etc. etc....
Merry Christmas to you too, syd :038:
Syd this is the Internet. :icon_bigg The First Amendment rules on this forum so relax and enjoy. Merry Christmas. :114:
First Amendment to what?

<RandomPoster1>INSULT
<RandomPoster2> RETORT
<RandomPoster1> COUNTER-RETORT
<RandomPoster2> QUESTIONING OF SEXUAL PREFERENCE
<RandomPoster1> SUGGESTION TO SHUT THE **** UP
<RandomPoster2> NOTATION THAT YOU CREATE A VACUUM
<RandomPoster1> RIPOSTE
<RandomPoster2> ADDON RIPOSTE
<RandomPoster1> COUNTER-RIPOSTE
<RandomPoster2> COUNTER-COUNTER RIPOSTE
<RandomPoster1> NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON
<RandomPoster2> COMPARISON TO HITLER
<Local Moderator> RESPONSE TO RANDOM STATEMENT AND THREAT TO BAN OPPOSING SIDES
<RandomPoster1> WORDS OF PRAISE FOR FISHFOOD

You forgot the bit about the promise to meet up in real life and 'sort' each other out!

There is no reason a sentence should not end in a preposition. It's an arbitrary guideline laid down by people who don't understand what prepositions are or what they do. You should read more.

You should read Fowler's English Usage. Or one of Orwell's essays on English stylistics.

I think the enlightened reader would have identified irony, once again, in what I was saying. None of us speaks perfect guvnor, best not get narky bout evryone elses English, or what the savages sing down the Walkers, cus if you do sum1 wots cleverer than u might make u look like a right knob.

You should read Fowler's English Usage. Or one of Orwell's essays on English stylistics.

I think the enlightened reader would have identified irony, once again, in what I was saying. None of us speaks perfect guvnor, best not get narky bout evryone elses English, or what the savages sing down the Walkers, cus if you do sum1 wots cleverer than u might make u look like a right knob.

Now I've heard about two lots of Spinners the cardigan brigade from the UK and the Soul singers from the USA but English Stylistics?
These American ones are those that I relate to

Attachments

• stylistics.jpg
    stylistics.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690