Not open for further replies.
Play the ressies and kids.

Ward
Perez
Choudhury
Vestergaard
Brunt
Nelson
For example. May be a good chance to look at Alves.

Theoretically a good place to give Fofana some minutes.

Knowing Rodgers he will play Tielemans, Maddison and Ricardo

Play the ressies and kids.

Ward
Perez
Choudhury
Vestergaard
Brunt
Nelson
For example. May be a good chance to look at Alves.

Theoretically a good place to give Fofana some minutes.

Knowing Rodgers he will play Tielemans, Maddison and Ricardo
It is absolutely nailed on the one of Tielemans, Lookman or Ricardo will get injured in this game.

At least Nacho will get his bi-monthly mercy start so Daka is rested and ready to terrorise Burnley’s back 8.

Hopefully the team for Burnley will be picked before this, and nobody is in both starting lineups.

Hopefully the team for Burnley will be picked before this, and nobody is in both starting lineups.
I don’t think it’ll be possible given our injuries.

Ward

Vestergaard
Choudhury
??

Soumare
Brunt
Mendy
??
??

Perez
Nacho

I genuinely would play the kids in the open spots, but I’d imagine we see Amartey slot in a back 3.

You lot do realise we only have a three goal lead?

Yep. I think you're half joking, but I do think (and hope) Brendan will see it that way too.

Some resting and rotation is needed but we can't go change the whole side and play the kids - we need to take this competition seriously to try and get a Europa League spot for next season.

Going out because we do the football equivalent of the tortoise and the hare would be an absolute embarrassment for Brendan, and probably finish him off here.

I don’t think it’ll be possible given our injuries.

Ward

Vestergaard
Choudhury
??

Soumare
Brunt
Mendy
??
??

Perez
Nacho

I genuinely would play the kids in the open spots, but I’d imagine we see Amartey slot in a back 3.
would like to see Brunt get more game time tbh.

I wouldn't trust the younger players or Ward in goal. Mendy isn't in the squad.

So, Schmeichel, Vestergaard, Soumare, Choudhury, Perez and Iheanacho should start.

Then add in a few more regular players (Lookman, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton) that haven't been overplayed this season or need protecting. Then I'd go with Thomas and Maddison.

Schmeichel
Albrighton Choudhury Vestergaard Thomas
Dewsbury-Hall Soumare
Perez Maddison Lookman
Iheanacho

I wouldn't trust the younger players or Ward in goal. Mendy isn't in the squad.

So, Schmeichel, Vestergaard, Soumare, Choudhury, Perez and Iheanacho should start.

Then add in a few more regular players (Lookman, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton) that haven't been overplayed this season or need protecting. Then I'd go with Thomas and Maddison.

Schmeichel
Albrighton Choudhury Vestergaard Thomas
Dewsbury-Hall Soumare
Perez Maddison Lookman
Iheanacho
I agree, other than to say I'd rather not have to play Maddison, so I'd be tempted to put Nacho a touch deeper, with Daka up top.

Number one objective to me should be a clean sheet and minimal shots at goal allowed. Just to get into the habit of defensive (and midfield) solidity.

With that in mind I’d be tempting to go with the back four he intends to use for Burnley to try and get a semblance of consistency going.

Yep. I think you're half joking, but I do think (and hope) Brendan will see it that way too.

Some resting and rotation is needed but we can't go change the whole side and play the kids - we need to take this competition seriously to try and get a Europa League spot for next season.

Going out because we do the football equivalent of the tortoise and the hare would be an absolute embarrassment for Brendan, and probably finish him off here.
There’s no point getting a Europa League spot if Rodgers remains in charge.

There’s no point getting a Europa League spot if Rodgers remains in charge.
So what you are saying is we are better off not being successful if Rodgers is in charge?

Trying to find an anagram of Brendan Rodgers, got as far as Randers bodger but there’s a spare N and I’m really ****ed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566