Ranieri out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people forgetting that these same players won the league last season AS WELL as the manager? Why the resolute backing of the manager
A look at the table will tell you that our destiny is still in our own hands.

We won the league under Ranieri. I'm struggling to believe that he has lost the dressing room and instead prefer to believe they will do all in their power to keep us up and protect both theirs' and Ranieri's reputations.

And yes, if we can't believe in miracles now, when the hell can we!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so in your own words, we need a miracle.

Fair question. It's the following for me:

Ranieri has spent almost his entire career doing well with big clubs in big leagues. Before last season this set of players did nothing to suggest they would get close to anything Ranieri had ever achieved. As Carragher sakd after today's match a "they're not that good".

It is also beyond anything I'm willing to believe that Ranieri has told them to stop running, to stop moving off the ball when on the attack, and to remain completely static when being attacked. All of that stuff is down to the players when they're on the pitch.

Additionally, it seemsquite possible that average players who have won more than they dared dream of might experience a change in mentality as a result. Perhaps doubly so for those who have benefited from massive payrises. Some or them seemingly wanted to leave last summer and we chucked money at them to keep them at the club.

My judgement might be wrong but it's the one I've come to. It seems the most likely of all hypotheses to me. Supported by what to me looks like an obvious lack of effort on the pitch. Seriously, they're not even pretending to try. I've never seen anything like it before.

So? They are performing as poorly as us at the minute. As Durham said, it's about form.
I think you are losing it Matt, some truly bizarre shit.

Ranieri will always be a hero for what he achieved last season but needs putting out of his misery now for the long term good of the club.
The nightmare scenario - which is quite likely - is that we replace Ranieri with whoever is out of a job at the moment and still go down. Then we have traded one of the most competent managers we've had in recent history for more chaos and uncertainty. More importantly, we are then officially back into the managerial merry-go-round that we have had since MON. I would hate that.

Well Fitz, we need to believe it or what is the point? Last season we thought it probably impossible until Man City away, then I think even the most negative/glass half empty fan began to dream.

We aren't in the bottom three and marooned are we?

We have been shocking this season, maybe a win in the FA Cup will give us impetus, maybe the CL, the premier league isn't painting by numbers, it twists and turns when least expected.

Hull have been written off selling the family silver and yet how did they win away at Anfueld this very weekend, last season Spurs were matching us blow for blow until about three games to go - what happened to them?

The script is never followed and I firmly believe we will turn this round.

Yeah. Back in the day I'd book my away day even after travelling from Edingburgh to Plymouth to watch us be shit. The desperate hope kept me going. This season if you offered me an away game at Arse or the like for 50p I'd have to excuse myself as id be washing what is left of my hair. I've no optimism about this lot. It's not that they aren't good enough it's more they couldn't give a ****. Even McGivern seemed to give a **** when he was dire. Leecov said it pretty well for me.

You're right though. We need some confidence to get through til May. My glass is half empty and purely containing piss at the mo though.

Yeah. Back in the day I'd book my away day even after travelling from Edingburgh to Plymouth to watch us be shit. The desperate hope kept me going. This season if you offered me an away game at Arse or the like for 50p I'd have to excuse myself as id be washing what is left of my hair. I've no optimism about this lot. It's not that they aren't good enough it's more they couldn't give a ****. Even McGivern seemed to give a **** when he was dire. Leecov said it pretty well for me.

You're right though. We need some confidence to get through til May. My glass is half empty and purely containing piss at the mo though.
I can relate to all of that. It just doesn't sit in any way confortably for us to sack our manager after his achievements and it is disloyal.

I thought LCFC set itself apart over recent years by doing things right - from buying fans food, subsidising away fans, free clappers, putting money into the community and so forth.

At the first sign of shit the answer isn't to change our manager - it is to galvanise the club and if this means sending players to Coventry - completely against what all other clubs do - then so be it.

When we look back at this era (relegation to L1 and onwards) I would like to see that we acted correctly, with dignity, passion, loyalty and integrity. Sacking CR will in my opinion sour a number of these sentiments.

Worrying post match interview from Kasper. His refusal to come out and say words to the effect of, 'we are all behind the manager' when directly asked if there was a problem, is all the subtext you need.

I think too many of these guys are now too big for their limited talent filled boots.

I still love Claudio. My only criticism is that we really spectacularly failed to strengthen this team in the summer.

I can relate to all of that. It just doesn't sit in any way confortably for us to sack our manager after his achievements and it is disloyal.

I thought LCFC set itself apart over recent years by doing things right - from buying fans food, subsidising away fans, free clappers, putting money into the community and so forth.

At the first sign of shit the answer isn't to change our manager - it is to galvanise the club and if this means sending players to Coventry - completely against what all other clubs do - then so be it.

When we look back at this era (relegation to L1 and onwards) I would like to see that we acted correctly, with dignity, passion, loyalty and integrity. Sacking CR will in my opinion sour a number of these sentiments.

The last thing I want is Claudio gone. That man has done more for us fans than a midweek defeat at some now non league club ever could. My beef is with the players. It doesn't go beyond that at the mo.

It's a strange one. I love the man and would advocate a statue of him being put outside the ground. However I just can't see anything but relegation if he stays.

I keep thinking back to the great escape season. We rarely lost by more than 2 goals (if at all?), and we were always competitive even in defeat. We've just lost three of the last four games 3-0. Something has to change, but unfortunately we can't just get rid of 25 players in February.

Yep. Lack of effort has been one of the issues since the first game at Hull. This is something that the manager needs to address by dropping whomever isnt working hard enough. You can't sack the whole team but you can sack the manager for a fresh start. Mancini, Pellegrini, Benitez? Hiddink? Worst case scenario we have Shakespeare in charge while we look into who is the best to take the club forward....

It's a strange one. I love the man and would advocate a statue of him being put outside the ground. However I just can't see anything but relegation if he stays.

I keep thinking back to the great escape season. We rarely lost by more than 2 goals (if at all?), and we were always competitive even in defeat. We've just lost three of the last four games 3-0. Something has to change, but unfortunately we can't just get rid of 25 players in February.

That we were "competitive" that season is a myth. We were awful. We played loads of negative football. Four central midfielders at home to West Brom. The disgraceful FA Cup exit at Villa Park. We were bottom for months because we deserved to be bottom for months.

We didn't lose by big margins but we created nothing and barely ever looked like scoring. I remember very clearly turning against Pearson after the defeat in the Cup at Villa Park because the tactical approach was so negative. Thankfully Pearson decided to change his approach when it seemed there was nothing left to lose, and the rest is history.

This season feels different. We are worse in many ways but I don't think it's the way we are setting up. The players just aren't up for it and that's unforgivable. The conclusion will be different too. We're gone.

We didn't lose by big margins but we created nothing and barely ever looked like scoring.

In that season I never once thought "we could play this game for 10 hours and we still won't score".

I've thought that in every game so far in 2017.

In that season I never once thought "we could play this game for 10 hours and we still won't score".

I've thought that in every game so far in 2017.

I thought it loads of times. We were abject. We were setting up for 0-0 draws in home games against inferior sides. We were shit. I have also thought it may times this season.

During both seasons we brought that upon ourselves. Pearson, though wrong, was doing it because he thought it was the best way of securing our top flight status. That's fair enough. This time the players just can't be bothered. That's not fair enough.

Here is my view.

There are big problems between players and the manager. This is evidenced clearly by lack of effort, and Kasper's comments. He was asked bluntly if there was a problem, and his silence spoke volumes. If all was well he would have said very clearly that everyone was behind the manager.

Claudio has basically told them what to do if they don't want to play for him. He has thrown down an ultimatum. That ultimatum is that if they have no faith in him they should go to the owners.

If they do, he is gone...he might be anyway.

Something went badly wrong here. Badly wrong. I would love to know, but I doubt it will come out.

I honestly do think that as things stand we are going to be relegated. I think that for the following reasons.

We have scored 1 goal in 7 games and a total of 0 (none, zip, nada) in 5. Our leading scorer last season Jamie (still perhaps at that party) Vardy has scored in 3 games out the last 21. Our talismanic creator from last season, Mahrez, has scored 0 (none, zip, nada) from open play.

What we have then is a team that plays counter attacking football without a counter attack. So in a nutshell, what we are in effect trying to do every game is just not concede. That ends only one way...

Relegation.

Make no mistake. This season is not like that great escape season. Not at all.

It's true, the 'great escape' was preceded by a period where we were playing consistently well yet losing. It was often remarked upon often; not too good to go down but acknowledgements that we were unlucky. Then our luck changed, we kept on believing and it changed.

This time, we're not even playing well and there seems to be no belief. We need 3 points at Swansea somehow, any how, not just for the points but to try and install some belief.

Once again, you've only read a snippet of the original post before you attempt a reply. If you read it again, I am very clear that I am not in favour of sacking the manager. I was making a point about how the feelings of most fans towards the players at present would more than likely turn on a sixpence IF Ranieri were to leave and IF we had some instant success. It was merely an example, albeit a rather far-fetched one, rather than a prediction. Just read things properly for goodness sake; it really isn't difficult.

You need to not throw hyperbolic hysteria into your posts. I read them and then comment on the parts that I think need comment.

The nightmare scenario - which is quite likely - is that we replace Ranieri with whoever is out of a job at the moment and still go down. Then we have traded one of the most competent managers we've had in recent history for more chaos and uncertainty. More importantly, we are then officially back into the managerial merry-go-round that we have had since MON. I would hate that.

Exactly my thoughts to popillius.

Yep. Lack of effort has been one of the issues since the first game at Hull. This is something that the manager needs to address by dropping whomever isnt working hard enough. You can't sack the whole team but you can sack the manager for a fresh start. Mancini, Pellegrini, Benitez? Hiddink? Worst case scenario we have Shakespeare in charge while we look into who is the best to take the club forward....

what's the point having shakespeare in charge?

"We're on our way, we're on our way,
To the Championship, we're on our way,
How'd we get there I do know,
The lads aren't playing for Claudio,
He really should be playing Demarai Grayyyy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690