Ranieri out

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are disturbing parallels between this thread and the current team. LondonFox claims anybody who disagrees with him is a moron while Fitz writes of Clownio.. They are our Vardy and Mahrez. Legends who have been brilliant in the past but are suddenly underperforming. When a team or thread is going badly it is interesting to notice who maintains high standards. So well done to Fif and to BrownNose.

I especially admired yackandandah's post He rightly sees the necessity for Claudio to make major changes in the summer whether we go down our not. I also picked him out ahead of good quotes from BrownNose and Fif because he is new to me and yet is outperforming famous names. I see him as the Demarai Grey of the forum - new but very promising.
Should we sack Jeff?

For me one great achievement shouldn't make Ranieri sack-proof. I don't really see Ranieri as a potential long term manager, he's too old for that anyway IMO. The job here at present is to help establish Leicester as a top flight club and that to me means we should be looking at atleast mid table for a few seasons.

I've got this fecking weird feeling we're gonna get relegated, Ranieri will walk, we'll wind up with Pearson again after he's made up with the owners for dissing their fellow countryman/ sacking his son and there we are back in 2011 at square one :rolleyes:
That's a good starting point when you think back.

There are disturbing parallels between this thread and the current team. LondonFox claims anybody who disagrees with him is a moron while Fitz writes of Clownio.. They are our Vardy and Mahrez.

I'm unbelievably lazy but not sure I'm that bad yet though.

There are disturbing parallels between this thread and the current team. LondonFox claims anybody who disagrees with him is a moron while Fitz writes of Clownio.. They are our Vardy and Mahrez. Legends who have been brilliant in the past but are suddenly underperforming. When a team or thread is going badly it is interesting to notice who maintains high standards. So well done to Fif and to BrownNose.

I especially admired yackandandah's post He rightly sees the necessity for Claudio to make major changes in the summer whether we go down our not. I also picked him out ahead of good quotes from BrownNose and Fif because he is new to me and yet is outperforming famous names. I see him as the Demarai Grey of the forum - new but very promising.
Please tell me I'm Mahrez

That's a good starting point when you think back.

Exactly. Sack or no sack, things could get better. They could also get a damn sight worse. At least we're not Coventry yet... maybe we'll wind up having to ground share the Ricoh one day.

(A)

(B)

Hmm. I am struggling to connect those two positions.

Call it instinct, 'flow', doing something without really knowing how you did it, seizing the moment, stumbling onto something good and having the nous to realise it and let it unfold. "I'd rather my generals were lucky than good."

Or alternatively I meant to write that it's becoming evident that he has no idea how to rectify things this season, but that isn't what I wrote, so that's a good point.

The only thing I'll say at this point. To Polaris post.

There is something to be said for keeping the man and retaining our dignity.

I genuinely think we are ****ed either way, so why not at least do it with some class.

Still, I'm really ****ing annoyed tonight.

He didn't take that game seriously at all:

Rested, not rested, don't care...a defeat to millwall was not going to help us in any way. And then he took off our two most creative players.
I hope he has a plan that WE don't know about. If I was sat where he is right now I would put together a strategy - I hope he has one.

Do I want to see someone who I respect, and who I am immensely grateful to for the achievements of this club last season lose their job? No way.

I said he had earned a right to go whenever he choose, even if that meant relegation. I am waivering on that.

It is his job to manage the team and get the best from them. If the players are not playing to their potential or are actively 'trying' then yes they are in the wrong...but that doesn't mean it is not the manager's problem. It certainly is. His job is to manage all of his players and coax the best from them. If he cannot do that... (I can't bring myself to complete the sentence).

What I don't like is this stupid argument doing the rounds that we should accept relegation because we had success last year. Idiots like Robbie Savage are using it to make condescending remarks in response to entirely valid observations on performance and tactics.

The argument as Robbie Savage puts it is, "if someone said to you that you could win the league if you get relegated the following year you would take that right?"

He then puts that to callers/commentators/anyone who will listen as a yes/no question. The problem is that it is not a yes/no question. It is not even a relevant question because no one ever asked us to accept those terms before last season. It was never something on offer. The reality is that it is perfectly reasonable for fans of any club to win a league and then expect not to be relegated the next year. We might have 'over achieved' last season, but we won by ten points. It was not luck, it was deserved. It does not guarantee future success, but it should not guarantee relegation, or green light poor performances or decisions on a weekly basis.

This is now a Trump style rant, but nobheads like Robbie Savage should bury their condescending remarks. Listening to him on the drive home tonight made me pretty angry. He should also stop pretending that he has any affinity to Leicester. That he takes schadenfreude from our predicament is clear and transparent. That he thinks of us as insignificant was clear from his remarks pre season.

The reality is that he knows nothing of fighting spirit because every time (for club and country) the going ever got tough Robbie Savage got going. Wind your neck in Savage and get yourself a hair cut. You are 40 something not 17. You look like Scorpio from the Simpsons. The unfortunate effect of that is not only do you sound like a prick, you look like one too.

You only need to look at Ranieri's career history to see the problem. He is the ultimate impact manager. He is brilliant in the early stages of his reign, but he has one glaring flaw and that's his total inability to turn things around when they start going wrong.

We should probably be thankful for that in a way, because if he didn't have that flaw he'd have been a much more successful manager, and then he wouldn't have come to Leicester, and then we wouldn't have had last season.

But to think that a 65-year-old whose career is peppered with examples of being unable to arrest a decline is now suddenly going to figure out how to do it is pure foolishness, and we need to be realistic and act in the best interests of the club.

I'm sad about it, but he has to go before he does any more damage.

He's trying to play devils advocate on every single front, its becoming tedious to be honest.

Or maybe I'm not a mad depressive who can't handle a few losses. It's a game of football which will be forgotten by most within a month.

friend of mine told me yesterday in summer claudio changed training sessions and stopped listening to shakespeare, anyone else here heard the same story?

friend of mine told me yesterday in summer claudio changed training sessions and stopped listening to shakespeare, anyone else here heard the same story?

Is your friend connected to the club? I can't see Shakespeare still being there, let alone talking with CR on the sidelines in matches if true.

I've seen it written here that CR has done away with Psychologists and dieticians at the club. Does anyone know if that is true?

I think these and even moreso analytics are very important to teams looking to maximise their potential these days. Marginal gains and all that. Look at the difference these make in cycling or on a bigger scale the NBA.

Is your friend connected to the club? I can't see Shakespeare still being there, let alone talking with CR on the sidelines in matches if true.

I've seen it written here that CR has done away with Psychologists and dieticians at the club. Does anyone know if that is true?

I think these and even moreso analytics are very important to teams looking to maximise their potential these days. Marginal gains and all that. Look at the difference these make in cycling or on a bigger scale the NBA.

The drugs help too. Maybe we ran out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570