Ranieri Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's being reported that "senior players" met with the owners in Spain on Wednesday night to complain about Ranieri's methods.

The utter bastards. This man led them to a league title. I despise them.

A lot of forum members on here have been complaining about Ranieri's methods too.

Some of his team selections and substitutions have bordered on the insane.

I've read a lot over the last few hours from players, pundits and journalists, almost unanimously united in their incredulity about this decision.

I've just shook my head over and over again at the lack of insight, understanding and logic that is being applied by them all. People commenting without any knowledge or comprehension. And then I read this, it is spot on:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ing-claudio-ranieri-right-decision-leicester/

I've read a lot over the last few hours from players, pundits and journalists, almost unanimously united in their incredulity about this decision.

I've just shook my head over and over again at the lack of insight, understanding and logic that is being applied by them all. People commenting without any knowledge or comprehension. And then I read this, it is spot on:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ing-claudio-ranieri-right-decision-leicester/

Exactly. None more so than Gary Lineker.

Surely everyone can see how little football knowledge he has based on his tweets when Ranieri joined. He should just learn to keep his trap shut.

One day you'll realise that football is a business.

I think we all realise that. We were just fooled by owners who seemed to have integrity and HONOUR! I believed them when they gave the vote of confidence because I believed they told the truth and were honorable. I was wrong.

My only other comment at this time will be a reflection of the sentiments in this article. The players and backroom staff have undoubtedly conspired to make this change. The pressure on them from us all to prove this decision correct will be overwhelming. Imagine the atmosphere on Monday if they're tepid and feeble again?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-sacked-claudio-ranieri-after-9906799

Yet despite them shitting on the fans by deliberately playing shit they'll be our heroes again if they like the new bloke. Football is stupid at times.

Yet despite them shitting on the fans by deliberately playing shit they'll be our heroes again if they like the new bloke. Football is stupid at times.

We are stupid.

Well I hope we get to find out what these disgusting and humiliating 'methods' are to justify this disgraceful sacking.

Team selection is not 'methods'. That is just tactics.

Did he make Ulloa sit on the naughty step? Did he ask the players to run around the pitch twice because they are unfit?

Surely the owners, if removal was justified, considering the honourable culture they come from, could have found a more dignified way to release Ranieri? His achievements last year surely earn him that much dignity?

Those players had better put in a shift and a half on Monday to prove to the world that their action was right and Ranieri had got it completely wrong.

Absolutely

I think we all realise that. We were just fooled by owners who seemed to have integrity and HONOUR! I believed them when they gave the vote of confidence because I believed they told the truth and were honorable. I was wrong.

More fool you for believing the vote of confidence. It always leads to the sack a few weeks later, why would you think this situation was any different to the rest of football history?

I think the owners showed integrity and honour by not sacking him in December (which is when he should have gone) and keeping him till now.

I hope the crowd get behind the team (even the underperforming shit eating bastards who have let us down) and tries to inspire us to three points. Anything else is just a distraction. If anyone wants to protest or support our former manager leave it until after the game has finished.
I don't see the two as mutually exclusive.

I agree with the sentence "They could not change their players" - that's some sort of record for me as I usually disagree with everything the Telegrope says as a point of principle.

The rest of this meretricious rationalisation not at all, especially the entitlement bollocks comparing this to the jettisoning of title winning managers by the Mancs and Chelsea.

What really is gnawing at me this morning is the realisation that Claudio was effectively out of the door before the Seville game as they were expecting us to get a PSG-style spanking, which would justify their dirty deeds.

More fool you for believing the vote of confidence. It always leads to the sack a few weeks later, why would you think this situation was any different to the rest of football history?

I think the owners showed integrity and honour by not sacking him in December (which is when he should have gone) and keeping him till now.

More fool me, you are right.

You know what they say "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

I won't believe the liars again.

"The entire club is and will remain united behind its manager"

There is so little honour, integrity and loyalty in the world these days.

What really is gnawing at me this morning is the realisation that Claudio was effectively out of the door before the Seville game as they were expecting us to get a PSG-style spanking, which would justify their dirty deeds.

yeah. Backfired on them didn't it.

treacherous shits

I really want to know which players were plotting against CR.

The owners have taken a brave decision and if we stay up they will have done the right thing If the players suddenly start performing then they will have proven that they have let us the supporters down big time. The owners are still OK in my book at the moment. My jury is out on the players.

Agreed.

I genuinely believe the owners' statement about it being an incredibly tough decision but they're doing what they feel is right (clearly, they wouldn't do it if they didn't think it was right...)

But the players I'm pissed off at.

I'll be happy if we start winning of course, but would still rather have gone down with Claudio then told the backstabbers to **** off than have someone like Pardew come in and the players start playing better for a few weeks to keep us up

Any other manager, any other club, would have gone before Xmas. He was given a transfer window and more money to spend. And he dicked it.

This isn't just some player/backroom plot, there was clear ineptitude from CR on display. Calls for a better way to sack him? What do people want, it to be done with dry ice and opera after the next match? A coordinated presentation of lumpy throats and tears?

Nobody wanted this as an end to a very short era, but it is what it had to be. I worry that some have failed to notice piegate, chaingate and shittinginthecargate - footy isn't how it was in your childhood, it's a business. Maybe if someone had offered to stump up th millions we'll lose with relegation we could have put honour over profit? Oh but wait, it was expected the owners shoulder that burden.

Ranieri is a true gentlemen. An incredibly likeable bloke. So why did the players stop playing for him? Were they not motivated anymore and enjoying their celeb lifestyles and cars? Isn't it the manager's job to sort that out (along with other modern aspects of the game e.g. psychology)?

Maybe this was the problem - at the start of the season while they were still sidetracked and trying to glam it up in fast cars and glossy mags, Ranieri was trying to get them focused and they got the hump?

Just a guess - but wouldn't surprise me one bit. Because we were shit from Day 1 this season and Ranieri wasn't tinkering much early on, only when things were getting worse with no sign of improvement (and even then, he was being criticised by fans for not changing things)

Any other manager, any other club, would have gone before Xmas. He was given a transfer window and more money to spend. And he dicked it.

This isn't just some player/backroom plot, there was clear ineptitude from CR on display. Calls for a better way to sack him? What do people want, it to be done with dry ice and opera after the next match? A coordinated presentation of lumpy throats and tears?

Nobody wanted this as an end to a very short era, but it is what it had to be. I worry that some have failed to notice piegate, chaingate and shittinginthecargate - footy isn't how it was in your childhood, it's a business. Maybe if someone had offered to stump up th millions we'll lose with relegation we could have put honour over profit? Oh but wait, it was expected the owners shoulder that burden.

I'm glad it makes you happy. All the shit you've been saying about the players all season long (well in the three footy related posts) I'm sure you'll be happy when they are relegated/fired too.

Personally I'd give the Owners a 1/10. ;) at least they waited 2 weeks after giving him unwavering support, it would have been 2/10 if they hadn't been hoping that Leicester would get tonked in the away match against Seville. I think they'll be worrying about karma for their next re-birth now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464